Crockett Co. vs. Dyer Co. Round IV

rebel_oc

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if the Cavs can break the full court press and set up in a half-court offense against Dyer County, it will slow them down. The Cavs need to pound the ball in down low to Big Perry and let him work and draw fouls, which would open up the 3-point shots for the Johnsons and Theus. I know that all of this is much easier said than done. Dyer County has a very good defense, but I don't think that they can score with the Cavs. Turnovers will be key. My prediction is DC by 7. Close, up-tempo game that comes down to free throws. I hope I am wrong though, GO CAVS!

QUOTE(rebel_oc @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:26 AM) 826391572[/snapback]Crockett and Dyer will be meeting up for the 4th time in the region 7aa championship game....Any thoughts or predictions on this one?

This will be a dog fight. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Both teams know each other very well. Dyer Co. has beat Crockett Co. the last two times they have met. I think Dyer Co. has a better bench than Crockett Co. I also think the crowd will play a factor, as Dyer Co. will bring a much bigger crowd. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> If the refs call it close, two or three players on both teams could foul out. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Leaving the bench players to finish the game. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> That is why I give Dyer Co. the edge. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> "GO BIG ORANGE"

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826396037[/snapback]Man I hate I missed this game. I listened to part of it and it sounded like a shoot out.

In the Choctaw huddle before the start of the 2nd OT, Coach McCord holds up the dri-erase board. There is a line down the middle, on one side is written Memphis on the other Home. He asked the team "where do you want to play?" They all pointed to "Home". He then said, here's how we get there. Somehow they cranked the the pressure just alittle bit more and pulled it out. Great game by both teams. Good luck to the Cavilers as they travel to Mitchell. Choctaws take on BTW at home.

GO CHOCTAWS!

edited for typo, still a little excited

Best game I've seen all year....Two teams fighting for everything...Justin Blake and Ron Johnson are two amazing athletes, and put on a show.....I LOVED IT....Can't wait for Monday when I go watch BTW and Dyer Co....Good luck to the Cavs as I think they will get the W and move onto the 'Boro....Congrats to Dyer Co.....Also, the crowd for this game was amazing..There wasn't an empty seat in the entire gym....That's what basketball is all about!!!!

QUOTE(toinemac @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826396214[/snapback]Crockett and DC are both nice stories this year but in reality neither of these teams have the size to be able to beat Mitchell or BTW i think they will both lose but all the same congrats to both on making substate

I think DC will take BTW...I know BTW is good but for some reason I just think DC has a state tournament appearance in the futue...don't be surprised to see Crockett knock off Mitchell either...Crockett isn't that deep but their starting 5 (if not in foul trouble) are a mighty tough 5 to play with...If Ron,Shaun,Jarvis get going it might be a good night for the Cavs...GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!! GREAT GAME TONIGHT BY BOTH TEAMS!!

By far the game of the year. Both teams let it all hang out. Neither team deserved to lose this one. Both teams deserved the win. Even tho we play B.T. Washington , I like our chances in our home gym. All the way to Boro. "GO BIG ORANGE." If your going to be the best you got to play the best.

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826396255[/snapback]By far the game of the year. Both teams let it all hang out. Neither team deserved to lose this one. Both teams deserved the win. Even tho we play B.T. Washington , I like our chances in our home gym. All the way to Boro. "GO BIG ORANGE." If your going to be the best you got to play the best.

DC seems to have really lost instead of won,since BTW apparently lost on purpose /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> so it would be more likely a Memphis sweep and BTW make the journey to DC to play the TRIBE at home .. DONT LOSE HEART "BIG ORANGE" === DC beat BTW 3-4 years ago at Memphis they were not suppose to win..Bring your "A" GAME. PLAY WITHIN YOURSELF, Your crowd will be there in full force, Last But Not LEAST==You have " HEART"!! GO CHOCTAWS /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> . GO CAVS /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />