Best High School game youve even seen

pops47

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(baseball @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:52 PM) 826395979[/snapback]I agree, I was the ump behind the plate that game. Grundy co pitcher set state tourny record for strikeout's in that game with 17. forgot to back up third on a overthrow for the winning run to score.

Yep he seemed to have everybodys number that game except our lead-off hitter Phillip White who went 4-4 off of him that game...

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:44 AM) 826394865[/snapback]2004 AA State Tourney- Milan vs Grundy Co. Milan went on to win that game and ended up state champions

I will definitely agree to this...both games that Milan and Grundy Co. played were great games from both teams...

I think the south doyle vs farragut elimination game last year was one of the best games i've seen. Bell layed it all on the line and pitched one of his best games of the year after losing his grandfather just a couple days before, unfortunately catapano had a career game himself.It was one of the best games i've ever seen in my life, i love seeing non payed athletes go out and lay it all on the line and thats what both teams did last year.I can't say enough about the players from both teams and the game.

1985 AAA State Championship: McGavock vs Sullivan North

McGavock had the game won and used an illegal pitcher and Sullivan North won the game 7-0 on a protest. The finish of the game was delayed for several hours because no one from the TSSAA was at the game and they could not reach anyone via telephone to rule on the protest. The loss prevented McGavock from being 3X AAA State Champions as they were:

1984 State Champions, 1985 State Runner-up, 1986 State Champions

Mel Brown had McGavock on a roll and would be considered one of the top 5 high school coaches ever in Tennessee.

QUOTE(putboobieincoach @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:43 PM) 826393870[/snapback]creek wood vs. dickson at creek wood last year. county rivals. there had been smack talked back and forth the whole week. a lot of people showed up for the game. the game lasted for ever. it ended in 12 innings with creek wood winning with a suicide squeeze play. real nail biter!!!!

Didn't that game end on a balk with a runner on third? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Marshall Co. at Page this was about 5-7 years ago. It was a region tourney game. The game went ten innings. Marshall Co.'s pitcher went all 10 innings and I believe Page's pitcher went all 10 also. In the top of the tenth, Marshall Co. had runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Brett Spivey hit a grounder to short and the runner on 2nd took off. This created two of the longest run downs I have ever seen. After the guy on 2nd got out, the guy on 3rd took off for home. This created a second run down and Page got him out. After the run down, Spivey took off for 2nd base. The catcher sailed the throw into center field. The problem for Page was the outfielders were in the infield because of the run down. Spivey then scored as Page tried to track down the ball. In the bottom of the inning, Page went 3 up and 3 down ending the game.