Crockett Co. vs. Dyer Co. Round IV

rebel_oc

QUOTE(toinemac @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826396214[/snapback]Crockett and DC are both nice stories this year but in reality neither of these teams have the size to be able to beat Mitchell or BTW i think they will both lose but all the same congrats to both on making substate

I agree with GCPioneer, Crockett County's starting 5 is very very good. The problem with C.C. is depth, but if they play their A game, they could very well beat Mitchell. If they can hang around pretty close until the 4th, my money is on Johnson and the Cavs. T

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the best game of the season. I agree that with the heart and effort that both teams played with, neither deserved to lose. R Johnson did a great job of maintaining his composure and had one of the best games all year. Good Luck to the Cavs with Mitchell...... I wish the Cavs the best of luck for the remainder of the Post-season.

As for my Chocs..... Great game, great win! Let's focus on Monday night. BTW is not undefeatable. Mitchell proved that. They will be at our house and we will greet them with a capacity crowd. GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS CHOCTAWS!!!!!! LET'S KEEP THIS THING GOING

Wow, What a game...Both teams played thier hearts out. It was the best game that Ive seen in the past in the 3-4 years. Very well officiated, great crowd support, and great players, playing great. There is no doubt that Ron Johnson and Justin Blake are the 2 best players in 13AA! Good Luck to each team in the Subsatate game.

Guest brooks_12

amazing game dyer co did not play well at the beginning.....

i hate to blame the officiating but the refsmad eit pretty obvious who they were for.....

we fought over that thought.......

good luck to both teams against btw and mitchell!

"Brooks 12". There is no way that you can say that those refs last night didn't call that game straight down the middle. They made calls for both teams all night long. Dyer County got called on a lot of reach in fouls, which were fouls and Crockett County got called on a lot of fouls under the basket which were fouls, and a few charges, which were charges. It was the best officiated game that I have seen all year.

As for the play of the game, I think that the Jackson Sun may have gotten it wrong. The best play was definitely on a fast break when Ron Johnson made an unbelievable block on Justin Blake Without fouling! It was one of the best defensive plays ive seen in High School Basketball.

I am still trying to catch my breathe from last nights game. It is the 2nd best game I have ever had the pleasure of watching(Hamilton vs. Shelbyville, AAA state championships last year is the first). I knew DC was good, but what I had no idea of was how good CC was. I did not realize there was so much talent in this district. The game was a called a little lopsidded in the first half, but the refs called a pretty good second half and overtime periods. I hate that DC after winning a hard fought game last night has the distinct pleasure of hosting.........BTW. I mean no team out of Memphis is going to be easy to beat, but when the best team(well I guess until last night) in Memphis AA is your reward........Good lord. I hope DC can create a game atmosphere like they did a few years back when Ridgeway came to town. I still get chill bumps just thinking about it. Well, good to luck to both DC and CC in your substate match-ups. Show them that West TN is more than just Memphis basketball.

QUOTE(JD64 @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:57 AM) 826396855[/snapback]As for the play of the game, I think that the Jackson Sun may have gotten it wrong. The best play was definitely on a fast break when Ron Johnson made an unbelievable block on Justin Blake Without fouling! It was one of the best defensive plays ive seen in High School Basketball.

Just because a foul wasn't called by the officials doesn't mean it wasn't a foul.

If you ever watch Sportscenters Top 10, the top play rarely ever goes the game winner. However, it almost always goes to the most ATHLETIC play of the night. So I am gonna base my opinion on this. Great game, it's over. Good luck to 13AA in the region. I wanna see another rematch in Murfreesboro, even though it's very unlikely.