IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

QUOTE(raiderray @ Apr 26 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826445744[/snapback]What, if any, is the importance of tonight's West - Jeff game? Is 2nd place on the line for Jeff? I haven't been following the wins and losses closely, and my local (DZ dig here, /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> LOL) sports page doesn't try to print softball and baseball standings.

Good Luck Lady Pats!

If East beats Cherokee -- then those two will be in a tie for second. I think Jeff could make it a three way if they win vs West. If East loses, then all is mute for Cherokee will be second. It is a big day in the IMAC to say the least.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TNsoftballfan @ Apr 26 2007 - 06:36 AM) 826445713[/snapback]First I want everyone to understand that what I put on here is merely my OPINION and/or PREDICTION (Lance).....and by the way I love any opportunity to voice my opinion!!!! Which most of you could and/or should care less about.

I did say that Gilbert MIGHT be unhittable by her senior year.

As we know a good pitcher learns the most from game experience and MY OPINION is that the more games she pitches the more she will mature and learn. I feel she will pick up some speed and definitely will fine tune that arsenal of pitches she has before her senior year. As a sophomore she has already proved to be one of the top pitchers in East TN....and once again MY OPINION...the state. Most of the games that she loses are caused by those pesty ERRORS.

I PREDICT that we will be hearing "more" great things about Miss Gilbert!!!!

FYI...I am not in any way related to her....I am just a big FAN and love to watch her in action!!!! Just as I love to watch Pokey, India, Katie,Tori, Dyer and any pitcher that has worked hard to get better!!!!!

Settle down TNsoftball fan. No harm intended towards your opinion and especially to Gilbert. I appreciate your opinion. When it comes to pitching its easier to find fiction than fact. I want to know what development others have experienced. I have seen some development, but rarely anything earth shattering. Try not to take me too serious -- I'm full of myself.

QUOTE(The Final Chapter @ Mar 28 2007 - 11:58 AM) 826424868[/snapback]Irwin is the best.....but please be realistic with your estimates.....low to mid 70's????? She throws in the mid 60's and that is still faster than 99 percent of the girls in the state. But...even with the speed....it's the moooovement that gets you with Irwin. Just try and hit that drop/curve as it falls off the table!

Kandace has been clocked recently at around 67-68......that's the realistic speed. And you are very right on the money when you talk about her drop curve!!!

QUOTE(raiderray @ Apr 26 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826445744[/snapback]What, if any, is the importance of tonight's West - Jeff game? Is 2nd place on the line for Jeff? I haven't been following the wins and losses closely, and my local (DZ dig here, /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> LOL) sports page doesn't try to print softball and baseball standings.

Good Luck Lady Pats!

Ill keep that in mind for next year RR /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Id be safe to say you wont find them in the tribunal either lol

But i keep the bball standings up to date most of the time, that should keep you half way satisfied ... and btw, now that you are out of hiding, what happened to you being the baseball beat writer this year /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Cherokee has three district losses, jeff county and east four each. Looks like jeff county will be involved in a coin flip no matter what

QUOTE(Lance @ Apr 26 2007 - 07:55 AM) 826445765[/snapback]Settle down TNsoftball fan. No harm intended towards your opinion and especially to Gilbert. I appreciate your opinion. When it comes to pitching its easier to find fiction than fact. I want to know what development others have experienced. I have seen some development, but rarely anything earth shattering. Try not to take me too serious -- I'm full of myself.

No harm taken...just loving the fact that the IMAC is full of great players and teams that cause the opinionated to step up!!!!!

These coin flips are becoming second nature for the IMAC.....YOU GOT TO LOVE IT!!!!!

QUOTE(Lance @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826445476[/snapback]On the subject of pitching -- I read comment about Gilbert being unhittable as a Senior if she kept improving. I've seen the Pokester in action and rumors of a fastball exceeding 70 mph.

It seems to me that low 50's is more common than high 50's. What I'm getting at -- is how much have any of you really seen pitching improve (ie speed). A good pitcher working hard can improve her skill and certainly can add a pitch or two to make her tougher. Rarely have I seen a pitcher offer dramatic change from Freshman to Senior. They get a little bigger - stronger, but I don't see speed changing that much. I'm wondering what most have seen. I've seen a Freshman that throws 58 mph and is throwing 55 as a Senior.

