Science Hill Football

topvol98

bud,

I think the talent at Jeff County at the time with Jennings and Scooter and all the others previously mentioned, was the 2nd best in the state, behind only Riverdale...better than Oak Ridge (Corey Booker, era), better than D-B, better than Oakland, and just for you TopVol98, better than Science Hill...better coaching would have taken them where they should have gone...Jennings was a great high school player and a great kid; my oldest loved competing against him and his effort was there every time we played them, but they never won...to me, coaching wasn't up to the talent level...or hey, maybe we were better than I thought...

Thank you for th e-mails, I have received them and do enjoy them...

JC4life,

You all had great teams, with some really fine kids,,,Jennings, Clement, and that lineman that was so tough, I think he has a little brother still playing (not sure on that and wish I could remember his name)...there were some great battles...fun football...you all will be back, too...too much tradition and community pride...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Skunk@home @ Apr 6 2007 - 01:14 PM) 826431327[/snapback]JC4life,

You all had great teams, with some really fine kids,,,Jennings, Clement, and that lineman that was so tough, I think he has a little brother still playing (not sure on that and wish I could remember his name)...there were some great battles...fun football...you all will be back, too...too much tradition and community pride...

Roll Tribe Roll

I believe you are talking about Jason Yeary, and yes his brother plays LB currently. I hope we can get back to some great regular season, and playoff battles against both O.R and DB before they break the school up.

QUOTE(JC4life @ Apr 6 2007 - 12:46 AM) 826431143[/snapback]Defensive coaching was a problem, especially in the secondary. I`ll never forget 3rd and 28 in the 2003 regular season game and watching Lamon Williams glide into the endzone /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

The 02 playoff game was classic and with a few breaks the game could have gone the other way, phantom catch on the sideline, 4 downs from the 3 and not punching it in. I agree with you that we could/should have done better, but its not like we were playing against slouch teams( DB on the road in 02, and OR on the road in 03). No excuses but thats a tough row to hoe.

I guess it was the '02 playoff game where DB scored late and kicked off and I was sure the JC kid was running the kickoff back! Great game...it's still hard to believe the bottom fell out so quick of that program

QUOTE(topvol98 @ Apr 6 2007 - 05:04 AM) 826431189[/snapback]and another thread has left the intended topic to become a lesson about db's greatness /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

and another thread has left the intended topic to become a lesson about db's greatness /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

are you guys really going with those helmets? Not gonna whip out any mustard unis or nothin are you? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Apr 6 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826431404[/snapback]are you guys really going with those helmets? Not gonna whip out any mustard unis or nothin are you? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

What the heck is "mustard unis or nothin"? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 5 2007 - 08:51 PM) 826430961[/snapback]Good post MaroonandGray. You've been missed. However, your Avatar is disconcerting. I doesn't seem to fit the image I held of you. I was thinking more of a...Jack Nicholson. With maybe a hint of...Milburn Drysdale. Ha! Just funnin'.

I've been trying to get basketball out my system and riding the baseball bandwagon to the boro /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Milburn Drysdale! come on compman...are you calling me an old stuffed shirt? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I wanted an avatar that truly expressed who I am but coacht didn't have any imgaes that said "elitist grammar boy" /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> . Actually I wanted to use my own image such as the DB logo or helmet but coacht limits me to what they have.

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Apr 6 2007 - 04:27 PM) 826431407[/snapback]What the heck is "mustard unis or nothin"? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

mustard colored uniforms /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I just figured the new coach would come in and come up with a new look

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Apr 6 2007 - 03:45 PM) 826431415[/snapback]I've been trying to get basketball out my system and riding the baseball bandwagon to the boro /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Milburn Drysdale! come on compman...are you calling me an old stuffed shirt? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I wanted an avatar that truly expressed who I am but coacht didn't have any imgaes that said "elitist grammar boy" /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> . Actually I wanted to use my own image such as the DB logo or helmet but coacht limits me to what they have.

Join up on CoachT and you can make and attach your own Avatar. It's only $12 to be the first with your very own DB logo. Hurry up before someone else beat you to it. I wouldn't doubt WaCoJaCo is working on his now to show his DB spirit.

This one look like it could work for you.

QUOTE(bud @ Apr 6 2007 - 12:25 AM) 826431130[/snapback]Skunk, I will have to disagree about Jeff Co. They gave DB all and more than we wanted, but I think DB had more depth and talent. Since Meadows has left, Jeff Co has seen a decline. Remember that year we played then in the regular season and in the playoffs in 2001? Wow! Those were two great games and we were lucky to win, especially the playoffs. When he left, that program took a downward turn. Of coourse some say Meadows like to follow talent, but I think he has broken that image by staying loyal to William Blount, thus far. Skunk, are you still at Tim's office? I sent you a few emailsabout UT and never knew if you got them.. Thank

Meadows just wants to be in Blount Co. and that's the job he took. I would not call it loyalty to the school but I would to his family. I respect that, he could have had just about any job and have been sucessful but had to stay home.