TSSAA SALARY

oleagle

JUST WONDERING WHAT KIND OF MONEY DO THE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR TSSAA MAKE? FROM MR. CARTER TO THE LOCAL REFS. I AM NOT SAYING THEY DON'T EARN IT. JUST WONDERING HOW YOU APPLY FOR ONE OF THESE JOBS AND HOW MUCH ONE COULD EXPECT TO MAKE. ALSO HOW MANY PEOPLE WORK FOR TSSAA.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(oleagle @ Mar 1 2007 - 03:21 PM) 826395361[/snapback]JUST WONDERING WHAT KIND OF MONEY DO THE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR TSSAA MAKE? FROM MR. CARTER TO THE LOCAL REFS. I AM NOT SAYING THEY DON'T EARN IT. JUST WONDERING HOW YOU APPLY FOR ONE OF THESE JOBS AND HOW MUCH ONE COULD EXPECT TO MAKE. ALSO HOW MANY PEOPLE WORK FOR TSSAA.

Refs are paid by the schools.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 4 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826399183[/snapback]I wonder if the district 12aa tournament did well or not this year in McNairy. Seemed like attendence was down from past years.

And it seemed like the regional in Waverly was down also.......just my observation.

The attendance was down because the format is stupid. There is no way region 6 should have been at Waverly, it was a terrible atmosphere for basketball. First of all you should not be able to lose 3 games, and still be able to win a state championship. The substate games should be at a central location for each region, played on the same day, starting in the afternoon, like the state tournament. The state tournament has a good atmosphere, but the road to the tournament is very boring. Ronnie Carter should seek advice from Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois instead of his pockets. If you build a great atmosphere the money will come. I am from Indiana and the atmosphere is awesome. Somebody please help this man. It's about the kids and parents, not Ronnie Carter's pockets. From a dissapointed fan.

it needs to be about the players & students (who by the way can not afford to go to all the games if their team continues to win) but as long as it fills the "big mans pockets" dont guess he cares. maybe he should take a cut charge less for students to get attendance up and get more $ for refs so they can get some better ones for the whole year.

QUOTE(unc4life @ Mar 4 2007 - 12:22 PM) 826399341[/snapback]it needs to be about the players & students (who by the way can not afford to go to all the games if their team continues to win) but as long as it fills the "big mans pockets" dont guess he cares. maybe he should take a cut charge less for students to get attendance up and get more $ for refs so they can get some better ones for the whole year.

I agree, a student should get in discounted, after all this whole format was to "benefit the student" Also, to get better officiating, they should go back to 2 refs.

QUOTE(coacht @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826399387[/snapback]All of these decisions are made by the Board of Control and the Legislative Council, which are chosen by your schools, not by the staff at the TSSAA.

what decisions?? pricing...how many refs?? quality of refs??? layout of the tournament... please do tell more. how is this board chosen?

QUOTE(unc4life @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:17 PM) 826399392[/snapback]what decisions?? pricing...how many refs?? quality of refs??? layout of the tournament... please do tell more. how is this board chosen?

Yes, all of those decisions. The schools select a representative for their district and he votes according to what the schools tell him. Usually they are prinicpals.

TSSAA

I think in your district the rep is Jerry Mathis, Tullahoma High School, Tullahoma