Wartburg vs. Grace Christian

CHS_Bulldogs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(killtacular @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826389860[/snapback]I think wartburg wins BIG like 15 plus. I dont think Grace is near as good as anyone thinks ...they have played a cupcake schedule all year long and wartburg has played some tough teams. I think wartburg has the better posts, and guards and they will win big time in this one just like they did against rockwood.

I've seen both grace and wartburg play a couple of times this year. if grace shoots like they are capable of shooting, grace by 7 or 8. This should be a great game with a great atmosphere.

This should be a great game. Everyone is talking about the way wartburgs big men will dominate, well if you think about it, they both have huge advantages b/c grace cant match up inside and wartburg cant match up outside. Pridemore is an excellent PG and will get Bunch in foul trouble if the refs call the hand check. Travis Nelson is also going to be a key b/c he can knock down so huge shots as he did the other night to open the game against Rockwood, but i think he will also gaurd Slusher who will have several inches on him and prob. post up. If that is the case then that will put Winstead on Wanamaker or Lipps. That match-up is a rough one for both teams. Im predicting pridemore comes out of the shadows of slusher tonight and stills the show. He is the X-factor. He will take care of the ball and cause wartburg to get into foul trouble b/c the only person on the floor for wartburg who can gaurd him in my opinion is travis nelson which leaves who on slusher? Grace by 7. Pridemore shines.

QUOTE(tigerfan4ever @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:30 AM) 826391350[/snapback]This should be a great game. Everyone is talking about the way wartburgs big men will dominate, well if you think about it, they both have huge advantages b/c grace cant match up inside and wartburg cant match up outside. Pridemore is an excellent PG and will get Bunch in foul trouble if the refs call the hand check. Travis Nelson is also going to be a key b/c he can knock down so huge shots as he did the other night to open the game against Rockwood, but i think he will also gaurd Slusher who will have several inches on him and prob. post up. If that is the case then that will put Winstead on Wanamaker or Lipps. That match-up is a rough one for both teams. Im predicting pridemore comes out of the shadows of slusher tonight and stills the show. He is the X-factor. He will take care of the ball and cause wartburg to get into foul trouble b/c the only person on the floor for wartburg who can gaurd him in my opinion is travis nelson which leaves who on slusher? Grace by 7. Pridemore shines.

Tigerfan, I like your thinking and hope your right. We've got the players that can get the job done and are very well coached. We haven't seen anyone this season yet that has 3 dominant big men like Wartburg but I believe if we come out and play our game like I know we can that we can get the victory tonite. Pridemore is a very good ball player like you say and can shoot the lights out. He is still playing with a broke finger though and it has hampered him a little. I do believe though that one of our 5 starters is going to take over tonite and shine. I believe Hankins will be that man.

Congratulations to the Bulldogs on an great win tonight!! The dogs got into foul trouble early in the third quarter but that didn't stop them. Grace played a hard faught game and has had a great season. To Grace - Congratulations on a great season.

Wartburg Bulldogs 86 Grace Christian 73

Don't let the score mislead you. This game was close all night long. Wartburg finally pulled away within the last two minutes. Your ALL-STAR for the night is none other than DJ Shannon. Shannon had a great game and scored 46 points (which I believe ties his season/career high) to allow the Bulldogs to advance to play Harriman on Thursday night for the regional championship. Great game by all the Bulldogs!!! Good luck Thursday!!

Wartburg's depth wore Grace down tonight. They just had so many bodies to run at the Rams. Plus Shannon was too much inside and outside.

Grace, however, did have a chance especially with Winstead playing less than 10 minutes with foul trouble. The game was tied with three minutes left.

Grace should be really tough next year. Got to figure most of the guys will get a little bigger and stronger for next year.

QUOTE(gorgo43 @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:00 AM) 826392589[/snapback]great game by both teams. the better team won tonight and that was no doubt Wartburg. Shannon was unstoppable, and the entire bulldogs

team really showed grace whats UP!! especially the 2 handed slam by winstead at the end, WOW is all i gotta say. Good luck to both teams.

It was easy to see what was up from the start of the game! I've heard of a dog and pony show but this was a bulldog and zebra show. I'll give credit to the Wartburg players for being a greatly tallented group of young men who could play with any high school but the zebra factor changed this game. Could Wartburg have won without the zebras? Absolutely, unfortunately they did not need too. Did Shannon play big? Absolutely, the entire Wartburg team played large but the zebras left a bad smell in the Harriman gym that should have not been there. If I am a coach playing Wartburg and see those zebras unload out of the truck, I know my season just ended. What is the shame is that nothing will be done to herd zebras like those up and out. Then Wartburg will find three zebras running the floor who are grazing in another coaches pasture and find their ability and talent won't help them win either. In the Regional game on video Tuesday night, the score was Zebras 1 Tennessee High School Basketball 0!

QUOTE(ramtough68 @ Feb 28 2007 - 05:07 AM) 826392731[/snapback]It was easy to see what was up from the start of the game! I've heard of a dog and pony show but this was a bulldog and zebra show. I'll give credit to the Wartburg players for being a greatly tallented group of young men who could play with any high school but the zebra factor changed this game. Could Wartburg have won without the zebras? Absolutely, unfortunately they did not need too. Did Shannon play big? Absolutely, the entire Wartburg team played large but the zebras left a bad smell in the Harriman gym that should have not been there. If I am a coach playing Wartburg and see those zebras unload out of the truck, I know my season just ended. What is the shame is that nothing will be done to herd zebras like those up and out. Then Wartburg will find three zebras running the floor who are grazing in another coaches pasture and find their ability and talent won't help them win either. In the Regional game on video Tuesday night, the score was Zebras 1 Tennessee High School Basketball 0!

Not sure if I can agree with you ramtough. Yes, there was some questionable calls, but it went both ways. Yes, Wartburg did have a lot of handchecking but speaking as an official myself, I am not gonna call those especially since it didn't effect anything. I think it was a pretty good called game and actually we can't complain because the foul count was in our favor.

Congrats to the Wartburg Bulldogs. You have a very good team and I have to say that D.J. Shannon.......Man, you're the real deal. Probably the best post player I have seen in many, many years. You can shoot from 35 feet as well as 2 feet from the basket with 2 hands in your face. Good luck in the region and state.

As for our very own Grace Christian Academy Rams. We are very proud of you and what you have accomplished this season. A record of 30-3 with just sophomores and juniors. Obviously the best is yet to come with everyone returning next year. Keep your heads up because you have nothing to be ashamed of. You played hard last night and left it all on the floor. Thanks to the cheerleaders, the fans ( and especially the Ram Rowdies) who supported the Rams throughout the season. Most of all, thank you to the best coaches a team could have for the awesome season that we just had. Not bad at all for a third year basketball program and a district champion banner to go with it.

GRACE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY.................Building Champions For Christ

www.graceramsbasketball.com