REGIONAL GAME TIMES

dwhunter45

QUOTE(dwhunter45 @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:55 AM) 826382829[/snapback]DOES WEST TENNESSEE HAVE AN EXEMPTION FROM THE TSSAA WHEN THEY PLAY THEIR REGIONAL GAMES? I THOUGHT THE DATES AND TIMES WERE ALREADY SET IN STONE. FRIDAY AT 7:00 P.M. FOR GIRL'S QUARTER-FINALS, AND SATURDAY AT 7:00 P.M. FOR BOYS QUARTER-FINALS.

Region 7AA asked for and was granted permission to start on Thursday so that they would not have to play the following Wednesday, which has been traditionally a night when folks go to church......

QUOTE(Not-so HeavyD @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:02 PM) 826382842[/snapback]Region 7AA asked for and was granted permission to start on Thursday so that they would not have to play the following Wednesday, which has been traditionally a night when folks go to church......

I wish Region 3 had done the same. I'm a youth minister, and I won't be able to attend if my team makes it to the finals.

it is a sad day for all Bible Belters when we see TSSAA mandate Wednesday nights as a set tournament night

it is also a sad day when TSSAA force all region quarters to be played on the same night at the same time so all the games can't be enjoyed by all region fans

TSSAA spends too much time trying to meddle with things to make the best 'financial' decisions that they forget to make the 'right' decisions

QUOTE(3pointer @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:43 PM) 826384581[/snapback]it is a sad day for all Bible Belters when we see TSSAA mandate Wednesday nights as a set tournament night

it is also a sad day when TSSAA force all region quarters to be played on the same night at the same time so all the games can't be enjoyed by all region fans

TSSAA spends too much time trying to meddle with things to make the best 'financial' decisions that they forget to make the 'right' decisions

If I remember correctly our region has been playing semifinals for YEARS on Wednesday night. It used to be 4 games Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then finals on Thursday. Girls' sub states were on Saturday and boys' on Monday.

This is nothing new.

Plus......do you think God isn't at the game? Why can't you gather at the game a little early, have a prayer meeting, sing a hymn or two and then go support the team? Are you afraid that in today's politically correct world where we're not supposed to pray before the games at schools that someone will do something to you? Seems to me that you can pray and sing wherever you want even if the school is forbidden by liberal judges to lead you in prayer.

DL (who does some of his best praying and talking to The Man Upstairs in a boat on the water. Why let a church building confine you?)

Good Point DelTavian! God Is Everywhere

If the Lady Indians make it to the Championship game I will be there supporting them. Some people have a bigger ministry at an athletic event or in sports than they do inside the church building. If everyone would take there ministry outside the church more people would see what they do and why they do it. I am to be an encourager and in today's athletic events. In sports today their is a lot of tearing down of these young vulnerable players, but no many people are building them up. May i remind you, we are suppose to be building up each other rather than tearing down!

McMinn Central Maniac, Have your youth group meet you at Cleveland State on Wednesday night before the game and have your meeting there. We used to go to our High school two or three times a year to pray for our school. I know its not actually your school but it will be different of your kids and they could support their team too.

QUOTE(TNBballMan @ Feb 23 2007 - 03:45 PM) 826386187[/snapback]I don't see a problem with Wednesday night games. However, if it were to be on Sundays I wouldn't be pleased with that. Sunday is God's day and a day of rest.

every day is God's day in that everything we do should be to glorify him.......better testimonies can be how we act and support our kids as compared to how many days we take up space in a pew....heard a preacher say this once

TSSAA and the districts don't HAVE to play district and regional tournaments on Wednesday, that is the point

i understand on State tourney week where you have the gym rented for a set amount of days etc, but districts and regions can easily avoid Wednesdays

Nobody is arguing that you can't have devotionals or whatever on wednesdays on your own, but i'd bet less than 10-20% of teams that play on Wednesday have those due to time retsraints/travel/etc, and those players are forced by TSSAA and the districts/regions to miss services that night or miss the game

and fans and coaches too

so that is my point, why play on Wednesday if you don't HAVE to?

you say your district has played on Wednesdays for years, well ours hasn't and is now being asked to (even though we got a waiver to not do so)

QUOTE(3pointer @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:43 PM) 826384581[/snapback]it is a sad day for all Bible Belters when we see TSSAA mandate Wednesday nights as a set tournament night

They will learn this was one of hte worst financial decisions they've made in a while. I know a lot of people and STUDENTS, who just aren't going to pay $5 to see one game. Also, it's funny how they are concerned about the student athelete, and pass this "no more than 2 games per site on a school night" rule, but will ignore that rule when it's time to cash in on the state tourney