Region 2AAA Semifinals

Know Nothing

QUOTE(MLREB @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826394155[/snapback]

Basile is doing fine. Not sure what his average is but I would guess 15 to 18 per game. Kent plays the game hard....maybe too hard sometimes but is one of those players that quietly scores points. He can do a bit of everything...rebound....shoot...handle the ball, and when he stays under control he is a nice ball player.

Maples brings a lot of athleticism to the floor just like football and can put up some big numbers from time to time. Attacks the basket well and shoots the three well. Obviously he is more adept to football but is a quality basketball player as well.

It should be interesting. That is an outstanding brand of basketball in NE Tennessee with JC Science Hill and Greenville virtually every year competing in Murfreesboro.

Tell what we can expect from the upper ET reps....

Thanks for the followup. Basile has all the skills to make it at the next level and the complete game. He is also the best baseball player prospect I have seen in a long time next to Bowlin and Crouch from Jeff County in the past years. He has the unique combination of speed, great fielder and power.

Looking forward to Maples playing for UT next year from what I hear he may start? special teams and then receiver in the future?

If you guys lose today I will see you in JC or Kingsport. Good luck against Powell and from what I hear you will need alot of it Sounds like you squeked by Bearden?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(etcoach @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826394649[/snapback]Yesterday was the 1st time I had looked at this board since football because sometimes I do take things a bit personally. Probably because I do not know you personally. I will expect the arm around my shoulder at about 6:45 tonight.

etcoach, when MLREB hugs up to you, just make sure that you keep Squatty from springing into some 15 minute story about his basketball exploits. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Powell was just way too much for anyone in this tournament to handle. I don't like to get on here and be cocky, but looking at the scores the panthers were never challenged. Maryville hung tough for about two and a half quarters. Tyler Howell played his tail off hitting one three from Mark's Time out Deli somewhere on Sutherland....i mean it was easily NBA range. Hargis played extremely well coming out of the half and really everyone did their part. Seymore hit some big shots, D. Hanson played well defensively and really played within himself on O. Connor was a handful again knocking down some big shots and rebounding at key moments. Gordon and A. Hanson both played well off the bench, a really solid team win for Coach O and the panthers.

I was really unimpressed with Maryville. They missed just about every open look they had. The two football guys who were touted as the saviors of the basketball program before they got there did not play well at all. Maples had one good drive and i think hit one jumper but didn't do much else. Douglas had a couple impressive blocks early and put up some points but also had a couple of "bunnies" that he drew only backboard on and was about 3-8 from the free throw line or something like that. I think more then likely this was just an off night for Maryville, but i get the feeling they are going to have to play a lot better to get to the boro. As for Powell, as long they continue to shoot the ball as well as they did in this tournament we're going to tough to beat. DB will probably be more athletic then Powell, but i think it'll be a good game especially with it being in Jeff Hunter gym. Good luck to the rebs and the panthers going on to substate.