CPA vs. Giles Co.

ThePenguin

I'm taking GC by 3-7 points. From what I saw in the score, Spring Hill was able to keep it close, so that doesn't bold well for CPA against GC. GC blew out SH in both meetings this year, but we'll just have to wait 'til Tuesday to find out who wins this one. It should be a VERY exciting game and I wish good luck to both teams!!!

GO CATS!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cardinals_09 @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826388772[/snapback]I'm taking GC by 3-7 points. From what I saw in the score, Spring Hill was able to keep it close, so that doesn't bold well for CPA against GC. GC blew out SH in both meetings this year, but we'll just have to wait 'til Tuesday to find out who wins this one. It should be a VERY exciting game and I wish good luck to both teams!!!

GO CATS!!!

The score of the CPA Spring Hill game is very misleading!!! Spring Hill was NEVER in the game!! The whole first half CPA shot awful and still got up to an 18 point lead!! It was like a dunk contest for "Z"!!! In the second half the only reason it got close was because the refs wanted it to.....at one point they called a technical because a CPA elementary student accidentally popped a balloon when SH had the ball!!

QUOTE(sportfreak @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826388296[/snapback]What??? Giles County DID beat DL. By the way, was Slater's injury something he's dealt with all year or has he had multiple injuries? Tough senior year for him. Good luck at Lipscomb U.

what i meant to say was they couldn't or didn't beat them decisively.

QUOTE(ThePenguin @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826388797[/snapback]at one point they called a technical because a CPA elementary student accidentally popped a balloon when SH had the ball!!

I heard CPA got the technical because they asked to sub a player...I think the kid popping the balloon resulted in a warning and the T came a few mins. after that.

QUOTE(nowtro @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:31 PM) 826389312[/snapback]I heard CPA got the technical because they asked to sub a player...I think the kid popping the balloon resulted in a warning and the T came a few mins. after that.

They actually got a double technical, which is why they got 4 free throws, they gave a technical for asking to sub a player and the balloon going off.

I'll take giles county in this one it will be close no dout but giles county if a very tough team to beat but they have struggled from the free throw line this year which could cost them in this close game but if they go out and make big plays like they did saturday night and the senior tryce nelson comes to play they should take home the W..

QUOTE(ThePenguin @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:47 PM) 826389365[/snapback]They actually got a double technical, which is why they got 4 free throws, they gave a technical for asking to sub a player and the balloon going off.

i run the clock for cpa. It was a t on cpa's coach. it was called on a foul so 2 shots for the foul and 2 shots for the t ball out to SH. Balloon pop resulted in a new shot for SH player who was shooting the second of two free throws, earlier in the 3rd period. He made the "third" shot. There wasn't a t for the balloon pop.

No doubt, Giles County is a very good team so I suspect that this will be a close game. Bottom line...if CPA takes care of the ball they will be tough to beat. CPA is a tough match up because it's just hard to predict who's "feeling it" plus they play very consistant defense. "Z" is a force but let's not forget that CPA has the #1 three point shooter in the state and two other players who are also dropping 3s on a regular basis. They've played all season with three players in double figures.

If GC plays D like they did against DL then gc takes this one easily dl could not get a shot off saturday night everything was contested and if they can do that come tomorrow night they will move on.. cpa does not look like they have alot of offence just lookin at how many points they have scored in games this season against good teams there offence just dont look as hott as most ppl are saying..

QUOTE(baseball8910 @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:18 PM) 826390535[/snapback]If GC plays D like they did against DL then gc takes this one easily dl could not get a shot off saturday night everything was contested and if they can do that come tomorrow night they will move on.. cpa does not look like they have alot of offence just lookin at how many points they have scored in games this season against good teams there offence just dont look as hott as most ppl are saying..

You may be right about GC defensively. We'll just have to wait and see. One thing I do know is that CPA has hit for well over 200 threes on the season. If that's not a threat I don't know what is. Of course it's hard to stake it all from the three point line. CPA will have to go inside some to get it done. Z will have to play tough after he gets the ball.

After watching the DL vs. GC film this morning it is very evident that CPA CAN win tonight! Slater was in a funk the whole game and DL couldnt hit anything from beyond the arc or at the free throw line....not to say that GC didnt beat them....but they are very capable of being beaten! ITs going to be a great game tonight....and GC better bring some people cause if not its going to be all purple and gold!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />