Wartburg vs. Grace Christian

CHS_Bulldogs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:32 AM) 826392800[/snapback]Not sure if I can agree with you ramtough. Yes, there was some questionable calls, but it went both ways. Yes, Wartburg did have a lot of handchecking but speaking as an official myself, I am not gonna call those especially since it didn't effect anything. I think it was a pretty good called game and actually we can't complain because the foul count was in our favor.

Congrats to the Warturg Bulldogs. You have a very good team and I have to say that D.J. Shannon.......Man, you're the real deal. Probably the best post player I have seen in many, many years. You can shoot from 35 feet as well as 2 feet from the basket with 2 hands in your face. Good luck in the region and state.

As for our very own Grace Christian Academy Rams. We are very proud of you and what you have accomplished this season. A record of 30-3 with just sophomores and juniors. Obviously the best is yet to come with everyone returning next year. Keep your heads up because you have nothing to be ashamed of. You played hard last night and left it all on the floor. Thanks to the cheerleaders, the fans ( and especially the Ram Rowdies) who supported the Rams throughout the season. Most of all, thank you to the best coaches a team could have for the awesome season that we just had. Not bad at all for a third year basketball program and a district champion banner to go with it.

GRACE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY.................Building Champions For Christ

Well said Ram Fan!!!

Grace is a very young program that just had one AWESOME season. The future looks very bright.

Well...... good year grace. all i can say is it was harder than you guys thought it was goin to be wasnt it? 30-3 good record but play some teams other than a church city school schedule. i mean play some teams like pigeon forge, unaka, and alcoa who are teams we've played for years. your record might not not be 30-3 but it will help you in the long run. one more thing learn to act like you've been there( even if you haven't). it was ridiculous the way SOME of you guys acted after the district championship. over all good year, and good luck in the future.

Ramtough...

Let's give credit where credit is due and not try to place blame on the officials. The foul count was lopsided in Grace's favor the entire night with Grace being in bonus by the end of the first and third quarters. In fact, in the second half, Grace had only two team fouls compared to Wartburg's 7 or 8. I just can't agree that the "zebras" cost you the game. It was hard faught and again I congratulate Grace for a great season. We'll be looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Grace probably benefited the most from the officiating because Winstead sit most of the night. Heck Wartburg had eight fouls in the second half when Grace got their second.

In a game of that pace you can always find a few calls that could have been made or maybe some that they could've let go, but I thought the officiating was good and has been good for the entire postseason.

QUOTE(goosevol @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:41 PM) 826393231[/snapback]Grace probably benefited the most from the officiating because Winstead sit most of the night. Heck Wartburg had eight fouls in the second half when Grace got their second.

In a game of that pace you can always find a few calls that could have been made or maybe some that they could've let go, but I thought the officiating was good and has been good for the entire postseason.

I agree goosevol. I believe the officiating has been pretty good throughout the postseason play at Harriman, (district & region). Wartburg was simply the better team Tuesday night. Hopefully we can get a rematch with them next season. I believe Wartburg is losing about 7 seniors and Grace Christian is returning everyone. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think if Wartburg plays (especially D.J.) anything like they played last night the rest of the post season that they could bring home the gold ball. I just don't see anyone stopping them. Especially since the ALMIGHTY Union City and Lake County has been put out. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> .......Look out West TN. Here comes the East.

Good luck to Wartburg and Harriman; make the East proud.

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Feb 28 2007 - 02:56 PM) 826393376[/snapback]I agree goosevol. I believe the officiating has been pretty good throughout the postseason play at Harriman, (district & region). Wartburg was simply the better team Tuesday night. Hopefully we can get a rematch with them next season. I believe Wartburg is losing about 7 seniors and Grace Christian is returning everyone. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think if Wartburg plays (especially D.J.) anything like they played last night the rest of the post season that they could bring home the gold ball. I just don't see anyone stopping them. Especially since the ALMIGHTY Union City and Lake County has been put out. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> .......Look out West TN. Here comes the East.

Good luck to Wartburg and Harriman; make the East proud.

Ram Fan,

Thank you for your support. I would love to see a rematch next year as well but don't count Wartburg out just because they are losing a handful of excellent seniors. Wartburg has talent that will definately be stepping up their game in the absense of this years seniors. Bunch is a talented point guard as well as Josh Kidd. They both are proficient shooters from beyond the arc. Don't forget Langley who was out this year due to injury. Griffith has been watching Winstead and learning well stepping up his game even in the postseason this year. You never know...it might be a growing year next year...but don't count Wartburg out for 2008!

QUOTE(cosbybasketball30 @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826392855[/snapback]Well...... good year grace. all i can say is it was harder than you guys thought it was goin to be wasnt it? 30-3 good record but play some teams other than a church city school schedule. i mean play some teams like pigeon forge, unaka, and alcoa who are teams we've played for years. your record might not not be 30-3 but it will help you in the long run. one more thing learn to act like you've been there( even if you haven't). it was ridiculous the way SOME of you guys acted after the district championship. over all good year, and good luck in the future.

Grace beat Union County at Union County on their court the week before they beat Pigeon Forge! Grace defeated CAK, and many of the same teams Cosby plays year after year. I went over and watched Cosby play KCS at KCS. Is that the "Church League" you were speaking of. Last years Cosby team was as good a high school team as I have ever watched play. Cosby has a name for having really good basketball teams year after year, Grace has a total of three years to draw from, I'm pretty proud of what Grace and Cosby both have been able to do with their programs. Evidently Cosby must have started with a sound foundation to build on, thats what the coaching staff at Grace is trying to do.

well i dunno where the cosby guy is gettin the tougher schedule thing when grace went further then they did maybe u should schedule even harder teams next yr. but another thing is i did see alot of walks called on the grace team tonight ,bad calls arent just about fouls but the walks and double dribbles , etc.. and those where at some big times in the game, overall i dont think it cost them the game they just couldnt get ahead of wartburg tonight, but great season and good luck next year you guys have some talent!

What killed Grace more than anything was Wartburg embarrassing them on the boards and D.J. Shannon going through Grace like General Sherman went through Georgia. (Two points to anyone who gets the reference.) You can't let a kid score 46 points and expect to win. I'll give Grace credit, they really overachieved this year and they have a good foundation for what could be a very solid program in the years to come.