REGION 5 PICKS

FridayMainEvent

QUOTE(BlueRocket @ Feb 23 2007 - 08:45 AM) 826385617[/snapback]I thought I would pass on this information I copied from a site called unapproved website.

Congratulations to all nominated for this honorary award from Region 5A.

Class A: All-Region Selections

Written by Andre Whitehead

Tuesday, 13 February 2007

It's playoff time in Tennessee and with that comes the announcing of the various glitter squads that accompany those honors.

TENNESSEE PREP HOOPS ALL-REGION SELECTIONS

What are some of your thoughts one who win and by how many in the regions???

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BlueRocket @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826385755[/snapback]Sorry it would not let me insert the link correctly, it says unapproved website but it is at unapproved website. com. (Altogether of course).

I know I'm biased here, but I've seen us play Forrest all three times this year and I'm finding it hard to believe that they got the region MVP and one other player on the All-Region team while we only have Hall there. I question the rationality behind that pick. I didn't see TWO Forrest players I would take over Reed, Day, or Carkuff for Cascade. I'll give ya Shankle, (not as region MVP, but all-region absolutely) but I would of had any of these three ahead of Forrest's second best player. I haven't seen enough of district 10 to evaluate their talent, but I'd have Hall and Baker ahead for region MVP. Just my opinion.

GAME DAY! Anybody got any new injuries that may or may not effect your game? I think we are healthy as far as I know. Looking foward to the game tonight. I hope our boys have prepared well. I have no doubt Coach Pope put some overtime in figuring out how to bust that 2-2-1 defense East Lit runs. Should be a fun game to watch tonight.

As soon as you guys know something over in Van Buren, let me know how your game comes out. I've really enjoyed watching your team play this year and I hate that if both of us are fortunate enough to advance tonight, we have to knock each other off in the next round. Good Luck tonight!

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 24 2007 - 06:19 AM) 826386982[/snapback]GAME DAY! Anybody got any new injuries that may or may not effect your game? I think we are healthy as far as I know. Looking foward to the game tonight. I hope our boys have prepared well. I have no doubt Coach Pope put some overtime in figuring out how to bust that 2-2-1 defense East Lit runs. Should be a fun game to watch tonight.

As soon as you guys know something over in Van Buren, let me know how your game comes out. I've really enjoyed watching your team play this year and I hate that if both of us are fortunate enough to advance tonight, we have to knock each other off in the next round. Good Luck tonight!

It is Gameday!!! I hope Cascade comes out and puts it on East Lit early. We need to outscore them and keep the lead from the get go. Should be another crazy night in Wartrace. I hope we stay fouced amd play like we have the past 5 games. Good luck to the Champs and all other district 9A teams. Should be a great one tonight. Two more wins and you are automatically in the sub state. Take it one game at a time.

Go Champs

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 24 2007 - 11:35 AM) 826387185[/snapback]It is Gameday!!! I hope Cascade comes out and puts it on East Lit early. We need to outscore them and keep the lead from the get go. Should be another crazy night in Wartrace. I hope we stay fouced amd play like we have the past 5 games. Good luck to the Champs and all other district 9A teams. Should be a great one tonight. Two more wins and you are automatically in the sub state. Take it one game at a time.

Go Champs

I know there is some talk about East Lit. coming out in a 2-2-1 zone, i am sure they will show the trapping zone, and they are very active. BUT, i saw them play NCS and Houston Co. and they are playing a VERY aggressive man to man and i know you can count on it, they WILL be in Cascades shorts all night reaking havoc. I think this is a very interesting match up and i think it depends on whether or not East Lit. comes to play, because when they do, they can be hard to beat. Can anyone tell me if Eagleville runs a lot of man to man or are they mostly a zone oriented defensive team. Thanks and good luck to all.

