District 10A

bigtuck4242

QUOTE(bigchief @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826440151[/snapback]As stated before, Heritage 2 East Lit 0

Hill throws 7 innings allowing 3 hits, 3 bb and striking out 5. Heritage made one error.

Teasley throws 7 innings allowing 6 hits, O bb, and strikes out 12. East Lit made 3 errors. Teasley threw a great game.

Teasley, Davis and Brasher had one hit each for East Lit.

Hill had two hits and Pardue, Scott, McMoran and Ellis had one each for Heritage.

No home runs this time since it was at Shelby instead of WH City Park.

Also, quite possibly the worst call ever by a HOME PLATE umpire on a play at 2ND BASE. Absolutely brutal call, but it did not cost us the game. One run? Probably. However, we didn't get it done at the plate. Hill pitched well. I will say that UMPIRE DAVE BLOCKER will not be anywhere around us come tourney time. What a joke. Not as bad as Grissom, but he is obviously trying to be.

Does ANYBODY know how McEwen and Houston Co. came out?

I know Houston Co. won the first game!!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigchief @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826440151[/snapback]No home runs this time since it was at Shelby instead of WH City Park.

Also, quite possibly the worst call ever by a HOME PLATE umpire on a play at 2ND BASE. Absolutely brutal call, but it did not cost us the game. One run? Probably. However, we didn't get it done at the plate. Hill pitched well. I will say that UMPIRE DAVE BLOCKER will not be anywhere around us come tourney time. What a joke. Not as bad as Grissom, but he is obviously trying to be.

There was one close to being a hr but the guy hit it where it was 370 so...

I feel the call was sound and its a judgement call.... but i personally loved the rant that followed the call by the player and the coach way to show composure(not)

QUOTE(rollinnillor @ Apr 18 2007 - 12:10 PM) 826440324[/snapback]There was one close to being a hr but the guy hit it where it was 370 so...

I feel the call was sound and its a judgement call.... but i personally loved the rant that followed the call by the player and the coach way to show composure(not)

It was not a sound call, but u can think w/e u want to think. A guy sliding into second base is not interference, the guy throwing the ball should have stepped out of the way. Players across the country are taught to slide into second no matter what, and this guy got punished for doing what he was taught.

QUOTE(bigtuck4242 @ Apr 18 2007 - 03:42 PM) 826440490[/snapback]It was not a sound call, but u can think w/e u want to think. A guy sliding into second base is not interference, the guy throwing the ball should have stepped out of the way. Players across the country are taught to slide into second no matter what, and this guy got punished for doing what he was taught.

i agree your allowed to slide into the base but when u raise ur spikes its automatic your out cause ur indangering other players

Houston County swept 10-2, and 6-4 over McEwen.

From ERBaseball 25

"Ha ha Tuck yall ain't hosting nothing for a while...i would almost say just let NCS host it every year, i mean they have the nicest field in the district and its not to bad of a drive for anybody, its kind of central..."

And no you dont want the district tournament at NCS for 2 reasons .....

1. Chuck Anderson will get his umpires that he knows that favor NCS

2. NCS field is not the nicest in the district Shelby is and it is also deep,

I have always thought you should play district tournaments at a neutral site ...

if your going to use Houston County, why not try APSU

QUOTE(bigtuck4242 @ Apr 17 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826439972[/snapback]Funny how neither are in first place in the district!!!

tuck tuck tuck take a chill pill dude i am not saying anythig bad about jo byrns, just because i said these facts doesnt mean these are the top teams they dont just hand out the trophy to the most fundemental or talented i figured you being from Jo byrns and being a part of last years season would know that. I dont care who wins I just like to see good ball, therefore the name goodeye11.

only 2 comments on this post

1. East baseball 25 why shouldnt Jo Byrns be able to hosts I know you probably think the fence is to short which it may be, but both teams get the same number of at bats as the other. Their is nothing wrong with them hosting, and if you really think about it, it is actually their turn to hosts i think. Because houston co, ncs and jo byrns only fields with lights so think about the order.

