IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

QUOTE(devsrev @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:01 AM) 826445935[/snapback]There was a game Central was playing when the downpour came and Central was winning 9-0. However, the coach did not want to get his ACE pitcher hurt nor any of the other players so he had her pitch batting practice basically so they could put the ball in play to get the outs. It was way to slippery to risk her slipping and hurting her ankle or back with districts back home nearing. Fortunately for that team they got some hits but it was worth giving up some runs in order to not hurt any players.

this conversation is pointless

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(devsrev @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826445942[/snapback]So why are you in it.....................Merely stating facts to support Lance's earlier comment.

I'm not sure why a Knox Central homer is on th 2-AAA board anyway, you all will get a chance to handle your business in a couple weeks, no need to stir up the pot right now

Kandice is fast but if she is throwing 68 with movement, why is she getting hit??? At the high school level????? Radar guns have a way to be adjusted up or down, they have this feature, as sometimes they can , over time , register too slow or too fast. Maybe the gun needs to be adjusted. Also if anything else is moving in the area, like a bat, it can pick up bat speed as well. Just a guess. I would guess Kandice to be at 63. Maybe 64. Truely if she was 68 with movement and control, she would have been invited to USA Junior Olympic Team tryouts in Chula Vista, Ca last August. She is an amazing pitcher, one of the best in state of her class, but I dont see her at 68 mph.

QUOTE(fastpitch101 @ Apr 26 2007 - 12:12 PM) 826445996[/snapback]Kandice is fast but if she is throwing 68 with movement, why is she getting hit??? At the high school level????? Radar guns have a way to be adjusted up or down, they have this feature, as sometimes they can , over time , register too slow or too fast. Maybe the gun needs to be adjusted. Also if anything else is moving in the area, like a bat, it can pick up bat speed as well. Just a guess. I would guess Kandice to be at 63. Maybe 64. Truely if she was 68 with movement and control, she would have been invited to USA Junior Olympic Team tryouts in Chula Vista, Ca last August. She is an amazing pitcher, one of the best in state of her class, but I dont see her at 68 mph.

Well I have seen 3 different college guns on her and that was last summer and she was at 66 drop curve. So I guess the college guns

need to be adjusted too....Not.....Give the girl credit....oh did I mention that was at 43 feet.....hmmmm.....and let me see that was against some girls

that played on the Northwestern team that made it to the NCAA finals also some SEC Georgia girls....by the way they didn't make it on base. I think she is throwing harder than ever and you know what they say

"A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then"....

If you stick your bat out every now and then you might get lucky..... good grief don't be jealous just honest!

As far as this topic well don't be talking about Kandice over here if you don't know the facts!!!!

Now back to the IMAC...You guys have a great Region and there are alot of talented girls that I have watched play and grow up so Good Luck to ALL of them!!!!

QUOTE(billybobparker @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:54 AM) 826445879[/snapback]I have doubts that Irwin is throwing 67-68 and Whitehead is throwing 61. More like 60-61 for Irwin and 56-57 for Whitehead.

I have clocked Pokey in the past at 60-61, but that was over a year ago. Don't know about Irwin. I did see Cat earlier in the year at Hendersonville and was told the radar guns behind home plate were ringing up 65-66. I would have to say that she is the best I have seen in High School.

QUOTE(VCR @ Apr 26 2007 - 02:44 PM) 826446019[/snapback]Well I have seen 3 different college guns on her and that was last summer and she was at 66 drop curve. So I guess the college guns

need to be adjusted too....Not.....Give the girl credit....oh did I mention that was at 43 feet.....hmmmm.....and let me see that was against some girls

that played on the Northwestern team that made it to the NCAA finals also some SEC Georgia girls....by the way they didn't make it on base. I think she is throwing harder than ever and you know what they say

"A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then"....

If you stick your bat out every now and then you might get lucky..... good grief don't be jealous just honest!

As far as this topic well don't be talking about Kandice over here if you don't know the facts!!!!

Now back to the IMAC...You guys have a great Region and there are alot of talented girls that I have watched play and grow up so Good Luck to ALL of them!!!!

What point are you trying to make about it being 43 feet? That wouldn't have any bearing on the speed of the pitch.

QUOTE(Lance @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826445434[/snapback]Statman - TN - mwtfan: Your stat history is riviting. Who is Dale Murphy?

Just kidding -- I enjoyed following the "Smurf", but I did not keep track of his stats. I may not appreciate the game as much as you boys. Either that or I have a life -- just funning. I actually learned something new on the subject of earned runs. Don't know that I care -- but I learned.

I don't recall Murphy /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> , but I do remember Cey at 3rd, Russell at Short, Lopes at 2nd, Garvey at 1st and Yeager behind the plate.

QUOTE(fastpitch101 @ Apr 26 2007 - 12:55 PM) 826446032[/snapback]66 is not 68, and if a pitcher can strike out all top players they face, they should play in the SEC, Pac 10, Big 10, or Big 12. The top SEC team is right down the street from you guys.

Don't be jealous......fastpitch101.....life is to short....I have seen 68 this year and 66 was at 43 feet....you do the math...Besides why can't you be happy?

She was approached by some of those conferences but she made the choice of going to UTC because she obviously liked it there.

I am glad to see Katie Jett, Trish Mazzenso playing for ETSU and you know what (if you haven't heard) Katie went yard on

Monica......sooooo conference's don't mean nothing to me......Getting a college education and playing where you want is what Its about. Now back on Subject....

Science Hill, Morristown East are my picks from this Region