To read on the subject -- some pitches require 3 years or better to master (IE rise ball), not to mention they need to exceed a certain velocity. How many enter high school, continuing to work on their game.

I guess it just seems the exception rather than the rule. How much better will Cherokee pitcher get for example.

Finally -- as far as being unhittable -- I saw Candice Irwin get hammered for 7 runs a couple of weeks ago and she is as good as I have seen this year.

Anyway -- what have you seen? mwtfan -- I believe you coach -- what have you seen?

I am curious as to what game you think you saw Kandace Irwin get hammered 7-0? I don't believe there has been one, please let me know what game you thought you were at? Central has lost a game 7-0 but not with Kandace Irwin pitching the entire game. Were you possibly at Hall's a few weeks ago. Irwin didn't complete the game due to the fact that the defense behind her couldn't cleanly field or catch a ball so why should the coach pitch his best when his best wasn't behind her. There were 4 errors in 1 inning that caused 3 runs to score, however you didn't see that in the papers because the stats weren't reported correctly. Central simply did not show up to play ball that night and the errors proved it!!!!

The Jefferson Vs. West game will be GOOD regardless of any standings. Jefferson plays hard/good but plays harder/better when they play West because of the transfer student from last year, A.W. aka POKEY. Guess she should have been at Jefferson all this time is what some think. And Jefferson play's HARD all the time but plays HARDER when they play her (WEST)

Never know what might happen ANYONE'S GAME!

And as far as speed -pokey has got it (58-61) but you wont see it as much as you will see her move a ball. She moves a ball WELL!! Speed is not everything but IT HELPS.

A good team can bunt all day off of fastballs and play shortball and WIN. MOVEMENT MOVEMENT .

And the two best pitchers I have seen move a ball in this area is Candice Irwin and Pokey. They both will make you chase balls. And if you get up on the plate I know neither one of them is afraid to back you off it cause these two girls can place a ball where they want it.

But hands down Candice is the faster of the two, Don’t know anyone around here in East Tenn. that throws faster! But both girls are getting the job done look at their records. Keep up the good work girls. Cant wait to see you both in the college headlines soon! They both graduate this year---- congratulations.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!

QUOTE(devsrev @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:22 AM) 826445795[/snapback]I am curious as to what game you think you saw Kandace Irwin get hammered 7-0? I don't believe there has been one, please let me know what game you thought you were at? Central has lost a game 7-0 but not with Kandace Irwin pitching the entire game. Were you possibly at Hall's a few weeks ago. Irwin didn't complete the game due to the fact that the defense behind her couldn't cleanly field or catch a ball so why should the coach pitch his best when his best wasn't behind her. There were 4 errors in 1 inning that caused 3 runs to score, however you didn't see that in the papers because the stats weren't reported correctly. Central simply did not show up to play ball that night and the errors proved it!!!!

Central won easily or way ahead -- just surprised she got hit at all. I believe the team was out of Virginia, but it was during the Eastmon tourney. Rain had started too -- so not sure of the impact.

QUOTE(billybobparker @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826445879[/snapback]I have doubts that Irwin is throwing 67-68 and Whitehead is throwing 61. More like 60-61 for Irwin and 56-57 for Whitehead.

Do you doubt the radar guns.................ask the pitcher's Dad from Oak Ridge that clocked Kandace Irwin. I was sitting behind the radar gun when he held it up and showed it to us including her mother with whom I was sitting. Give credit where credit is due!

QUOTE(Lance @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826445835[/snapback]Central won easily or way ahead -- just surprised she got hit at all. I believe the team was out of Virginia, but it was during the Eastmon tourney. Rain had started too -- so not sure of the impact.

There was a game Central was playing when the downpour came and Central was winning 9-0. However, the coach did not want to get his ACE pitcher hurt nor any of the other players so he had her pitch batting practice basically so they could put the ball in play to get the outs. It was way to slippery to risk her slipping and hurting her ankle or back with districts back home nearing. Fortunately for that team they got some hits but it was worth giving up some runs in order to not hurt any players.