2. I know that their is a lot of people that do not like Coach Anderson, but you at least have to respect him. He is or was one of the best, if not the best Coach in our district. Love him or hate him, great players or coaches have to respect him. Not everyone likes Barry Bonds but you have to give him respect unless you can hit like that. NO steroid comments.lol

QUOTE(bigtuck4242 @ Apr 18 2007 - 03:42 PM) 826440490[/snapback]It was not a sound call, but u can think w/e u want to think. A guy sliding into second base is not interference, the guy throwing the ball should have stepped out of the way. Players across the country are taught to slide into second no matter what, and this guy got punished for doing what he was taught.

im pretty sure you weren't there..so i dont know how you could know if it was the right call..one side wont be happy on a call like that, depending on who your cheering for. it also prolly didnt cost them a run, b/c w/o that guy being called out, there still would have been two outs, but a runner on third, they only had three hits so chances are they wouldnt have scored.

QUOTE(goodeye11 @ Apr 18 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826440715[/snapback]only 2 comments on this post

1. East baseball 25 why shouldnt Jo Byrns be able to hosts I know you probably think the fence is to short which it may be, but both teams get the same number of at bats as the other. Their is nothing wrong with them hosting, and if you really think about it, it is actually their turn to hosts i think. Because houston co, ncs and jo byrns only fields with lights so think about the order.

2. I know that their is a lot of people that do not like Coach Anderson, but you at least have to respect him. He is or was one of the best, if not the best Coach in our district. Love him or hate him, great players or coaches have to respect him. Not everyone likes Barry Bonds but you have to give him respect unless you can hit like that. NO steroid comments.lol

why not be at jo byrns?? i'll tell you why, say your pitcher is pitching a lights out game and your team is not hitting the ball well against the opposing pitcher and the other team hits a routine fly but at jo byrns it is a home run and kills your team because your facing a good pitcher and not getting alot of hits that game, nothing is wrong with their field, i wouldn't mind it being my home field so i could pull out a couple of homers during the year but why not give everyteam a decent sized field and let a a 300 foot pop up be an out and not a home run, a Houston Co. everyone will really have to hit the ball to get it out there so thats my reasoning...and i think people didn't like coach anderson because he had that swagger and some people that can't have that same swagger get mad and not like him, every baseball player should have that certain "swagger" when they hit the field or what is there to intimidate the other team???

ok if you want to complain about a short field ... NCS is not much bigger than JBS, I think they are both too short and I agree with the point ERBaseball25 said about pitching in that park .... but why not use Shelby ... big field, nice field, has lights ... when i played in this district 10-plus ago we played at such places as Vandy, Vol State, APSU, and Aquinas ..... and yes Goodpasture and Davidson were in the district then, but no one else complained, because it gave players an oppotunity to play on college field, and for some it was the only time they would.

And as for comment about coach Anderson, yes he does have a swagger and I respect him as a coach, but he isnt coaching anymore. So if he wants to come to games and cheer for his son, I have no problem with it, but when he begin to curse opposing players while they are in the field thats just classless. But I do think that NCS is a better coached team with Coach Frutchemeyer, he played at Belmont and alot of great high school coaches have come through that program and he is another one on the rise.

QUOTE(rollinnillor @ Apr 18 2007 - 04:57 PM) 826440529[/snapback]i agree your allowed to slide into the base but when u raise ur spikes its automatic your out cause ur indangering other players

did you even see the play? apparently not, cause i slid and hit his legs with my shin. My spikes were nowhere near his leg so there was no way i was trying to hurt him. i was playing fundamental baseball

QUOTE(jteasley7 @ Apr 19 2007 - 08:58 AM) 826440933[/snapback]did you even see the play? apparently not, cause i slid and hit his legs with my shin. My spikes were nowhere near his leg so there was no way i was trying to hurt him. i was playing fundamental baseball

and it did NOT effect the outcome of the game..so i dont see why its still being talked about..a controversial call, yes, but a game changing call, i dont think so. i would have slid the same exact way, im not saying it was the right call or wrong call, im saying one side wont be happy in a situation like that..its different if a run would have scored if it would have been called the other way but it didnt..