Harpeth falls to Lexington

bb2552

Harpeth was defeated by Lexington tonight at home by 5 points. Lexington did a great job of coming in and being confident in a very difficult game atmosphere tonight to pull off this victory.

Also Cheatham Co. defeated South Side tonight to advance as well.

Liberty defeats Sycamore to advance as well tonight in a very physical ballgame.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bb2552 @ Feb 23 2007 - 08:25 PM) 826386535[/snapback]Harpeth is defeated by Lexington tonight at home by 5 points. Lexington did a great job of coming in and being confident in a very difficult game atmosphere tonight to pull off this victory.

Also Cheatham Co. defeated South Side tonight to advance as well.

Liberty defeats Sycamore to advance as well tonight in a very physical ballgame.

Very suprising Lexington taking out defending region champs. Liberty beat Sycamore by 26. So that sets up a Liberty/Lexington matchup with the winner advancing to region championship and also a guaranteed sub state berth. McNairy's win makes it 3 out of 4 for 12AA. I thought those predicting a 11AA sweep were a little too optimistic or a little too homer. Only real surprising result is Lexington's win.

great game for both squads but lexington had a lil more of a drive at the end .. lexington played more physical.. harpeth couldnt get anything to fall on there home court.. the first step of lexington gaurds caught harpeth off gaurd most of lexs points was driving lay ups.. the down side to the game.. the officials were bad i mean atrocious.. phantom fouls no calls out of bounds calls that were jus god- awful and mr clean gave harpeth a warning for water on the floor what is that !!! las thing it didnt help that those refs were from west tennesee hum makes ya think can a team have home cookn if they are way... haha jus jk.. good luck lex u played well peace out ..........

QUOTE(wonofate @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:20 PM) 826386684[/snapback]great game for both squads but lexington had a lil more of a drive at the end .. lexington played more physical.. harpeth couldnt get anything to fall on there home court.. the first step of lexington gaurds caught harpeth off gaurd most of lexs points was driving lay ups.. the down side to the game.. the officials were bad i mean atrocious.. phantom fouls no calls out of bounds calls that were jus god- awful and mr clean gave harpeth a warning for water on the floor what is that !!! las thing it didnt help that those refs were from west tennesee hum makes ya think can a team have home cookn if they are way... haha jus jk.. good luck lex u played well peace out ..........

Lexington was a well prepared team that did a great job of playing THEIR game. They were patient and didn't take too many ill advised shots. Definately a game played from the perimeter. Lexington shot well from outside and once Harpeth came out with a little more pressure, #'s 24 & 25 used their very quick first step to get really good penetration for some layups. Harpeth's D was better in the second half, didn't give up near as many layups. Just closed out flat-footed in the first half, too many easy points.

To your point about "drive at the end." That was a result of Lexington slowing the game down in the 3rd, very meticulous, and I think that gave them the extra umph they needed to keep that lead down the stretch.

I haven't said this but maybe once this season, but I'm gonna say it now... DEFINATELY THE WORST CALLED GAME I'VE SEEN. Both ways, mind you. Neither team was given an advantage from it. I think the foul count was pretty even on both sides. Yes, it was the first time this season I've seen the "water delay of game" called. I watched the clock on the refs 5-counts and they were calling 5-seconds when the clock had elapsed about 3, very quick.

Harpeth had opportunities down the stretch, but the shots didn't fall. I also have to question why Harpeth took some of the shots they did. They rushed them and were forcing shots with a defender hanging on each arm, even though they were 10 footers, they were off-balanced and forced.

Good luck to Mandy, Salem and Stephanie. Thanks for some great years of basketball. You will be missed.

12AA takes 3 of 4, papatiger's really solidifying his prediction reputation.

QUOTE(Slube @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826386799[/snapback]Lexington was a well prepared team that did a great job of playing THEIR game. They were patient and didn't take too many ill advised shots. Definately a game played from the perimeter. Lexington shot well from outside and once Harpeth came out with a little more pressure, #'s 24 & 25 used their very quick first step to get really good penetration for some layups. Harpeth's D was better in the second half, didn't give up near as many layups. Just closed out flat-footed in the first half, too many easy points.

To your point about "drive at the end." That was a result of Lexington slowing the game down in the 3rd, very meticulous, and I think that gave them the extra umph they needed to keep that lead down the stretch.

I haven't said this but maybe once this season, but I'm gonna say it now... DEFINATELY THE WORST CALLED GAME I'VE SEEN. Both ways, mind you. Neither team was given an advantage from it. I think the foul count was pretty even on both sides. Yes, it was the first time this season I've seen the "water delay of game" called. I watched the clock on the refs 5-counts and they were calling 5-seconds when the clock had elapsed about 3, very quick.

Harpeth had opportunities down the stretch, but the shots didn't fall. I also have to question why Harpeth took some of the shots they did. They rushed them and were forcing shots with a defender hanging on each arm, even though they were 10 footers, they were off-balanced and forced.

Good luck to Mandy, Salem and Stephanie. Thanks for some great years of basketball. You will be missed.

12AA takes 3 of 4, papatiger's really solidifying his prediction reputation.

Yeah, I sort of missed that. We broadcast the Sycamore game and I thought the Sycamore girls played really tight. They didn't adjust to the physical game of Liberty Tech. Missed at least 10 wide open lay ups which would have made a huge difference. Harpeth game really shocked everyone. and by the way Slube. I talked to the Liberty Tech coach before the game and he said that the only team that would win including the Sycamore/Liberty Tech game would be McNairy. He had seen all the teams and thought they were a lot better than 12AA. anyway, that's why you play the games.

QUOTE(papatiger @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:47 PM) 826386833[/snapback]Yeah, I sort of missed that. We broadcast the Sycamore game and I thought the Sycamore girls played really tight. They didn't adjust to the physical game of Liberty Tech. Missed at least 10 wide open lay ups which would have made a huge difference. Harpeth game really shocked everyone. and by the way Slube. I talked to the Liberty Tech coach before the game and he said that the only team that would win including the Sycamore/Liberty Tech game would be McNairy. He had seen all the teams and thought they were a lot better than 12AA. anyway, that's why you play the games.

Just ribbin' man, all in fun.

I wish I wasn't such a Harpeth fan, I'd try to take in more games in the 12AA area. Always athletic and talented. Then, I could put my foot in my mouth and eat crow more often.

Should be some really good games in Waverly next week. See ya there.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Feb 24 2007 - 12:42 AM) 826386825[/snapback]McNairy Central vs Cheatham Co. will be a great game if it's anything like the substate game that these two teams played against one another a few years ago in Ashland City.

I listened to the game on the radio that night and it sounded really good except the final score. I think that was McNairy's seniors frosh year. Maybe they will remember that game produce and a different outcome this year. It should be a good one especially if CC can shoot the 3-ball like Creekwood.Did you go to the Southside/CC game. If so, how was it?