Franklin vs Whites Creek

Metro "Ballin"

The more I see Franklin play, the more I like what Jay Johnson does with his Rebels. It's hard to fathom that the Rebels won going 0-17 from beyond the arc. They kept shooting, that's what you have to do when your team uses the three so much. Impressive play by the sophomores Young and Glover. It looks like the future is bright for Franklin.

Whites Creek is so athletic and Grahm is a "Manchild". Maybe you throw a junk D at him,,,,but you can't leave that other cat who hit 27 last night.

Johnson and Nollner, two good coaches going at it. The key will be how the Rebels handle the press if Whites Creek uses a press D.

You have got to think Franklin will shoot better,,,it can't get worse than last night, the scary thing is they misssed 5 "uncontested" layups and 17 threes and still beat a good team.

Should be fun,,the crowd in the first game last night was crazy, that's why HS bball is so great.

Nice call by Jay Johnson on the "intentional free throw play"

Michael Young was the difference in the 4th,,,man,,,he's just a sophomore!!!!

Back to Grahm,,,,the only CHANCE to knock off Whites Creek,,,,,,,stop Jamie, then you have chance.

Not sure who wins this one,,,I'll let the experts pick since I have only been on this board for 10 days.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things.

1. Franklin won't shoot 0-17 from three on Thursday.

2. Jamie should be well rested, didn't do much against Antioch. Plus he had 4 fouls and he actually had to come out of the game(he normally plays the whole game).

Will Franklin play man-man defense? If they do they will try to draw charges on WC, because, the creek will beat any of Franklin defenders one-on-one. Jamie will have a field day too. Depends on how the officials view it. Will Franklin be allowed to hand check(same for WC). Both teams grab cutters going to the basket.

Whites Creek struggled against the motion offense early in the season against Beech. Creek only plays man-man so Franklin will get plenty of scoring opportunities. Which Calvin Roberts(WC) will show up. He had 0 points against Antioch. Obviously F. Laronde stepped up.

Can Josh Eddy neutralize Derek Batts.

Lots of questions............

QUOTE(Metro @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:09 AM) 826392955[/snapback]1989 revisited:

A state championship won by Jay Johnson at the point for Franklin,,,,and Nollner was coaching then at Whites Creek,,,,wow, I did not know that!

He was an assistant. Cornelius Ridley was the head coach that yr.

Cobra: You bring up great questions; what are the chances of the "Creek" coming out and pressing and making FHS work it up full court. The Young kid did pretty well against full court last night. I agree, Franklin WILL NEVER shoot that bad!

Should be fun because pressure is off, both are advancing to Monday, I hope the crowd is as hyped up like it was in the first game last night!

QUOTE(Metro @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826393056[/snapback]Cobra: You bring up great questions; what are the chances of the "Creek" coming out and pressing and making FHS work it up full court. The Young kid did pretty well against full court last night. I agree, Franklin WILL NEVER shoot that bad!

Should be fun because pressure is off, both are advancing to Monday, I hope the crowd is as hyped up like it was in the first game last night!

They may press a little bit, which I think affected Franklin's 3 pt shooting against McGavock.

Neither team wants to go to Clarksville(if Clarksville wins) to try to get to the state.

Franklin's crowd was great.

Congradulations to franklin on making it to substate, the game last night really showed that they can rely on more than just the 3ball and seniors to win a game. if i remember last year franklin made maybe 2 or 3 three's against hunters lane and that was their downfall. Last night franklin showed that they can play with sophmores and they can also play with a deep bench if players get in foul trouble. expect franklin to come out shooting better on thursday, Jay will mostlikely work on working the ball up court against the full court press in preperation for the game against whites creek. if franklin has a better day shooting and they can get past the press, it should be as exciting of a game that there was last night. Also congrats on the sophmores on their outstanding play last night, and Frankin's student section finally came alive after a 5 game leave of apstince. GO REBELS

While Jamie Graham is the heart and soul of the Cobras, you can't ignore the other weapons of the team. Laronde is a deadly shooter who can take advantage of any open space (had 6 three-pointers last night) and Harper is solid on the post. Batt matches up well against Harper, so Franklin needs to pressure the guards and not allow them any room to shoot.

Basicly, the outside game is going to be the biggest factor of this game. Franklin cannot afford to go 0-17 again, especially if Whites Creek goes on a scoring run. I believe whichever team wins the three-point shooting battle will take this game.

Should be a good one. I'm pulling for Franklin, but I think Whites Creek will take it. But then again who knows? This could be Franklin's year.

Should be a good one. I'm pulling for Franklin, but I think Whites Creek will take it. But then again who knows? This could be Franklin's year.

I don't see Franklin beating the Creek, but who knows. With the crowd behind them I think Franklin can do anythng. Worse case, they don't beat Creek, but they will beat Clarksville and make it to the 'Boro

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826393069[/snapback]They may press a little bit, which I think affected Franklin's 3 pt shooting against McGavock.

Neither team wants to go to Clarksville(if Clarksville wins) to try to get to the state.

Franklin's crowd was great.

Yep, the crowd was great last night. That is what HS Hoops is all about IMHO.

FHS avenged one of their four regular season losses last night. Regardless of what happens tonight, they will get to play MJ or Clarksville in the Sub-State and try to avenge another narrow regular season defeat. We went to Clarksville 2 years ago and defeated a Clarksville team that IMHO was actually more talented. So, I don't know how much that home court means. After tomorrow, all the games are being played in "ONE & DONE" land.

GO REBELS" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(FranklinHSfan @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826393175[/snapback]Yep, the crowd was great last night. That is what HS Hoops is all about IMHO.

FHS avenged one of their four regular season losses last night. Regardless of what happens tonight, they will get to play MJ or Clarksville in the Sub-State and try to avenge another narrow regular season defeat. We went to Clarksville 2 years ago and defeated a Clarksville team that IMHO was actually more talented. So, I don't know how much that home court means. After tomorrow, all the games are being played in "ONE & DONE" land.

GO REBELS" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I see this game in the mid 70's,,,,,both teams should be more relaxed and shoot a little better, especially Franklin. Would love to see them drop some tri-fectas and give the "creek" a run. Maybe number 34 will get hot on Thursday!

Looking forward to the game tomorrow night. This is how I see it.

Jamie Graham will be difficult for any one Franklin player to guard. The box and one approach used by Antioch worked pretty well. Maybe Franklin should try that will some modifications. Maybe even a Triangle and two. If Franklin can slow down Graham then it becomes a matter of handling the WC pressure and getting into our half court motion offense. If we can do that we have a real chance to win this one. It will take our best game of the year to beat WC. Good Luck REBELS!

Two great coaches it will be fun to watch the game time adjustments that will be made. Hope its another great game!