UC and Lake Co

middletondj

QUOTE(ukcats86 @ Mar 1 2007 - 03:50 PM) 826395421[/snapback]Here is a response from a UC fan. We're still here reading what several idiots on here have to say. If UC basketball fans are arrogant, we have a reason to be. How many state championships have other boys teams in West Tn. won.

I believe it is 4 for UC; which most of you probably can't count that high. We can handle the bashing because we will

be back to do the bashing.

Well we are not to 4 yet but we do have 3 at middleton and any bashing yall do untill next year will be at home. I was born in uc and i am glade i am not in uc now cuz yall are to cocky,and by the way yall always talk bad about our gym but yall dont have to come this year because oh yea u will be at home i belive the players at uc are a great bunch of young men but the fans really need to go see a counselor while yall are ur break good luck to the rest of the teams

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(M-Town Baller @ Mar 1 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826395349[/snapback]We see what confidence gets you. It gets you a front row seat in the bleachers. Bandwagon people go to one or two games a year or only when they are winning. I have been to all but a few games this year. I have not got on here and said we would win the state championship this year. All I said is that I thought it was funny UC & LC lost because all the posts on here said no one had a chance but district 14A. I am not talking trash I am just laughing all the way to substate. Spellerone have a good night...(At Home) HaHa

You need to get your facts straight before you start typing or at least proofread what you have typed.

More on that later. I suspect that you didn't say that Middleton would win it all because you didn't believe they would. Not because you are so magnanimous so don't go patting yourself on the back. I'll take you at your word that you go to most of Middleton's games so i'll change your status from fair weather fan to fair weather coacht user. Neither is very honorable. Now back to the facts. When you say and may I quote you "all the posts on here said no one had a chance but district 14A" you said a mouth full and your mouth is full because your foot is in it. I never said that and I certainly have been "on here". There have been several LC fans "on here" and I don't recall them saying that.

Now you are right there have been some, I did say some, UC fans that have been saying that. So say some of the posts. That would be more accurate. Are you interested in accuracy? You seem to be a reasonable man judging from your last post. I don't have a problem with you being happy about some of the fans getting their comeuppance. That final dig at me is ok too. Check my posts and see if I have been bragging on LC or UC or anybody else. Not my style. I am happy you are happy though. Let's see you get happy you get on coacht. Logically(going Spock on ya') you must have been sad all season before Thursday night's results. I guess we will keep seeing you unless Middleton loses. Then being the fair weather coacht user that you are with two posts in two consecutive days you will do your disappearing act once again. Have a good day and come back and see us sometime you hear.

QUOTE(mhstigers10 @ Mar 1 2007 - 02:48 PM) 826395308[/snapback]nice of us to join yall now..and we are just jumping on the bandwagon uhh? well i have been to every single game this year win or lose. and you say now that yall are out we start getting on here talking our team up..well i see no reason having to get on here to talk about your team because they don't read this petty little stuff anyway if we want to talk about our team and talk them up we talk to them! the only thing that people do on here is get stuff started and i am not one to reply to these messages but when you start talking about our team and our fans its not right. but yes we are still in this for the gold ball and if we get it or if we dont thats just fine.

Another fair weather coacht user. I like that last sentence. That puts things in the proper perspective. There is hope for you.

QUOTE(spellerone @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826395913[/snapback]You need to get your facts straight before you start typing or at least proofread what you have typed.

More on that later. I suspect that you didn't say that Middleton would win it all because you didn't believe they would. Not because you are so magnanimous so don't go patting yourself on the back. I'll take you at your word that you go to most of Middleton's games so i'll change your status from fair weather fan to fair weather coacht user. Neither is very honorable. Now back to the facts. When you say and may I quote you "all the posts on here said no one had a chance but district 14A" you said a mouth full and your mouth is full because your foot is in it. I never said that and I certainly have been "on here". There have been several LC fans "on here" and I don't recall them saying that.

Now you are right there have been some, I did say some, UC fans that have been saying that. So say some of the posts. That would be more accurate. Are you interested in accuracy? You seem to be a reasonable man judging from your last post. I don't have a problem with you being happy about some of the fans getting their comeuppance. That final dig at me is ok too. Check my posts and see if I have been bragging on LC or UC or anybody else. Not my style. I am happy you are happy though. Let's see you get happy you get on coacht. Logically(going Spock on ya') you must have been sad all season before Thursday night's results. I guess we will keep seeing you unless Middleton loses. Then being the fair weather coacht user that you are with two posts in two consecutive days you will do your disappearing act once again. Have a good day and come back and see us sometime you hear.

