Franklin/McGavock

Jim Harrick

I have watched Mcgavock play three time this year. This will definitly be a challange for the REBELS. However if we force Woods to put the ball on the floor and do the same with Killcrease we will be ok. Killcrease is very athletic so we will need to make sure we have good help side when defending him. I look for the Rebels to win this one by 10+.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FranklinHSfan @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:18 PM) 826389287[/snapback]After Kilcrease & Woods, it looks like Bell & Dixon have been the most consistent in stepping up against "quality competition" for McGavock. I addition to limitting Kilcrease or Woods from having a big game. we need one or two of our "outside guns" to step up. Glass seems to have shown a lot of Senior leadership in recent games. If one or both of our "young guns" gets hot to go along with Batt & the Sr. Glover, I believe that FHS could win by 5-10 or more. Lately the key to FHS success has been Batt. If Batt gets in early foul trouble (Johnson always sits a player in the 1st half if he gets 2 fouls) then it could be a long night for FHS.

GO REBELS!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Most coaches do sit players when they get 2 fouls in the fisrt half, not just Jay Johnson.

This is tough match up for the Rebels. Both teams have a good perimeter game and hit 3's, both can take it inside, and both have good guard play.

What leans me towards the Raiders is their season long tilts in 12AAA opposed to Frankins domination of 11AAA due to lack of depth in 11AAA. (don't mean that as a slam on Franklins 39 game streak in 11AAA - thats still impressive - just the talent level drops off compared to 12AAA)

Both games tommorow night should be great matchups. I see Whites Creek in the one semi, and OT in the FHS - MHS game.

QUOTE(faninthestand @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:55 PM) 826390376[/snapback]This is tough match up for the Rebels. Both teams have a good perimeter game and hit 3's, both can take it inside, and both have good guard play.

What leans me towards the Raiders is their season long tilts in 12AAA opposed to Frankins domination of 11AAA due to lack of depth in 11AAA. (don't mean that as a slam on Franklins 39 game streak in 11AAA - thats still impressive - just the talent level drops off compared to 12AAA)

Both games tommorow night should be great matchups. I see Whites Creek in the one semi, and OT in the FHS - MHS game.

Did we ever establish what happened to McAdoo at the end of that game?

Great Game! It was the kind of game you hate to see either team lose. Batt and Young were huge tonight. Mcgavock lead most of the game but Franklin just keep battling back. In the forth Franklin went up 7 and I thougth it was over but Mcgavock fought back. Rebels face a very talnedted WC team tomorrow. We will have a very tuff time with Grahm and Harper. Good Luck REBES.

Remeber in district 11aaa REBELS RULE

CHS INDY BRENTWOOD enjoy the rest of tournament get those tickets early it will probably sell out. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

What an incredible game...It's so hard to believe that in this supposed "down year," Franklin's boys are going farther than any Jay Johnson team has gone.

Derek Batt was just huge. Reed Glover stepped up.

The Rebels won this game without hitting a single three-pointer...that's unheard of.

What a win for the Rebels...the only disconcerting thing was the way that they handled the clock with about 3 minutes to go in regulation...instead of slowing the game down, they forced the tempo and McGavock capitalized.

If #10 for McGavock doesn't take that transition three after they break the press with 30 seconds to go, we might be talking about what a great effort the Raiders had tonight.

Congratulations to the Rebels...make district 11 proud Thursday night.

FHS was up by 5 points going into the 4th quarter. At one point, I believe they had a 7-10 pt. lead. But FHS went the "entire game" without making a 3 pt. shot & Mcgavock fought back & took the lead in the last minute. Derek Batt goes to the foul line with 3.2 seconds left, shooting 2. He misses the first one!!! FHS calls a time out and puts both guards just outside the arc for Batt's intentional miss of the second free throw. Reed Glove (the sophomore- NOT his brother Ryan - as reported in the Tennessean) catches the rebound in mid-air and puts it back in with 1.2 seconds left to send the game into OT. FHS jumps out by 3 or 5 in OT and then makes their free throws down the stretch to win 78 to 75.

Reed Glover & Michael Young (both Sophomores) combined for 30 points. Batt led all scorers with 23!! If you would have told me before the game that FHS would win this or any other Region Tournament game without making a three, I would have said that you were crazy.

I watched the 1st half of WC vs Antioch. Game was tied 26 to 26 @ the half. Sooth sayers have said all year long that W Creek is unbeatable by the likes of FHS. After their 2 point win tonight, I would say that they are certainly beatable. But regardless, we are goin to the Sub-State to play Mt. Juliet or Clarksville. We lost by 3 to Clarksville in the first scrimmage / Hall of Fame game of the year. We lost to Mt. J by 2 in a game that we should not have lost. IMHO, we were out coached in that loss.

So, I really like the chances for FHS to make it back to THE BORO for the first time since 1989!!

GO REBELS!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(FranklinHSfan @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826392591[/snapback]FHS was up by 5 points going into the 4th quarter. At one point, I believe they had a 7-10 pt. lead. But FHS went the "entire game" without making a 3 pt. shot & Mcgavock fought back & took the lead in the last minute. Derek Batt goes to the foul line with 3.2 seconds left, shooting 2. He misses the first one!!! FHS calls a time out and puts both guards just outside the arc for Batt's intentional miss of the second free throw. Reed Glove (the sophomore- NOT his brother Ryan - as reported in the Tennessean) catches the rebound in mid-air and puts it back in with 1.2 seconds left to send the game into OT. FHS jumps out by 3 or 5 in OT and then makes their free throws down the stretch to win 78 to 75.

Reed Glover & Michael Young (both Sophomores) combined for 30 points. Batt led all scorers with 23!! If you would have told me before the game that FHS would win this or any other Region Tournament game without making a three, I would have said that you were crazy.

I watched the 1st half of WC vs Antioch. Game was tied 26 to 26 @ the half. Sooth sayers have said all year long that W Creek is unbeatable by the likes of FHS. After their 2 point win tonight, I would say that they are certainly beatable. But regardless, we are goin to the Sub-State to play Mt. Juliet or Clarksville. We lost by 3 to Clarksville in the first scrimmage / Hall of Fame game of the year. We lost to Mt. J by 2 in a game that we should not have lost. IMHO, we were out coached in that loss.

So, I really like the chances for FHS to make it back to THE BORO for the first time since 1989!!

GO REBELS!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I do believe Franklin was down by 5 heading into the 4th...that defensive stand and comeback was unbelievable and energized the entire gym...from that point on, the atmosphere was phenomenal.

I do believe Coach Johnson recalls the last time the Rebels went to state. I believe he has some jewelry commemorating the event, no?

And let me just say...Derek Batt is the BEST post in 11-AAA. Sorry Kelly lovers, but D-Batt got the shaft when it came to the MVP voting.