IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VCR @ Apr 26 2007 - 05:08 PM) 826446126[/snapback]Don't be jealous......fastpitch101.....life is to short....I have seen 68 this year and 66 was at 43 feet....you do the math...Besides why can't you be happy?

She was approached by some of those conferences but she made the choice of going to UTC because she obviously liked it there.

I am glad to see Katie Jett, Trish Mazzenso playing for ETSU and you know what (if you haven't heard) Katie went yard on

Monica......sooooo conference's don't mean nothing to me......Getting a college education and playing where you want is what Its about. Now back on Subject....

Science Hill, Morristown East are my picks from this Region

What math? Are you timing pitches with a stopwatch?

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Apr 26 2007 - 04:25 PM) 826446168[/snapback]What math? Are you timing pitches with a stopwatch?

We're having big fun now.

mwtfan -- funny story -- coach told me couple of years ago that his daughter threw much faster from 40 feet than 35. I said -- Heck man -- when we play you -- i'll let you pitch her from 50.

IMAC intruders -- no worries -- we have greatest respect for Irwin. Best I've seen anyway.

RAIN OUT -- SO SAD -- Suspense builds for Monday.

I personally clocked Irwin this passed weekend and she was hitting 67-69 every pitch, Also clocked her at many different innings and her speed never fell. Her movement is awesome and she can throw anyone off.

I have seen lots of girls throwing 60-62 in this area, Last fall at a College recruiting camp they had 4 college coaches with four different guns clocking at the same pitches were all these guns were almost everytime the same. Here are some of the girls in the area that were posted of average pitches of 60-61mph.

Cheri Monday-Seymour

Shelly Fagg-Heritage

Daniele Thomas-Gibbs

Lauren Varsolanos-Karns

So that speed seems to be an average against some of the contenders in the area high schools. Movement means everything and defense is what helps against the average ERA for pitchers.

Irwin is all that I would love to see some of the parents just try to hit her without putting out a back from swinging so hard. LOL

Good Luck to all teams closing up season to head into District games in Two weeks

QUOTE(softballrules @ Apr 26 2007 - 07:13 PM) 826446197[/snapback]I personally clocked Irwin this passed weekend and she was hitting 67-69 every pitch, Also clocked her at many different innings and her speed never fell. Her movement is awesome and she can throw anyone off.

I have seen lots of girls throwing 60-62 in this area, Last fall at a College recruiting camp they had 4 college coaches with four different guns clocking at the same pitches were all these guns were almost everytime the same. Here are some of the girls in the area that were posted of average pitches of 60-61mph.

Cheri Monday-Seymour

Shelly Fagg-Heritage

Daniele Thomas-Gibbs

Lauren Varsolanos-Karns

So that speed seems to be an average against some of the contenders in the area high schools. Movement means everything and defense is what helps against the average ERA for pitchers.

Irwin is all that I would love to see some of the parents just try to hit her without putting out a back from swinging so hard. LOL

Good Luck to all teams closing up season to head into District games in Two weeks

Softballrules,

Notionally, your post seems to hold credibility. I have seen two of the four from the list above and would agree that 60-61 seems right. I would also place top pitchers for several other contenders in the same range from the district 2 area.

Pokey - Morristown West

Gilbert - Cherokee

Taylor - Morristown East

Brabson - Rutledge

Some of these, I know from holding the 'tuned with a tuning fork" Juggs gun myself. The others I'm simply comparing. I'm sure there are many others all over the state.

What is interesting to me is that when you go over that threshold:

Erwin - Central (+ 5 to 8 depending on the real number...I haven't seen her in a couple years)

Waters - Soddy (+ 3 or 4 ... what I was told at Soddy)

Jackson - Science Hill (+ 2 or 3 ... comparisons)

Hosfield - Riverdale (+ 4 or 5)

Then you get division I scholarships at UTC, Southern Illinois, Wright State and UT respectively.

I would like to know how significant the development of this group was after getting to high school?

Just curious.

QUOTE(statman3 @ Apr 26 2007 - 06:30 PM) 826446260[/snapback]Softballrules,

Notionally, your post seems to hold credibility. I have seen two of the four from the list above and would agree that 60-61 seems right. I would also place top pitchers for several other contenders in the same range from the district 2 area.

Pokey - Morristown West

Gilbert - Cherokee

Taylor - Morristown East

Brabson - Rutledge

Some of these, I know from holding the 'tuned with a tuning fork" Juggs gun myself. The others I'm simply comparing. I'm sure there are many others all over the state.

What is interesting to me is that when you go over that threshold:

Erwin - Central (+ 5 to 8 depending on the real number...I haven't seen her in a couple years)

Waters - Soddy (+ 3 or 4 ... what I was told at Soddy)

Jackson - Science Hill (+ 2 or 3 ... comparisons)

Hosfield - Riverdale (+ 4 or 5)

Then you get division I scholarships at UTC, Southern Illinois, Wright State and UT respectively.

