Livingston / Smith Co. (Regions)

glover

The thing that worries me the most is that Smith Co. is going to let the air out of the ball and make it a half court game. That's about the only chance they have to win. It could cause the LA girls to get off to a slow frustrating start but if they can ever get a good lead then it's over. An up-tempo game is definitely in LA's favor. I would press SC all over the floor and make them play our game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:17 PM) 826389439[/snapback]The thing that worries me the most is that Smith Co. is going to let the air out of the ball and make it a half court game. That's about the only chance they have to win. It could cause the LA girls to get off to a slow frustrating start but if they can ever get a good lead then it's over. An up-tempo game is definitely in LA's favor. I would press SC all over the floor and make them play our game.

I agree with ya old man!!! JK If SC can get the ball up court and not turn the ball over on dumb mistakes, it should be a great game. If they end up doing those things then it may be over at half time. I'm cheering for girls!!! Go Lady Owls!!!

QUOTE(Bee_Fan20 @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826389340[/snapback]Wow!!! Candace Parker Huh??? Well we all know she'll never be that good. That shouldn't even be an argument. As for the best player in the state?? I really doubt that will ever happen either. I mean what is the big hype about her, I just don't understand. And how is she a a miss basketball candidate when she isn't even the best player in her district. Sure she is 6'8 and can score inside over some smaller girls every now and then, but to say she is one of the three best basketball "players" in the state is wrong. She may surprise me if she works hard and gets alot better but right now, no way is she going to UT. We are talking about one of the best teams in the Country, and she can't win a district championship for her team. Maybe the future holds bright for her with a lot of work and dedication to the game on her part but right now I think the hype around her is way too big. Miss Basketball candidates don't miss a ton of free throws and let smaller post (and i mean way smaller post) dominate her come tournament time. Her height may get her a great scholarship somewhere one day, but the playing time will never be there if the quickness and coordination doesn't come together. As far as the game between them and LIvingston??? Give me HOGEYE by 20!!! Get Uses to It..

That is a rude comment. The girl has 3 years to develop. We have no idea what she may do down the road.

QUOTE(jimbo44 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826389451[/snapback]Kaci has little support. Gibbs and Oldham try their best, but everyone else stands around waiting on a pass for a three opportunity.

Too many Petunias on this team.

Well if that's the case then it could be a long night for SC. I hope so anyways. I have never seen the Ferris girl play but have heard that she will be something before she's done. I don't want to bring up a bad topic but why did she leave Jackson Co? I watched Jackson Co. girls play every game in the 7A district tournament and was very impressed by how good they were as they lost 4 starters off last years team. They only have 1 senior and she is a dandy. If JC had Ferris there's not any reason they couldn't play in or win 4 state titles IMO.

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826389473[/snapback]Well if that's the case then it could be a long night for SC. I hope so anyways. I have never seen the Ferris girl play but have heard that she will be something before she's done. I don't want to bring up a bad topic but why did she leave Jackson Co? I watched Jackson Co. girls play every game in the 7A district tournament and was very impressed by how good they were as they lost 4 starters off last years team. They only have 1 senior and she is a dandy. If JC had Ferris there's not any reason they couldn't play in or win 4 state titles IMO.

You just don't want to play her for the next 3 more years!!! LOL SC does have some good players coming up next year and overall are pretty young anyways. So maybe next year or the year after!!! But wait this year isn't over yet!!! Go Owlettes!!!

I watched Kaci Ferris beat Station Camp and was impressed. Granted Station Camp plays basically a five guard lineup with nobody over 5'7", but Ferris was unstoppable. She probably scored 16 points on inbound lobs alone, fouled out three Station Camp defenders, and scored 30 plus points without taking a dribble. She is more than just tall. She made a variety of banks, wing jumpers, and follow ups. She also completely prevented Station Camp from getting to the basket. Take her off the floor and the Lady Bison win by 30. As Ferris' footwork and strength improve she will be an unstoppable force. I think she will have a great chance to go to UT or anywhere else in the country. She will never be the overall athlete Candace Parker is, but she may be able to dominate games like a Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain did in their day. Remember, she is just a freshman. Any program in this state would love to build their team around her. She can be as good as she wants to be.

#1-Kayci has an awesome chance to head to UT. I dont even know why people are trying to say that she doesnt. #2-People are talking about her beinng dominated by smaller post players...obviously this isnt happening or her numbers wouldnt look like they do. Yes she will have bad games, people only forget that she is only 14 or 15 years old! And to compare her to Candace Parker is just foolish. Parker is probably the best player that the women's game has ever seen, period. Anyone who watches the Duke women will see a future version of Kayci in the Bales girl. Kayci may not end up with the overall size, but she has the height now and about the same skill set. People need to get off of her case because i know as well as they do that they would give anything to have her on their team.