Oakland vs. Shelbyville: Region 4AAA semi final

basketballfan2003

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Feb 26 2007 - 06:20 PM) 826390450[/snapback]What makes you think Shelbyville is quicker than Oakland ?? And as far as 8aaa goes Warren County probably would have made the regions if they were in that district (3-1 against 8aaa). I think you have got it backwards, Shelbyville will be guarded like they never seen before. Oakland aint't going out this early !!! Look for a very energized Oakland team tommorrow night, I say Oakland by 18.

I agree totally with this post don't you "jmr2x" !! Oh wait a minute that was me !!! I hate being right all the time !!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OakIand @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826392485[/snapback]I will so start that petition no matter where I am when he retires which will hopefully not be for many years. The eagles didn't soar tonight baby! C'mon Oakland you are almost to the Glass House.

don't have to wait for him to retire!!! The baseball field is named after coach hawks!!

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:35 PM) 826389330[/snapback]I've said it a couple times....the eagles don't soar in da O-zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pats win by double digits!!!! watch out for D-Maup!!!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I do believe i called this one!!!!!

oakland played really well tonight they responded great in the third quarter when the game got within six (30-24) pouring on 14 unanswered points to give them breathing room. really glad to see my boy dre have a breakout game he was on the money tonight.

i think oakland will beat white co. pretty good again thursday not sure i will be attending that game though (these tourneys are taking a hit on my wallet). congradulations to both for making it to the substate, even though every one wanted to see the riverdale/oakland rematch. of course im cheering for oakland here on out its only right and i want the title in murfreesboro...and lets hope my lady warriors can capture the title also /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:59 PM) 826392584[/snapback]I do believe i called this one!!!!!

Are we talking baseball now? I'm confused. Everyone knows Oakland has a great team....with a-lot of seniors. I hope they do well the rest of the way. Shelbyville was stacked with them last year and did well..good luck Oakland seniors....as far as the rest of 7-aaa goes...don't talk too much. We all know Shelbyville had one senior this year and possibly one of the best freshmen in the state...which by the way scorched everyone that guarded him from that region as a FROSH. 7-AAA is the better district and no one doubts that... but I can't wait to see what Shelbyville does within the next two to three years. Kevin Thomas has done an amazing job. I'll promise you that no one competes with them the next two yrs. And as far as White Co. is concerned, i'm just glad you all are at least 500 in your district again. I remember Gribble, Jolly, and the rest of the crew. Good luck to 7-aaa in the sectionals.

QUOTE(eagle23 @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826392657[/snapback]Are we talking baseball now? I'm confused. Everyone knows Oakland has a great team....with a-lot of seniors. I hope they do well the rest of the way. Shelbyville was stacked with them last year and did well..good luck Oakland seniors....as far as the rest of 7-aaa goes...don't talk too much. We all know Shelbyville had one senior this year and possibly one of the best freshmen in the state...which by the way scorched everyone that guarded him from that region as a FROSH. 7-AAA is the better district and no one doubts that... but I can't wait to see what Shelbyville does within the next two to three years. Kevin Thomas has done an amazing job. I'll promise you that no one competes with them the next two yrs. And as far as White Co. is concerned, i'm just glad you all are at least 500 in your district again. I remember Gribble, Jolly, and the rest of the crew. Good luck to 7-aaa in the sectionals.

I was impressed with Shelbyville, they really dug themselves a whole early bout fought to get it close and did a few times, sometimes by just shear guts. Honestly, I was more impressed with twilley, but andrews is every bit as good, those 2 will be fabulous the next 3 years. Shelbyville will be a great team, but when your the top dog, you are going to get everybody's best shot, so im sure the eagles will be challenged over the next few years no matter how good they become.

As for Oakland, I thought we played a pretty complete game. That run to start the game set the tone and forced Shelbyville to play from behind for pretty much the whole game. Jay did a tremendous job on Andrews, he did have 14 but most of those points were late and when the game was already in hand. Cant say enough about the perfromance by dre maupins, Shelbyville close to double down low, which left dre open for most of the night and he made the Eagles pay dearly for it, should be a glimpse of things to come next year

With a young team like Shelbyville, sometimes a little momentum is everything. Oakland did a good job of countering Shelbyville's runs and extending the lead every time, that 14-0 run all but sealed the game. Kit didnt provide much in terms of points, but he was such a presence on the defensive end and it showed every time he had to go out, whether it being in foul trouble of just needing a breather. Oakland did a tremendous job and limiting our turnovers, even when shelbyville got a little desperate in the 4th with their press, Oakland turned it over a few times but more often than not, Oakland was able to handle it pretty well. All in all, a good win for Oakland, time to turn our attention to White County thursday night

QUOTE(tdntn @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:21 PM) 826392620[/snapback]oakland played really well tonight they responded great in the third quarter when the game got within six (30-24) pouring on 14 unanswered points to give them breathing room. really glad to see my boy dre have a breakout game he was on the money tonight.

i think oakland will beat white co. pretty good again thursday not sure i will be attending that game though (these tourneys are taking a hit on my wallet). congradulations to both for making it to the substate, even though every one wanted to see the riverdale/oakland rematch. of course im cheering for oakland here on out its only right and i want the title in murfreesboro...and lets hope my lady warriors can capture the title also /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

What night will the sub-state be played on? Monday?

People who know know I have complained about the pace of Rutherford Co. baketball in the past but last night Oakland showed what I had been asking for they got out and ran when they could yet maintained their discipline on Defense I was impressed tonight they are a dangerous team I still dont think they will win the gold ball this year but they may very well prove me wrong I have been searching for a clear cut favorite in AAA and just isnt one, I'm getting closer and closer to hoping that Oakland proves me wrong. How about Allen's attempted dunk the dude can play but he has no hops at all lol, but he is still the truth though

QUOTE(eagle23 @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826392657[/snapback]Are we talking baseball now? I'm confused. Everyone knows Oakland has a great team....with a-lot of seniors. I hope they do well the rest of the way. Shelbyville was stacked with them last year and did well..good luck Oakland seniors....as far as the rest of 7-aaa goes...don't talk too much. We all know Shelbyville had one senior this year and possibly one of the best freshmen in the state...which by the way scorched everyone that guarded him from that region as a FROSH. 7-AAA is the better district and no one doubts that... but I can't wait to see what Shelbyville does within the next two to three years. Kevin Thomas has done an amazing job. I'll promise you that no one competes with them the next two yrs. And as far as White Co. is concerned, i'm just glad you all are at least 500 in your district again. I remember Gribble, Jolly, and the rest of the crew. Good luck to 7-aaa in the sectionals.

do you remember our 2 state championships?