SCIENCE HILL VS. GREENVILLE

CoachC47

Who nicknamed B-Gym "The Pit"? Did that happen recently? Was it in 1955? I graduated from ORHS in 1984 and teach and coach there now, but until the past few weeks I had never heard anyone call that place "The Pit."

By the way, it's not going to be demolished. It will house a practice gym, weightroom, and trainer's room.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to the game on the Radio and it sounded like a great game....I just hate that the SHHS girls lost...the announcer made it seem like they were dominating the game but Greenville just was hanging around. OH...I was wrong..but we are still going to the state...does anyone know who we are playing in the sub-state and where?

QUOTE(CoachC47 @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:13 AM) 826394546[/snapback]I listened to the game on the Radio and it sounded like a great game....I just hate that the SHHS girls lost...the announcer made it seem like they were dominating the game but Greenville just was hanging around. OH...I was wrong..but we are still going to the state...does anyone know who we are playing in the sub-state and where?

The Lady Toppers are travelling to the "PIT" in Oak Ridge for the last game in the old gym. They beat Powell in the region 2 championship 51-37. Good luck to the girls...maybe we'll see you in the 'Boro.

QUOTE(CoachC47 @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:13 AM) 826394546[/snapback]I listened to the game on the Radio and it sounded like a great game....I just hate that the SHHS girls lost...the announcer made it seem like they were dominating the game but Greenville just was hanging around. OH...I was wrong..but we are still going to the state...does anyone know who we are playing in the sub-state and where?

Everytime I have seen greeneville play this season, they have looked like they were "just hanging around", but then you look up at the scoreboard and go "Wow! How'd they get ahead?". They are just a very steady team, not too flashy, but very solid.

QUOTE(gogreene @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826394055[/snapback]The biggest question that I have is why does the runner-up place 4 members on the all-tournament team, while the champions only get 3? Oh yeah, I forgot we were playing in a Big 9 atmosphere.

All-Tournament Team

Greeneville:

Nicole Dickson - MVP

AshleyDeans

Whitney Carter

Science Hill:

Jaimee Hill

Jordan Douglas

Johneshia Good

Emma MacMillan

Daniel Boone:

Autumn Gillis

Holly Nickles

Tennessee High:

Danielle Montgomery

Who was on there that shouldn't have been?

Who was left off that should have been included?

It's really not that far off what I would have said.

Greeneville beat two Big 9 teams by a combined total of 3 points. No other IMAC teams made it to Sullivan South, so yes, there are going to be a few Big 9 players on the All-Tournament team........

QUOTE(bucdaddio @ Mar 1 2007 - 04:30 PM) 826395380[/snapback]All-Tournament Team

Greeneville:

Nicole Dickson - MVP

AshleyDeans

Whitney Carter

Science Hill:

Jaimee Hill

Jordan Douglas

Johneshia Good

Emma MacMillan

Daniel Boone:

Autumn Gillis

Holly Nickles

Tennessee High:

Danielle Montgomery

Who was on there that shouldn't have been?

Who was left off that should have been included?

It's really not that far off what I would have said.

Greeneville beat two Big 9 teams by a combined total of 3 points. No other IMAC teams made it to Sullivan South, so yes, there are going to be a few Big 9 players on the All-Tournament team........

Rachel Collins-Greeneville

AEthridge I graduated in 1971 and I have heard visiting teams call B-Gym "the Pit" ever since I was in school. However, I have not seen it in actual print until the last couple of years. I am glad they are not demolishing the old building and finding a good use for it. The new facility looks awesome and should be a top place to go to school or play sports when it opens. Best thing Oak Ridge has done in years for the school. I just wish they would update Blankenship some.

Good luck to the Lady Wildcats this Saturday. I am doing my best to try to be there.

Roll Lady Wildcats Roll!

QUOTE(CoachC47 @ Feb 27 2007 - 06:46 PM) 826392203[/snapback]Probably the only time in her life..if you shoot 57%...you are not just going to start shooting 80% from the line...one game...maybe but back to back....stats dont lie when it comes to shooting

I realize, you have already admitted your error about Greeneville, but I thought this stat was funny...

Dickson free-throws over last 3 games...

Boone 12-14 86%

SH 11-15 73%

Powell 4-4 100%

Totals 27-33 82%

Stats don't lie /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />