Region 2AAA Semifinals

Know Nothing

QUOTE(CNFn @ Feb 26 2007 - 01:03 PM) 826390080[/snapback]I agree Bearden wins this one easily. Maryville won't come close this time. Blevins will figure a way out to beat the twin towers and their zone. Their guards don't and won't matter against the more athletic Bearden (Jenkins and Campbell). Look for (Simpson and Jenkins) to show the boys from Maryville how to play BBall and not FBall on the hard court!

Karns will also win easily over the inconsistent Powell. Karns knocked the best team off so why not go all the way...........they will unless Bearden does. Either way they may not like what they have to face next in Greeneville /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Look for Bearden and Karns and Karns to win in the championship game

Agree with Bearden but not Karns. Conners will show why he is the high scorer in the region and they will beat Karns easily. Carson Newman needs to take a good look at Conners to join Cameron . Florida whilc in town needs to take a look at Simpson and Jenkins for their future. Maryville won't beat Bearden again and besides they won't have Humphries or Tipton suiting up.

I'm sure that Carson Newman would love Conner, but I am hearing through the grapevine that he might go to UT-Chattanooga.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advise for the trash talking Farragut fans who accused a WB player of purposely trying to take Kinney out.

Now you want to keep it about basketball?

MLREB is right. That kid is dirty. He should have been thrown out of the game after that play. There is no place for that on the basketball court. But William Blount's coach doesn't teach basketball. I mean that was a dirtier play than something that Clinton would do. That's saying something.

Oh BosemanWBFan, you are such a riot.

Right Powell and Conners will make mincemeat of Maryville. I hear Bearden had Maryville by 15 at the half

and then fell apart. Powell won't fall apart. I hear they destroyed Karns who I think is much better than Maryville. Looks like Maryville will be traveling up North so get your bags packed boys. Your not as good as some people think you are /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And wait til you face one of the big boys DB or SH. It won't be pretty and this aint football.

[quote name='BosemanWBFan' date='Feb 27 2007 - 10:51 PM' post='826392451'

BosemanWBFan, I am glad that you realize we are not discussing football. Chip on your shoulder regarding football however, for some reason? I think I know what that chip is as do all the other Rebels. Anyway, I get a kick out of reading your posts. You're very transparent.

QUOTE(CNFn @ Feb 26 2007 - 01:03 PM) 826390080[/snapback]I agree Bearden wins this one easily. Maryville won't come close this time. Blevins will figure a way out to beat the twin towers and their zone. Their guards don't and won't matter against the more athletic Bearden (Jenkins and Campbell). Look for (Simpson and Jenkins) to show the boys from Maryville how to play BBall and not FBall on the hard court!

Karns will also win easily over the inconsistent Powell. Karns knocked the best team off so why not go all the way...........they will unless Bearden does. Either way they may not like what they have to face next in Greeneville /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Agree with Bearden but not Karns. Conners will show why he is the high scorer in the region and they will beat Karns easily. Carson Newman needs to take a good look at Conners to join Cameron . Florida whilc in town needs to take a look at Simpson and Jenkins for their future. Maryville won't beat Bearden again and besides they won't have Humphries or Tipton suiting up.

Congrats to Powell and Maryville for making it to substate!! It is a great acheivement that those boys will remember their whole life. Congrats also to Karns and Bearden for fine seasons, especially Karns who probably over-achieved this year by using teamwork and superior effort. I will miss watching Booher and Roth!!

Powell was awesome in the third quarter tonight. Karns only scored two points in the period. That was the difference in the game. Conner was great, going 5 for 6 from three-point land. I heard a Karns coach say that Hargis had triple double. He was very tough.

I left at half-time of the second game and was surprised to hear that Maryville came back and won. It looked like Bearden was in control. Maryville is a dangerous team. They are big, fast and athletic. The Championship game should be a real doozie!!

QUOTE(MLREB @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826392467[/snapback]

It looked like football the way Maryville dismantled WB this year. You keep picking the other team Boseman.....maybe...just maybe you will get one right. BTW...you are not too bright... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> but then again you are a WB grad.

What are u trying to say MR. HUNT???

