Shelbyville-Riverdale (Round 3 - Region 4AAA Title)

sportsguy22

These have been the best two teams by far all season in Region 4-AAA, two of the best in the state, and everyone's expected region championship matchup which will be Wednesday night at Siegel. What are your thoughts? Can Shelbyville slow down Lanning, who scored 45 two weeks ago when the two teams played at Riverdale? Can Riverdale contain all the weapons the Eaglettes have, both inside and outside? Both teams look to be playing their best basketball of the season right now as they are coming off complete blowouts in the region semifinals. The loser will likely have to travel to Cleveland for a very tough sectional game, so it should be a barn-burner!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, does anyone know if Lanning is okay? I know she came back into the game after twisting her ankle early in the 4th quarter. I'm just hoping she's in good shape for Wednesday. We all want to see these two teams battle it out with all their weapons at 100%...that will make for the best game possible. Looking forward to it.

QUOTE(sportsguy22 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826391133[/snapback]By the way, does anyone know if Lanning is okay? I know she came back into the game after twisting her ankle early in the 4th quarter. I'm just hoping she's in good shape for Wednesday. We all want to see these two teams battle it out with all their weapons at 100%...that will make for the best game possible. Looking forward to it.

i think she'll be alright. she was still limping after the game but shes a warrior, her little sister said she thinks she will be alright also.

i think riverdale takes this one also, especially if shelbyville starts getting in foul trouble like last time

I'll go with Burkey's coaching to get Shelbyville over the top in this one.

[/quoteBurkey is a great coach, there's no denying that but from a talent point of view he has a little more, it appears, than RDale has But Riverdale has consistantly gotten better all season and that includes Lanning. Barring some unforseen major injury to Lanning and this player can play her game, she will be the best player on the floor and her teammates will understand the opportunity and the Motivated Coaching staff will seize the opportunity and Riverdale will win by 8 and Lanning will make a lot of free throws.

Burt is a great coach also and will not be outcoached.

[/quoteBurkey is a great coach, there's no denying that but from a talent point of view he has a little more, it appears, than RDale has But Riverdale has consistantly gotten better all season and that includes Lanning. Barring some unforseen major injury to Lanning and this player can play her game, she will be the best player on the floor and her teammates will understand the opportunity and the Motivated Coaching staff will seize the opportunity and Riverdale will win by 8 and Lanning will make a lot of free throws.

Burt is a great coach also and will not be outcoached.

This is going to be a great game to watch no matter who you are rooting for. Lanning is the best player in the district, region, and state in my opinion but I dont think it will be enough. Shelbyville is alot better than Riverdale from a matchup stand point at all other spots. Also, not taking a thing a way from Lanning's performance because she did all that on her ability, but does anyone think that Shelbyville did anything at all to show their offensive strategy in the game against riverdale a couple of weeks ago? They played that game as basic as possible to not show their "cards" knowing of a possible rematch with Riverdale in the finals. Now I dont think that it is a given that Shelbyville will win but if I were a betting man, I would take the eaglettes.

If Shelbyville shoots the ball like they did last night against Lincoln County, then Riverdale may be in trouble. I think this is gonna be a great game and it is hard to pick a winner, but I'll go with Shelbyville by 3 or 4. Close game but I think Jarrell will be the difference maker in the end. Good luck Shelbyville, represent 8-AAA well!!!

QUOTE(falconfan94 @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:13 AM) 826391648[/snapback]If Shelbyville shoots the ball like they did last night against Lincoln County, then Riverdale may be in trouble. I think this is gonna be a great game and it is hard to pick a winner, but I'll go with Shelbyville by 3 or 4. Close game but I think Jarrell will be the difference maker in the end. Good luck Shelbyville, represent 8-AAA well!!!

Did you notice the way Riverdale shot last night? Shelbyville cant handle AML. But there again who can. Riverdale by 14.