WC vs Clarksville NE

monsterball

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game! The size and strength of WC prevailed but NE certainly gave them a run. #23 for NE was phenomenal but WC double teamed her in the 4th qtr and slowed her down. Jenkins was unstoppable inside and is maybe the best I have ever seen with her footwork in the post. Both teams showed great class and sportsmanship. Everything was good except for the idiot fan I sat next to in the WC section. I thought he was going to stroke out in the 4th quarter. Officiating I thought was good, couple of bad calls both ways but overall consistent. WC shot many more free throws than NE because of the inside oriented style they play.

QUOTE(mondo44 @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:59 PM) 826394005[/snapback]Good game! The size and strength of WC prevailed but NE certainly gave them a run. #23 for NE was phenomenal but WC double teamed her in the 4th qtr and slowed her down. Jenkins was unstoppable inside and is maybe the best I have ever seen with her footwork in the post. Both teams showed great class and sportsmanship. Everything was good except for the idiot fan I sat next to in the WC section. I thought he was going to stroke out in the 4th quarter. Officiating I thought was good, couple of bad calls both ways but overall consistent. WC shot many more free throws than NE because of the inside oriented style they play.

Okay, WC fans, tell the truth. How many felt you might be the "idiot fan" about to "stroke out" when you read this comment? Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one, /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> but personally, I thought the officiating was consistently poor throughout the game, but extremely bad the last 2 minutes. They tried their hardest to keep NE in the game. That being said, NE has an extremely good team, one that has been overlooked this season. Go Lady Wildcats!

Congrats WC. As a native Clarksvillian, I was hoping that Evans and team could pull this out. WC showed their true dominance in AAA by winning this game. As far as the MJ transfers... Christopher and Burroughs will be on the court the majority of the time next year. I love watching Chelsea Burroughs play, and look forward to her impact next year. Good luck WC. Now that Clarksville NE is out of the picture, I'm rooting for you all the way!

QUOTE(SayWhut? @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826394142[/snapback]Okay, WC fans, tell the truth. How many felt you might be the "idiot fan" about to "stroke out" when you read this comment? Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one, /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> but personally, I thought the officiating was consistently poor throughout the game, but extremely bad the last 2 minutes. They tried their hardest to keep NE in the game. That being said, NE has an extremely good team, one that has been overlooked this season. Go Lady Wildcats!

Ha ha. I noticed the Wilson Central fans getting angry, but with reason. Trying to run the clock, Wilson Central dribbled around, but instead of getting fouls called, they got shoved & the referees called carries.

Don't forget about the Northeast section. They were in the game & cheering, but had some nasty comments being thrown out there.

Wilson Central kept having slow starts, but then when they got into the game Northeast couldn't stop them.

Evans...definately hard to stop her shooting. Even when being heavily guarded she made 3's from an incredible range.

Something I've noticed throughout the tournament- the referees are not watching the shooters very well after a shot. [they must watch the ball] The shooters have a tendency to fall back, even if not pushed, & the foul is called.

QUOTE(Morton @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826394191[/snapback]Congrats WC. As a native Clarksvillian, I was hoping that Evans and team could pull this out. WC showed their true dominance in AAA by winning this game. As far as the MJ transfers... Christopher and Burroughs will be on the court the majority of the time next year. I love watching Chelsea Burroughs play, and look forward to her impact next year. Good luck WC. Now that Clarksville NE is out of the picture, I'm rooting for you all the way!

Clarksville-Northeast is not out of the picture. There is the sub-state and they have an exellent chance to move on to the state tournament.