LOL!!! wow....good post man

Ok to settle everything: Lake Co. and Union City lost; we all know that. Everyone does not need to come on here and dog their players or what the fans say on this website or say that they choked when it meant the most. In my eyes they are still the best two teams in the state, and I am saying this at a Humboldt fan. Yes, they get on here and talk their teams up, and they were pretty much guaranteeing state tourney berths and there is nothing wrong with that. They backed it up on the court all season long up to these two games. And I do not find the Union City fans cocky; they are just confident. Why shouldn't they be? They are the defending state champs and had not lost a game all year to a team in class A. UC and LC ran into two really good teams that have peaked at the right time of the year.

I do not particularly like Union City, but I sure do respect them. They play well together, are one of the most unselfish teams I have ever seen, are well-coached, and they play the game the way it is supposed to be. So, I say we drop the talk about "What happened to UC and LC?" and just congratulate each of them on two very well played seasons and move on to sub-state and state talks.

So, on behalf of all Humboldt fans, congratulations to Union City and Lake Co. on two awesome seasons. I enjoyed watching y'all play, and I hate that all four of us can't go to Murfreesboro, but that's the way it is.

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Mar 1 2007 - 07:05 AM) 826394533[/snapback]You're almost right tennesseebball. They actually began saying all this back in early December. I guess it's safe to still call it the Boro instead of the Union City bowl. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You people are killing me. Sounds like nothing but haters on here, hating on UC. Those boys could not help that they are good. It was kind of bad that they didn't loose a game all season and when they finally did it had to be one that would hurt the most. Give them their props and leave the topic alone. It is over and done with now, so everyone needs to focus on the remaining teams now and quit talking about UC and Lake County.

QUOTE(DWADE @ Mar 1 2007 - 04:22 PM) 826395367[/snapback]Some of the UC fans might have been cocky, but the players sure weren't.

SOME? Try every single one of you. Every UC fan said UC would WITHOUT A DOUBT win the state championship. You said it ALL YEAR long. And now will you not even be there, you didn't even make it to sub-state.

And on another note. UC IS NOT the best team in the state. If they were, they would still be playing. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(spellerone @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826395913[/snapback]You need to get your facts straight before you start typing or at least proofread what you have typed.

Calm down Spellerone. It's okay. It was just a game and everything is going to be okay. UC has taken over the title for best regular season team ever. LC had owned that title but you guys are the new champs. See so now you do have a championship this year! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(SFFan @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:38 AM) 826396723[/snapback]The uc fans deserve every comment that anyone wants to make. We have heard how great Union City was for 6 months. Now, take your medicine. You are sitting at home. The UC fans are the most obnoxous, arrogant fans in the state. You cant take what you dish out. How does it feel?

We're taking everything just fine thank you very much. We're not arrogant or anything else, we were just proud of our team can you say the same. They had a wonderful season and we aren't ashamed of anything. We're still holding our heads up high over here in the UC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:38 AM) 826396721[/snapback]SOME? Try every single one of you. Every UC fan said UC would WITHOUT A DOUBT win the state championship. You said it ALL YEAR long. And now will you not even be there, you didn't even make it to sub-state.

And on another note. UC IS NOT the best team in the state. If they were, they would still be playing. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Now that statement right there needs to be checked. Anyone can loose a game, even the best teams, so I don't want to read that mess about them not being the best. They were the best and still are as far as I'm concerned. When they finally lost one it just happen to be the one they didn't need to loose. That kind of thing can happen to anyone and just for the record not every UC fan was saying we were going to win the championship at state we were just hoping.

QUOTE(SFFan @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826396847[/snapback]you aint the best team when your sitting at home. keep telling yourself that your still #1. you aint no better than south fulton or gleason right now. we are all sitting at home. how does that feel? uc is overrated and has been all season.

I completely agree...well..besides the fact that UC still won the state championship last year. They won the district tournament, not to mention they actually just won a game in the tournament. How did sf and gleason do???? UC actually won a game in the regional tournament. UC lost to the No. 5 team in the state (probably No. 1 now). Union City completely demolished SF and Gleason during the regular season. Union City won 30 games again this year. Union City has 10 players that would be stars on either sf or gleason's teams.

....but if none of that "stuff" matters, then I agree that UC is no better than South Fulton or Gleason.

Everyone that is not a Union City fan just needs to chill. If you played them this year, you know they are still the best team in the state. I am saying this as a Humboldt fan. Just because the fans are confident does not give us the right to say that they are not the best team in the state. Yes, the best team does not always win and this is what happened in this scenario. If the best team always won, what would be the purpsose in playing? That's what makes March Madness so intriguing. You have upsets and the best teams lose sometimes. Like when number 15 seeds upset 2 seeds you know the 2 seed is better, but you go ahead and play the game anyway. This is what happened with Union City (not saying that Humboldt was a 15 seed), but you do see upsets occasionally. So everyone needs to get off Union City's case; they were the best team all season and are still the best team. But the best does not always bring home the trophy.