QUOTE(naismith3 @ Feb 24 2007 - 02:53 PM) 826387350[/snapback]I know there is some talk about East Lit. coming out in a 2-2-1 zone, i am sure they will show the trapping zone, and they are very active. BUT, i saw them play NCS and Houston Co. and they are playing a VERY aggressive man to man and i know you can count on it, they WILL be in Cascades shorts all night reaking havoc. I think this is a very interesting match up and i think it depends on whether or not East Lit. comes to play, because when they do, they can be hard to beat. Can anyone tell me if Eagleville runs a lot of man to man or are they mostly a zone oriented defensive team. Thanks and good luck to all.

They actially ran alot of man to man against us at the end of the regular season but the are know for their zone defense more than anything. If East Lit plays us man to man they will lose. If their 2-2-1 is all it is cracked up to be it may cause Cascade some problems, but the way Cascade has been playing lately I would honestly be shocked if we were to lose. Hope I am right and not dissapointed at the end of the night. Eagleville is a great team but they force alot of shots thats are they should not take. If they get hot from outside watch out. Should be a close game with all four games I would assume. Good luck to all.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 24 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826387444[/snapback]They actially ran alot of man to man against us at the end of the regular season but the are know for their zone defense more than anything. If East Lit plays us man to man they will lose. If their 2-2-1 is all it is cracked up to be it may cause Cascade some problems, but the way Cascade has been playing lately I would honestly be shocked if we were to lose. Hope I am right and not dissapointed at the end of the night. Eagleville is a great team but they force alot of shots thats are they should not take. If they get hot from outside watch out. Should be a close game with all four games I would assume. Good luck to all.

Treyvols, East Lit played man to man for all 32 minutes and kicked your butt with it. I guess you are shocked.

Cascade11 is stupid... and i knew cascade would lose. BC they don't have a region type MVP player on the team. Stop argueing with people who know twice as much as you do about the game. The people made him an MVP for a reason. If they thought your players were better you would have picked them. Congrats on beating us in the finals though. To bad your season is over and the strong have survived...

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 25 2007 - 03:00 AM) 826388166[/snapback]Cascade11 is stupid... and i knew cascade would lose. BC they don't have a region type MVP player on the team. Stop argueing with people who know twice as much as you do about the game. The people made him an MVP for a reason. If they thought your players were better you would have picked them. Congrats on beating us in the finals though. To bad your season is over and the strong have survived...

Thats mean, but at the same time ture and funny.....See ya tuesday night.

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 25 2007 - 02:00 AM) 826388166[/snapback]Cascade11 is stupid... and i knew cascade would lose. BC they don't have a region type MVP player on the team. Stop argueing with people who know twice as much as you do about the game. The people made him an MVP for a reason. If they thought your players were better you would have picked them. Congrats on beating us in the finals though. To bad your season is over and the strong have survived...

Your right, we apparently don't have a region MVP. We do have a district MVP who put your boy out in the championship. We admittedly had matchup problems against EL and their style of play (very aggressive) was allowed by an officiating crew that apparently left their whistles in their cars. EL had the best shooting night they've ever had, mostly aided by the moving picks they ran all night that were never called. I'm not whining, because even if the game had been called tighter, I don't know that the outcome would of been different. Their kids wanted it bad and they never let up the entire game. I don't know if we may of been looking past them to our next matchup or what the problem was, but we never got in a good rhythm all night. We didn't get alot of open looks and when we did, we either passed up the shot, or missed. That's part of the game and it's gonna happen. Congratulations to East Lit. on a hard fought game and good luck to you in the semi's.

As for you, Fresh, trust me, I'm not the only one that is glad your brother is a senior so we don't have to listen to your continous gloating on here. I'll make a prediction that soon enough you'll get a dose of reality about what I've been telling you all year. Your brother is a great HIGH SCHOOL basketball player. He doesn't possess the tools to make it at the next level though. Sometimes the truth hurts as you'll soon find out. Hall and Baker DO have those tools and will succeed to a greater extent if all are given an opportunity at the next level.