Oakland vs. Shelbyville: Region 4AAA semi final

basketballfan2003

QUOTE(OakIand @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826392463[/snapback]Oakland won by about 20 I think 57-37 or something close. Oakland had a great game. So much for Shelbyville's so called "Speed". How many fast breaks did they have? I thought 22 was their best player and that 21 looked like Gary Coleman.

You guys just look at the black and white part of it (points, fast breaks, etc etc) When Twilley got the ball more often than not he could create against Dre and at the very least was fouled and sent to the line and also happens to be a tremendous shot from the charity stripe. Andrews made some moves and some shots that you dont expect alot of players to make, he will be a big time player, but there havent been many guys who have lit up Jaffarious, so thats not fault of Andrews. I think Shelbyville's role players are going to be the benefactors next season now that everyone knows about Twilley and Andrews, and I feel they are good enough to make teams to pay if they just try to zone in on those 2 tremendous players. Shelbyville was quicker, but sometimes its hard to account for being shorter at almost every position by a couple of inches, I think it wouldnt matter if Shelbyville was a little bit older, but the fact that we are pretty big across the board had its effects on them

Shelbyville can be deceiving, at first glance they dont seem much, but if they can control the pace of the game, they are mighty dangerous. Yeah the runs late in the game helped seal the win for Oakland, but I think going up 15-3 early set the stage for Oakland to be able to put this game away. Oakland has done a great job of coming out and executing from the get go this whole postseason

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:15 AM) 826393174[/snapback]Oakland finishes first/Riverdale second, then SCHS would have beat Riverdale. But didnt happen oh well. And plus that Oakland game was one bad game. SCHS, White Co, and Riverdale equals not much diffence. We will agree to disagree and look forward to next year when White Co. and SCHS meets. Good Luck.

i STRONGLY disagree (not that it matters for either team any more)...when i saw shelbyville twice (which included when they did beat riverdale), they dont strike you as a very great team, more like a team that has very great potential. sure will have a very good team in years to come though, they havent peaked yet.

QUOTE(randymc @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826393260[/snapback]lets see, they had a state tournament appearance in 2002 and 2006, substate appearances is 2002, 2004, and 2006 and KT has only been coaching there for 8 years. Definately not a dynasty, but better than anyone else in the region during the same period.

Some people tried to tell you so earlier

i like kt but for know kt=0 gold balls.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:15 AM) 826393174[/snapback]Oakland finishes first/Riverdale second, then SCHS would have beat Riverdale. But didnt happen oh well. And plus that Oakland game was one bad game. SCHS, White Co, and Riverdale equals not much diffence. We will agree to disagree and look forward to next year when White Co. and SCHS meets. Good Luck.

these teams may not meet who knows 7aaa is so competitive that anything could happen unlike your watered down district.

QUOTE(sparta boy @ Feb 28 2007 - 04:07 PM) 826393666[/snapback]these teams may not meet who knows 7aaa is so competitive that anything could happen unlike your watered down district.

Yes, Shelbyville played in a weak district, but if you look at their schedule, they knew that would be the case. The Eagles played some pretty stiff competition early on and really helped them towards the end of the season. I dont how good or bad your district is, when your the team everybody guns for and you can go 12-0 after losing the players Shelbyville did, that is an astounding feat

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:29 AM) 826392987[/snapback]First off Congrats to our one Senior Robby Rowland on leading and being a great role model for this young team. Keep your head up you have done a great job this year of leading and keeping this team on par when no one thought this team would do as well as it did. This team lost 7 players from the runner-up state finish. That is testament to Robby and also to my knowledge he is only 4 year player to have atleast 100 wins in his high school career at SCHS.

Second congrats to Oakland on an outstanding game. I hope they go all the way and represent this region well. White Co will not beat them. Oakland looked all business and like they were focused and on a mission. That Riverdale game got them to where they aint gonna take anything for granted. And I will admit I was wrong and I was wrong that the margin would not be double digits and it obviously was. Also even though the final score did not indicate it SCHS and Oakland where and are the two best teams in the region and would have met in the final if Oakland had taken care of business. But oh well. I believe the thing that hurt SCHS the most was the length and size of Oakland. I will still maintain that overall SCHS is a quicker team. That did not matter last night. Oakland played great D last night, executed on Offense, and crashed the offensive boards.

14pioneers, when your team can actually beat a team in your own district or by some miracle make it to the region, until then shut up or move somewhere there is a repectable ball team.

Last Shelbyville will be back no worries here. Only losing that one senior, but someone will have to step up and give that leadership.

Again good luck Oakland.

Well it's true , we can't beat anyone in our district, but we sure can in your district. Here's an idea , why don't we and you swap districts, that way we would definetly be in the regions evey year, but I don't know about you guys making it, ya'll really would have to fight to even get out of our district and make it to the regions. But I really like ya'll's coach, he definetly is a first rate high school coach, I wish we had him.

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Feb 28 2007 - 06:19 PM) 826393771[/snapback]Well it's true , we can't beat anyone in our district, but we sure can in your district. Here's an idea , why don't we and you swap districts, that way we would definetly be in the regions evey year, but I don't know about you guys making it, ya'll really would have to fight to even get out of our district and make it to the regions. But I really like ya'll's coach, he definetly is a first rate high school coach, I wish we had him.

I think our district is a good one, but its not the uber tough district you make it out to be. Yes everybody plays everyone hard, but the Oakland's and White County's of the early to mid 90's would absolutely murder some of these teams now. Shelbyville would have made it to regions even if they would have swapped with somebody. Granted, Warren County did have a few wins against 8-aaa, but I dont know if they could beat the same teams in district play, those saturday night games after you have had a tough district game, some teams wont play with that same intensity

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:05 PM) 826393819[/snapback]I think our district is a good one, but its not the uber tough district you make it out to be. Yes everybody plays everyone hard, but the Oakland's and White County's of the early to mid 90's would absolutely murder some of these teams now. Shelbyville would have made it to regions even if they would have swapped with somebody. Granted, Warren County did have a few wins against 8-aaa, but I dont know if they could beat the same teams in district play, those saturday night games after you have had a tough district game, some teams wont play with that same intensity

Good to see someone else with the same opinion. Maybe now 14 will shut up. Like I said u can not judge the team by the league they play in all cases. Look at the rest of the schedule SCHS had, which I posted earlier, and maybe 14 will learn a little somethin.

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Feb 28 2007 - 06:19 PM) 826393771[/snapback]Well it's true , we can't beat anyone in our district, but we sure can in your district. Here's an idea , why don't we and you swap districts, that way we would definetly be in the regions evey year, but I don't know about you guys making it, ya'll really would have to fight to even get out of our district and make it to the regions. But I really like ya'll's coach, he definetly is a first rate high school coach, I wish we had him.

Yeah you wish /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:20 PM) 826393828[/snapback]Good to see someone else with the same opinion. Maybe now 14 will shut up. Like I said u can not judge the team by the league they play in all cases. Look at the rest of the schedule SCHS had, which I posted earlier, and maybe 14 will learn a little somethin.

Yeah you wish /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I liked shelbyville, If they were in our district i think they would finish 2nd or 3rd

QUOTE(sparta boy @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826392848[/snapback]do you remember our 2 state championships?

No sparta boy...I only remember the players that played for the team. Honestly, who asks that question? You make yourself sound extremely dumb on this board. Just do yourself a favor and quit posting. DUMMIE of the day award....sparta boy

-Good luck to both teams