Dyersburg vs Northside - Milan vs Westview

sls

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan in a walk thru ... Northside in a close one ... then Northside over Milan ... don't fret Milan though cause both of you are Boro-bound

Milan rejuvenated by Northside moving to other bracket looks like they found the November thru January team that had been missing since February started

and Northside has had their wake-up call, luckily (for them) not on a do-or-die night

Finally I disagree 3. Milan / Westview will be close just like the other 2 games. NS/Db will be close also.

Milan finally came out and scored some points early. Poston finally looked like Poston, offensively anyway. Gray finally did what she needs to do. The others just continue to play well. So goes Poston/Gray, so goes Milan. Milan took a small lead after 1 and then expanded to 14 by the 1/2 and maintained anywhere from a 12-18 point lead the 2nd half. 14 from FW is tough, she had 35. Memphis officials sure do call different than others. No better, no worse just different.

Dburg vs. JNS will be a classic..both teams know each other very well over the years in the same district when they were AAA... The lady trojans will have to play much better than they did against Covington & if they do, and don't make silly turnovers, they'll win by 5 or better....

As for the Milan vs. Westview, my pick there is Milan by 10 or better IF Milan plays defense.....too much talent on that Milan squad but if they're looking ahead at the championship game, the View will upset them so watch out!!!

Both games will be classics that die hard girls basketball fans will want to watch!!!

QUOTE(Little Joe @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826385622[/snapback]Dburg vs. JNS will be a classic..both teams know each other very well over the years in the same district when they were AAA... The lady trojans will have to play much better than they did against Covington & if they do, and don't make silly turnovers, they'll win by 5 or better....

As for the Milan vs. Westview, my pick there is Milan by 10 or better IF Milan plays defense.....too much talent on that Milan squad but if they're looking ahead at the championship game, the View will upset them so watch out!!!

Both games will be classics that die hard girls basketball fans will want to watch!!!

Are the teams that lose out at that point or is there a losers bracket?

Milan's intensity returned last night. They played a little sloppy a few stretches but Fayette-Ware's style will make anyone look sloppy at times. Gray penetrated several times and stayed in control for the most part. Jones is playing as well as she ever has. Poston was shooting well and hitting the boards aggressively. Freshmen Glenn is maturing fast and really contributing some big minutes. If Milan brings that kind of energy on Saturday night, I like their chances. I think Dyersburg/Northside is a tossup.

It's my understanding Milan/Westview game is second. Can anyone confirm that?

QUOTE(3pointer @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826385365[/snapback]yeah i think Memphis refs let you bang ALOT more

which leads to my prediction above, Milan power + Martin finesse + Memphis refs = ... Milan by double digits (just my opinion)

Dyersburg power + Northside power + Memphis refs = close game

Are these the refs that will be officiating the games Saturday?

The refs Westview had last night were pretty consistent, but they certainly didn't let anyone play. I believe both teams were in the double bonus (at least past bonus) before the 3rd quarter was even over. Westview isn't even a very physical team, as you put it, Westview has "Martin finesse".

QUOTE(KarmaZone @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:39 AM) 826385687[/snapback]The teams that lose the next game are out, I believe. If a team wins this game and loses in the regional final, they get a game against the winner of Region 8.

That is correct, the loser in the Region semifinal is done for the year however the two winners get to play at least two more game the Regional championship and the Substate game.......

Go Trojans............let's take it one game at a time and show them what we can do.

Milan/FW had Memphis officials. A lot of pushing was let go. The offensive player got all calls their way. Let people carry the ball all night. Made a lot of calls that did not make a lot of sense, from most peoples point of view. Seemed to believe in hat they called though.