Referee stops game for leg cramp

SNIPER

Question???? Have you ever heard of this?

Sequatchie is driving to the hole, a Mcminn player grabs her calf and cryes, the Referee calls a time out. Have you ever? Nobody can stop the play for a calf cramp, can they? But the Referee did, just as they were driving in for a layup. The Referee that was bald on top I think had to many friends on the McMinn side that he was talking to, thats the side I was on, and I thought He was pushing it just a little bite trying to call the game and visit.

But now get this, their in the 4th quarter everything is neck and neck, and Sequatchie is driving to the hole for a layup and he stopes the game for a leg cramp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If she'd been in the lane and could have been stepped on, I can see it, but she was out on the wing, maybe even past the three point line, completely away from the action. The girl was taking it to the basket from the foul line. This wasn't the reason Sequatchie lost but it sure didn't help when neither team led by more than four the entire game. My question would be what would he have done if this was with three seconds left in the game and a team was going in for a winning shot? And she certainly had a cramp, if anyone is thinking it's being implied she was faking.

QUOTE(SNIPER @ Mar 1 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826395296[/snapback]Question???? Have you ever heard of this?

Sequatchie is driving to the hole, a Mcminn player grabs her calf and cryes, the Referee calls a time out. Have you ever? Nobody can stop the play for a calf cramp, can they? But the Referee did, just as they were driving in for a layup. The Referee that was bald on top I think had to many friends on the McMinn side that he was talking to, thats the side I was on, and I thought He was pushing it just a little bite trying to call the game and visit.

But now get this, their in the 4th quarter everything is neck and neck, and Sequatchie is driving to the hole for a layup and he stopes the game for a leg cramp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off if the bald guy new any of the McMinn "CENTRAL" people and liked them, he would not have fouled out the top player. Also if he was one of our Dist. 5 Refs, we would have lost that game by 30 points. I have loved the calling we have seen in the district and region compared to what we have to deal with in regular season. The girl went down hard and held her leg, at first I thought she had torn another ACL. Good job for thinking of "safety first" !

It wasn't really a fast break, Sequatchie had set up the offense and the guard drove to the basket from the top. While this was going on, a girl playing defense out on the wing went to the floor. I don't want to make too much of this because both teams played really hard and deserved to win, but it's what happened. With a game that close, each shot, call, missed free throw, walk, and any other mistake or good play was critical.

If she was not near the play, they should have waited till...a)a basket was made, b)someone gained position on the rebound, c) the player stopped her drive....I know I am going to get screamed at for safety first...and I agree, but if she was not near the play he should have waited. I have seen girls go down in a half court set, and the referee would run and stand by her, to protect her until the play was done, just in case the play came her way.