Sequatchie over Sweetwater, Tellico, takes on McMinn

SNIPER

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems to me that sequatchie county has its very good nights, such as the Grundy game at Hixson where the lady indians scored 51 points in the first half, and its bad nights, such last night when they had trouble handling Sweetwater. And it seems to me that these bad nights appear randomly. Hopefully we will have a good night Monday. On a different subject the crowd at Sequatchie County seems to be getting louder and louder every night. A man from Grundy warned Sweetwater about our crowd saying they were Almost rabid, and he also said he hopes that sweetwater can still hear when they leave the gym. I think that its a good thing, at least there is one sport in this School our fans can cheer for without being disapointed.

They were ahead by Chattanooga Christian like that in the district, but played well overall against Grundy too. That's a little harsh on the other sports, football had a lot of problems last fall and should get better but the others since then have all done pretty well to very well this year (bowling, volleyball, boys basketball, golf, cross country). Tennis will probably have some growing pains since it's a first year program but track, baseball and softball have some good potential this year too. The school should strive to have a good overall program.

QUOTE(Indian @ Feb 24 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826387911[/snapback]They were ahead by Chattanooga Christian like that in the district, but played well overall against Grundy too. That's a little harsh on the other sports, football had a lot of problems last fall and should get better but the others since then have all done pretty well to very well this year (bowling, volleyball, boys basketball, cross country).

But still you have to admit, with bowling and cross country and sports liek that its a slower pace for the crowd they aren't "stand on your feet and cheer you vocal cords out" kind of games volleyball was good i attended those games loved it but even though it isn't slow paced its not a stand up and cheer the whole time sport either, football on the other hand is, but after so many losses the crowd begins to lose faith and stops cheering especially when they get their hopes crushed twice after cheerin like crazy because we might actually win, the boys basketball team was the same way just not as bad, we got our hopes up and were disapointed even though they came through so many times, on the other hand the girls basketball team has had so many wins and played so well that the crowd isn't afraid of losing, they have confidence in the players... thats why i think the crowd has gotten louder, because we trust ther players more

QUOTE(Purple&Gold220 @ Feb 24 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826387889[/snapback]it seems to me that sequatchie county has its very good nights, such as the Grundy game at Hixson where the lady indians scored 51 points in the first half, and its bad nights, such last night when they had trouble handling Sweetwater. And it seems to me that these bad nights appear randomly. Hopefully we will have a good night Monday. On a different subject the crowd at Sequatchie County seems to be getting louder and louder every night. A man from Grundy warned Sweetwater about our crowd saying they were Almost rabid, and he also said he hopes that sweetwater can still hear when they leave the gym. I think that its a good thing, at least there is one sport in this School our fans can cheer for without being disapointed.

A loud crowd is a good thing. You should be proud. The crowd can make a difference. I believe Grundy's student section made a big difference Friday.

I hope to see huge contingent from Grundy and Sequatchie at Cleveland Monday and I really hope that Grundy cheers for Sequatchie and Sequatchie cheers for Grundy. Maybe we can cheer our way into a rematch.

DL.

QUOTE(DelTavian @ Feb 24 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826388033[/snapback]A loud crowd is a good thing. You should be proud. The crowd can make a difference. I believe Grundy's student section made a big difference Friday.

I hope to see huge contingent from Grundy and Sequatchie at Cleveland Monday and I really hope that Grundy cheers for Sequatchie and Sequatchie cheers for Grundy. Maybe we can cheer our way into a rematch.

DL.

would be great

QUOTE(DelTavian @ Feb 24 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826388033[/snapback]A loud crowd is a good thing. You should be proud. The crowd can make a difference. I believe Grundy's student section made a big difference Friday.

DL.

I never said i wasn't proud, I am very proud of our crowd it very well may be the loudest in the district (i haven't seen many others outside of our district), i was saying that to point it out, but i seriously doubt grundy will be cheering for us, just like Howard they will be cheerin against the team that beat them

QUOTE(Purple&Gold220 @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:51 AM) 826388142[/snapback]I never said i wasn't proud, I am very proud of our crowd it very well may be the loudest in the district (i haven't seen many others outside of our district), i was saying that to point it out, but i seriously doubt grundy will be cheering for us, just like Howard they will be cheerin against the team that beat them

The ? is would Seq cheer for Grundy? That could decide if Grundy would cheer for them. Grundy plays first so we will see. i will be cheering for Seq because they are 6aa team.

Great job lady indians. As an Seq. alum class of 83 I am proud to see the girls doing so well this year. I have been gone from there since I graduated but have tried to keep up with them when possible. It is great to see them do well. Because of the area I live in now I also know what Tellico is capable of . Brooke McKinnon is the real deal. You will have to find a way to slow her down. I say that because I believe she is unstoppable . This will be a great game and I believe if Seq keeps their head and plays hard for 32 minutes they can win, but I also believe this will be one of the toughest if not the toughest game they play all year. good luck and

GO LADY INDIANS .

DL.

I like that DL.,I do hope the girls can cheer for one another. I believe we as parents have to teach our children that it's time like this, that we should all support our own District teams.

I know there is a lot of bad blood between these two teams, things that go back to last year District games, could be others I don't know. But I pray they can put all behind them and support oneanother in the region games. And even if all of Sequatchie doesent I hope Grundy will. Let's all get behind these YOUNG LADY'S and support them as far as they may go. "All the way to the state Lady Indians"

Play Your Game Lady Indians, just Play YOUR Game !!

QUOTE(goldmom @ Feb 25 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826388375[/snapback]The ? is would Seq cheer for Grundy? That could decide if Grundy would cheer for them. Grundy plays first so we will see. i will be cheering for Seq because they are 6aa team.

What time does Grundy play? Will Sequatchie even be able to get there in time to cheer? I know that we are leaving sometime after 3 but i'm not sure what time the game starts.