greatest high school player ever?

Guest jwolf

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok bluesoccer y r u giving catholic a hard time. i mean who r u to talk. u were elimanated in the tournament. u used a Disney comeback aginst me. on top of all that u had to have one of your buddies set u up for a over used joke now a days about catholics. that is just sad.

I would definitely say that Matt Herbstritt is the best soccer player in TN history. He has led the team in scoring the past two seasons and last night broke the school record for goals in a season. He plays on the #1 team in the nation and always steps up in the big games. Herby will have a few more things to say down in the nooga to add to his maturing legacy.

I agree matt is a great high school player but not the best in TN history. Dont forget about the several guys that have gone pro that played in Memphis. Also his scoring record is great but older bearden teams didnt play a weak heritage twice in a season to get easy goals against. He's great but not the best.,

Guest cattledontcare

A coach and his player. Ross Pauly from Houston was pretty darn good also. Plus I've heard his coach Mike Irby was pretty darn good also. Someone fill me in on 2 things: where did Pauly go to college and where did Irby go to high school and college?

i played under irby!!! he is one heck of a guy!!! he can be real rude or real cool!! anyways on the question! he played at clarksville high school...scored like 50 some odd goals...all everything you can possible be! he went to western kentucky university!! where from what i hear did awesome there too! he was a tremendous player from what coach donahue says!!! which coached him forever!!! well, there you go!!! i played against russ and that dude was amazing too!!! one more thing i heard of irby was....during one of his matches he took a shot from 20 out and hit it so hard he knocked the keeper with the ball back in the goal....now that has to be some strength behing the ball!!!! irby has my vote!!!!

If you saw yesterday's game between Bearden and Cordova you would agree with me that Matt Herbstritt is the best player ever. He had one goal, two assists, and many other chances that wouldn't fall through. On one play he had the ball on the end-line, then faked inside took it around the defender, and lofted it over the goalie's head where Derick Radcliffe was there to put it in. On the next goal he juked one defender, pulled the ball through three more, and then shot. The deflected shot was picked up by Victor Upshaw for the goal. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, Matt Herbstritt is the greatest high school player ever.