Shelbyville-Riverdale (Round 3 - Region 4AAA Title)

sportsguy22

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Shelbyville guy, but even I know how good Lanning is. Making 4-foot jumpers is the exact reason she is so good! She creates space, drives to the basket, and puts the ball in the hole time after time. She can shoot the 3 as well, but she doesn't have to since her slashing ability off the dribble is so good. Really nobody has found a way to stop her, especially in the last month or so. She should win Miss Basketball hands down. She will help Insell right away at MTSU next year because of her competitiveness and her ability to score. She's not as quick, but she plays a lot like Chrissy Givens and has all those intangibles and leadership qualities. All that said, however, I hope the Eaglettes can pull it off tomorrow night. If they play their game, I like their chances to pull it out in the 4th quarter. Shelbyville by 3. Should be a classic!

AML is a player no doubt. But don't look for her to score another 45. She was not nearly as effective in their first meeting. I think the game at Riverdale was much like the game last night against Lincoln Co. When you start the game and don't miss a shoot for a quarter chances are you are going to win the only question is by how much. If Lanning is stopped or even stiffled Riverdale will have problems. One thing is for sure the drumming the Eaglettes took two weeks ago is still on their minds. The determining factor in who wins the game is how they (SCHS) react to that. Classic Region 4AAA that's for sure.

QUOTE(FlatCreekJim @ Feb 27 2007 - 06:10 PM) 826392224[/snapback]AML is a player no doubt. But don't look for her to score another 45. She was not nearly as effective in their first meeting. I think the game at Riverdale was much like the game last night against Lincoln Co. When you start the game and don't miss a shoot for a quarter chances are you are going to win the only question is by how much. If Lanning is stopped or even stiffled Riverdale will have problems. One thing is for sure the drumming the Eaglettes took two weeks ago is still on their minds. The determining factor in who wins the game is how they (SCHS) react to that. Classic Region 4AAA that's for sure.

I'm proud that these 2 teams will represent region 4aaa, both are clearly the best in their respected conferences. I hope Riverdale wins this one, but really just flip a coin, I'll be happy with whoever turns up !!! Too close to call. Have a great game ladies and make every team proud in 8 & 7 aaa on your road to the state crown.

QUOTE(FUNanGUN2 @ Feb 27 2007 - 05:15 PM) 826392112[/snapback]AML was not that impressive. What shot did she hit besides a 4 foot jumped? If you saw one please tell me...

while i will agree for some reason Lawerence Co was giving her a huge lane to drive in for easy lay ups she did hit a couple of 3s and i thought that she passed in the lane real well for some nice easy lay ups for her teammates however i am looking thru biased eyes

i also agree she probalby wont get 45 points again i do think she gets her usual 20 or so and Riverdale wins by 3 early and with free throws at the end extend it to 8-10 points

QUOTE(StarsPres @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:08 AM) 826392691[/snapback]Both great programs, but, IMO, neither will be in the elite 8.

Depending on how the loser plays against Cleveland in a very difficult enviornment these two could easily meet back up in the state championship game if one of them knocks off wilson central in the state tourney. Could very well be a preview of the state shampionship game. Am I out of my mind for predicting such a matchup? Only time will tell, it will be a barn burner tonight. Shelbyville by 3.

QUOTE(tdntn @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826391214[/snapback]i think she'll be alright. she was still limping after the game but shes a warrior, her little sister said she thinks she will be alright also.

i think riverdale takes this one also, especially if shelbyville starts getting in foul trouble like last time

as long as they dont get called for breathing on her like they did last game they wont get in foul trouble. Dont touch the all mighty AML or your outta here