Best fields?

bob367

QUOTE(catsbackr @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:56 PM) 826389080[/snapback]In the Chattanooga area (south of the TN river), playing surfaces only:

1) Hixson

2) Lookout Valley

3) Walker Valley

4) Ooltewah

5) McCallie

6) Red Bank

7) Baylor

8) Soddy Daisy

9) Cleveland

10) Central

Hixsons field is not the number one in the area. they might not even be in the top 10. their dirt is too soft and the out field is way to junky. and redbank just needs to fix the outfield but i also think they are too high on the top list. lookout valley has a very good surface infield and outfield but the field is very short which takes away from it being the BEST.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bubbalv2 @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826401975[/snapback]Hixsons field is not the number one in the area. they might not even be in the top 10. their dirt is too soft and the out field is way to junky. and redbank just needs to fix the outfield but i also think they are too high on the top list. lookout valley has a very good surface infield and outfield but the field is very short which takes away from it being the BEST.

ha are you feeling ok? because is that how hixson won field of the yr not to long ago? yah get tha facts straight and lookout valley? way to small

QUOTE(Rook2 @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:02 PM) 826393386[/snapback]i think Anderson Countys field needs to be mentioned on this subject. I know from experience that the team puts extreme amounts of time on that field. And coach guinn and the boosters puts tons of money on this field. It is a great place to play ball.

Anderson County has a nice field, but it does not drain very well after rains.

Guest wtfman218

QUOTE(NikeDawg300 @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826402083[/snapback]ha are you feeling ok? because is that how hixson won field of the yr not to long ago? yah get tha facts straight and lookout valley? way to small

we just played over at hixson and the field isnt in that great of conditions. so whether or not they won field of the year a couple of years ago they will not win it this year. it is still a nice field just could use some work on the dirt.

QUOTE(Bubbalv2 @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826401975[/snapback]Hixsons field is not the number one in the area. they might not even be in the top 10. their dirt is too soft and the out field is way to junky. and redbank just needs to fix the outfield but i also think they are too high on the top list. lookout valley has a very good surface infield and outfield but the field is very short which takes away from it being the BEST.

So, what field in the Chattanooga area is your number one?

All you've done is run down the fields I've listed but failed to list yours. Step up to the plate, Junior!

we just played over at hixson and the field isnt in that great of conditions. so whether or not they won field of the year a couple of years ago they will not win it this year. it is still a nice field just could use some work on the dirt.

Uhh, winning Field of the Year means that it was judged the best field of any AA field in the State.

Come on guys, what are your top fields? Show some guts, post a list and let everyone take shots at your list. Sack up!

So, what field in the Chattanooga area is your number one?

Lookout Valley is number 1 on my list just because of the playing surface, the environment, the conditioning of the infield, and the fact that the outfield is easy to play on because you don't have to worry about a crazy hop.

Oh, and I know that field is a little short, but theres only been five homeruns out of it this year.

By the way, here's my top ten

1. Lookout Valley

2. Ooltewah

3. McCallie

4. Baylor

5. Soddy Daisy

6. Hixson

7. Boyd-Buchanan

8. Cleveland

9. Red Bank

10. Central

I respect the fact that Hixson wond AA field of the year, but that doesnt change the fact that thier dirt is way too soft, and thier dugouts are positioned badly and too closed in.

upper east tn fields

1. Farragut

2. Bearden

3. Bill Meyer/Helton Ridley

4. Dobyns Bennet

5. Science Hill*

6. Maryville @ the college

7. Oak Ridge

8. Heritage

9. William Blount**

10. Campbell Co.**

*-Would be #1, but it isn't really their field, so they do no work on it

**-way too far to drive for anyone

QUOTE(frankenvol @ Mar 7 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826403401[/snapback]upper east tn fields

1. Farragut

2. Bearden

3. Bill Meyer/Helton Ridley

4. Dobyns Bennet

5. Science Hill*

6. Maryville @ the college

7. Oak Ridge

8. Heritage

9. William Blount**

10. Campbell Co.**

*-Would be #1, but it isn't really their field, so they do no work on it

**-way too far to drive for anyone

I would definately include Webb and Catholic to that list

QUOTE(Rook2 @ Feb 28 2007 - 02:02 PM) 826393386[/snapback]i think Anderson Countys field needs to be mentioned on this subject. I know from experience that the team puts extreme amounts of time on that field. And coach guinn and the boosters puts tons of money on this field. It is a great place to play ball.

I just played at A/C and there field is looking good this year. probly the only problem with there field is the drop of from infield to outfield, and it gets worse as u go towards right field.