All Region 1 for A and AA since 2001

RedwallOutcast

QUOTE(byrd62 @ Feb 22 2007 - 11:20 AM) 826384385[/snapback]I think you surely would want to include Brad Seal & Rocky Nickels they only went to state 4 yrs in a row

Seal and Dugger are two of a kind. You wont find many 1A players past Knoxville like those 2. Wut about Mike Matthews, who went on to play @ Chattanooga? Brad Seal, Matthews, Nichols, Aaron Seal, and another good guard (forgot name) played on the 00-01 team, which were stacked everywhere. One of the best teams Ive seen. Just got beat by a talented Alcoa team in 1st round. That was Alcoa's last year in A. Great coach in Tony Seal. Wuts the relationship status between of all the Seals? Hancock was great back in those days. Brad Seal I know got 3 Reg MVPs in a row. If im not mistaken, was Matthews originally from Kentucky and moved to Sneedville just to play ball his Jr yr? And wasnt Coach Seal the sherriff? I know Hancock had some coach, who was the sherriff.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HighSchoolFanatic @ Feb 24 2007 - 12:01 AM) 826386855[/snapback]Seal and Dugger are two of a kind. You wont find many 1A players past Knoxville like those 2. Wut about Mike Matthews, who went on to play @ Chattanooga? Brad Seal, Matthews, Nichols, Aaron Seal, and another good guard (forgot name) played on the 00-01 team, which were stacked everywhere. One of the best teams Ive seen. Just got beat by a talented Alcoa team in 1st round. That was Alcoa's last year in A. Great coach in Tony Seal. Wuts the relationship status between of all the Seals? Hancock was great back in those days. Brad Seal I know got 3 Reg MVPs in a row. If im not mistaken, was Matthews originally from Kentucky and moved to Sneedville just to play ball his Jr yr? And wasnt Coach Seal the sherriff? I know Hancock had some coach, who was the sherriff.

The other gard was problem Josh fleenor, Brandon Cope or Blanke Ramsey he was in same class as brad seal. Mike Matthews was agood player he played his jr & sr. yr. he got huet first game sr. yr. didn't play till last game in season & tour. he came from middle tn. from some 2A OR 3A Team. Most of the seals or related some way. Yes tony was sheriff for 4 years then he came back to coaching. It was in 2001 when they only lost 1 regalur season game to picket co. In 99 they went to semis.

1st Team

G-Joe Brown-Sullivan Central

G-Kyle Donahue-South Greene

F-John LeSuere-Sullivan Central

F-Chucky Lindholm-Volunteer

C-Vince Redd-Elizabethton

2nd Team

G-B.J. Miller-Elizabethton

G-Aaron Dugger-Unaka

F-Phillip Scarselone-Sullivan North

F-Alex Carroll-Happy Valley

C-Matt Dunford-Sullivan Central

Honorable Mention

Matt Cornett-Johnson County, Josh O'Dell-Sullivan Central, Jordan Lambert-Elizabethton, William Brown-Elizabethton, Rusty Chambers-Unaka, Gabe Buchanan-Sullivan Central, Ike Weaver-Unicoi Co.

QUOTE(cougarball52 @ Feb 24 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826387580[/snapback]That's true, I didn't know too much about District 2AA. But Rutledge I remember had some awesome player in '03.

Yes they did the day & lay kids and the point gaurd that played for walter state I can't think of his name he was far better player than woodacre.

It's really hard to believe that Unicoi is only represented by one player sparingly on these lists after being extremely competitive/dominant in recent years. Maybe it's the emphasis on team ball or lack of a true collegiate prototype, but there are a few names on here that never played well against the Blue Devils. Here are a few names that haven't been mention and should be:

Tommy Short- Johnson County

Derrick Nave- Elizabethton

Jordan Simmons- Unicoi County

Sanchez Rutherford- Volunteer

QUOTE(Hustle_Will_Win @ Feb 26 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826390108[/snapback]It's really hard to believe that Unicoi is only represented by one player sparingly on these lists after being extremely competitive/dominant in recent years. Maybe it's the emphasis on team ball or lack of a true collegiate prototype, but there are a few names on here that never played well against the Blue Devils. Here are a few names that haven't been mention and should be:

Tommy Short- Johnson County

Derrick Nave- Elizabethton

Jordan Simmons- Unicoi County

Sanchez Rutherford- Volunteer

Unicoi did not start dominating until Central left. Central and Unicoi had some great games though. Elizabethton's team with Vince Redd was awesome. Central had great teams those years but just could not stop Redd. But there were some very good teams those years, and in my mind better than AAA.

QUOTE(HighSchoolFanatic @ Feb 24 2007 - 12:01 AM) 826386855[/snapback]Seal and Dugger are two of a kind. You wont find many 1A players past Knoxville like those 2. Wut about Mike Matthews, who went on to play @ Chattanooga? Brad Seal, Matthews, Nichols, Aaron Seal, and another good guard (forgot name) played on the 00-01 team, which were stacked everywhere. One of the best teams Ive seen. Just got beat by a talented Alcoa team in 1st round. That was Alcoa's last year in A. Great coach in Tony Seal. Wuts the relationship status between of all the Seals? Hancock was great back in those days. Brad Seal I know got 3 Reg MVPs in a row. If im not mistaken, was Matthews originally from Kentucky and moved to Sneedville just to play ball his Jr yr? And wasnt Coach Seal the sherriff? I know Hancock had some coach, who was the sherriff.

dugger was a great player and so was seal but my favorite player was rusty chambers of unaka. i believe that kids got more out of his athletic ability than anyone. he was a good scorer, great passer and free throw shooter and they won a state championship. chambers got the other players involved which is the sign of a good ball player. donald ensor built that team around him. not a big time college player just a excellent high school player.

as for coach seal he was never the sheriff but he keeps law and order on the basketball team.

You guys have omitted Singleton's teammates from Rutledge: Chase McBee and Matt Day. During their little run from 2001-2004 Day was one of the best three-point shooters anywhere and McBee was good for a double double most nights as well as being clutch during his playing days (2002 grad).

And yes, Singleton should've played D-I...too bad he let things get away from him.