QUOTE(MLREB @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:14 PM) 826390875[/snapback]I agree Bearden wins this one easily. Maryville won't come close this time. Blevins will figure a way out to beat the twin towers and their zone. Their guards don't and won't matter against the more athletic Bearden (Jenkins and Campbell). Look for (Simpson and Jenkins) to show the boys from Maryville how to play BBall and not FBall on the hard court!

Boseman.....you WB fans are pathetic. Maryville won't come close /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...hilarious. I can tell you a team that won't come close though.....that would be William Blount. Enjoy watching from the bleachers. The envy of WB fans is comical.

I'm a WB fan and Grad. I have known all year, that this year and next are Maryville best chances to make it to the Burro in bball. (u need to quit putting all WB fans in that category).

And by the way, Mark has forgotten more about bball then u will ever know and thats another reason y they are winning. Dont question him.

Maryville will pound the ball inside to A.Doug and this will create open shots for the perimeter players, J.D. and Wesley just need to knock a few down and Maryville should have no problems.Basile will need to keep up his hot shooting also if things arent going good.

But if the shots arent dropping and Conner and Hargis get on track Powell will keep it close. Very well coached team .

MHS 68

Powell 61

To attack Mr. David Baumann is unnecessary. He is one of the best coaches in the area not only on the floor but off the floor as well. He is also one of your guys biggest fans (except when he is playing you guys of course). Him and coach Eldridge speak on a regular basis, and he would never excuse anything that was trying to hurt another player. I saw the play you are talking about. If Houser wanted to undercut Maples, he would have. If I recall, Maples went in for a lay-up, and not only did Maples not fall to the ground, there was no foul called. An undercut would generally warrant a foul if I am not mistaken. I, as well as many others (not Boseman of course), am very excited for the Maryville players and coaches after their big win last night. They made some key free throws down the stretch and coach E showed guts when he went back 2-3 zone late after it had burned him early. I LIKE GUTSY CALLS FROM A COACH. If Bearden makes a couple more 3's late, everyone blames him for going back zone. He made the "against the grain" coaching move the last 2 minutes and it was great. Also, how about the smarts of E getting the T called on Jenkins for leaving the floor early. That was all him. The ref would not have called that had he not pointed that out and mentioned the rule. Good luck to the Rebels Thursday. The "mature" WB faithful will be pulling for the Rebels. They deserve some basketball glory. MLREB..lighten up and lay off the Gov Crew. You spend too much time listening to and reacting to teenage talk.

Mr. MLREB, I am very disappointed that you would make a statement about WB Grads. I would expect that from a kid, but not from you. I am a WB grad (valedictorian I might add ACT-29) who went to Maryville College and have done very well for my family. Those type of comments are really unnecessary. I expect a formal apology at the game Thursday Night. You will find me wearing a bright Rebels Red Polo!!

Congrats to both Maryville and Powell. Both teams played extremely hard and Powell just shot the lights out again for the second straight game.Maryville showed a lot of guts and stole one from bearden.congrats also to bearden and karns on their great seasons.karns was a really fun team to watch this year.they played extremely well together and enjoyed playing basketball.ill miss watching that senior class next year that featured Roth and Booher.

I agree Powell and Maryville should be a heck of a game.In the end i think Maryville is took big,physical, and athletic for Powell.Maryville is just a tough matchup for anyone around because of there size and athletic ability.Maryville by 10+ in the championship.Good luck to both teams in the sub-state against either Science Hill or DB!!!

QUOTE(MLREB @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:23 PM) 826394062[/snapback] And by the way, Mark has forgotten more about bball then u will ever know and thats another reason y they are winning. Dont question him.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Not sure where I "questioned" him unless you consider my comments that I thought he should of pulled out of that zone a little quicker. Like I said earlier...as a fan I reserve the right to give my opinion regardless if anybody agrees. You don't have to agree with it and that's OK. I love the chess match in basketball and that is why it was and still is my favorite game to participate in.

As for coach forgetting more than I know...not only is that possible it's likely.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hey Reb How is Basile doing? Have not heard alot about him but he was a dominant player as a soph in the IMAC. Kind of a cross between a Lofton and Bradshaw type player. Also is Maples as good on the hard court as he is on the football field (phenom)? Not sure you guys will match up that well with the big boys from DB and SH but it should be interesting. Greeneville should have made it . What a freaky thing that was to lose to DB. Good luck and sounds like coaching will make the big difference from here on out.