I would like to know how significant the development of this group was after getting to high school?

Just curious.

Statman -- thanks for getting us back on the question: How have high school pitchers developed from Freshman year. Any input is greatly appreciated.

QUOTE(Lance @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:07 PM) 826446359[/snapback]Statman -- thanks for getting us back on the question: How have high school pitchers developed from Freshman year. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I have been a fan of softball in the IMAC for years. My personal conclusion on pitcher developement is that most do not improve velocity significantly, but improvement comes from pitchinig knowledge, confidence, and improved abilitiy to locate pitches. Take Pokey for example. I think she has lost a little velocity from last season (my opinion,no radar gun involved), but control and movement has kept her at the top of the game. Taylor throws the hardest followed by Hill from JCHS (just ask Cherokee), but still no change from what I have seen since Taylor was a Freshman. The IMAC may boast the most diversity from the pitching ranks in the state. Whitehead i.e. Pokey from West (senior), Dyer from Cherokee (senior), Gilbert from Cherokee (sophmore),Taylor from East (junior),Ellison from East (senior),Hill from Jefferson (freshman) any one of these girls could start just about anywhere in TN (except Central). I knew I had better throw that in there just to keep the non-IMACians quiet. How many conferances can say they may have 6 possible college recruits on the mound in one season? GO IMAC!!!! One personal observation from several years around the ballpark is a pitcher is only as good as her catcher. Who do you think is the top catchers in the IMAC? All opinions welcome.

QUOTE(JC#1fan @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826446729[/snapback]I have been a fan of softball in the IMAC for years. My personal conclusion on pitcher developement is that most do not improve velocity significantly, but improvement comes from pitchinig knowledge, confidence, and improved abilitiy to locate pitches. Take Pokey for example. I think she has lost a little velocity from last season (my opinion,no radar gun involved), but control and movement has kept her at the top of the game. Taylor throws the hardest followed by Hill from JCHS (just ask Cherokee), but still no change from what I have seen since Taylor was a Freshman. The IMAC may boast the most diversity from the pitching ranks in the state. Whitehead i.e. Pokey from West (senior), Dyer from Cherokee (senior), Gilbert from Cherokee (sophmore),Taylor from East (junior),Ellison from East (senior),Hill from Jefferson (freshman) any one of these girls could start just about anywhere in TN (except Central). I knew I had better throw that in there just to keep the non-IMACians quiet. How many conferances can say they may have 6 possible college recruits on the mound in one season? GO IMAC!!!! One personal observation from several years around the ballpark is a pitcher is only as good as her catcher. Who do you think is the top catchers in the IMAC? All opinions welcome.

This one's easy, as far as where they are in their development as a player and as a team leader - hands down - Jackson.

Not sure that I would concur that Hill is the 2nd fastest pitcher in the conference. Although I have said before that I think she's going to be a really good one over the next 4 years. Just curious - have you ever clocked her or heard what she's been clocked at?

I would agree with your assessment of a pitcher's development in high school and also that the IMAC has some pretty darn good pitching.

I would agree that Kaela Jackson is one of the best I've seen. Not only is she a good hitter, great catcher, and team leader... but she's an all around great kid!!!! I'm sure she'll go very far in her college career.

Now, as far as Irwin goes. All the talk about her being clocked anywhere from 66-70, I'm sorry but that a stretch. If she does really throw that fast, did UT, Georgia, Florida or any of the other big colleges come talk to her? I totally agree, getting your college education comes first, but I just find it hard to believe that she throws that hard and none of these colleges have talked with her. I AM NOT taking anything away from this young lady because I haven't seen her pitch. She may be one of the best pitchers in the state, I don't know. I hope to get so see her pitch for myself with the tournaments coming up! Again, I'm not taking anything away from her, it's just kind of hard to believe.

QUOTE(luv2play @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826446856[/snapback]I would agree that Kaela Jackson is one of the best I've seen. Not only is she a good hitter, great catcher, and team leader... but she's an all around great kid!!!! I'm sure she'll go very far in her college career.

Now, as far as Irwin goes. All the talk about her being clocked anywhere from 66-70, I'm sorry but that a stretch. If she does really throw that fast, did UT, Georgia, Florida or any of the other big colleges come talk to her? I totally agree, getting your college education comes first, but I just find it hard to believe that she throws that hard and none of these colleges have talked with her. I AM NOT taking anything away from this young lady because I haven't seen her pitch. She may be one of the best pitchers in the state, I don't know. I hope to get so see her pitch for myself with the tournaments coming up! Again, I'm not taking anything away from her, it's just kind of hard to believe.

So Why make a statement you know nothing about? All I will say is Congrats to Kandice and the other girls that work hard at something

they LOVE!!! If UT and the other SEC teams have missed out on a good thing then that is their problem. Nobody ever heard of Northwestern before

last year? Maybe UTC will be in the mix soon too.....