Class A Sub-State Preview

ptguard12

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RCSportsStringer @ Mar 2 2007 - 05:06 PM) 826397284[/snapback]I think the Greenback/Cloudland game could be the best of all the sub-state showdowns. I've seen Greenback play a few times this year and Hammontree and Butcher are pretty solid players so Cloudland is gonna have a battle on their hands.

Greenback will definitely be ready to play. How likely are we to get unbiased officiating? Last year at Hampton we never had chance. We had Hampton fans apologizing in the parking lot because they were embarrassed at the obvious "home cooking" and the Knoxville News Sentinel even focused on the officiating in their coverage of the game. This group of girls have worked very hard to get this far. It will be a shame if they continue to play the way they have the last few weeks and don't at least get a fair shot.

QUOTE(keemom @ Mar 2 2007 - 05:18 PM) 826397291[/snapback]Greenback will definitely be ready to play. How likely are we to get unbiased officiating? Last year at Hampton we never had chance. We had Hampton fans apologizing in the parking lot because they were embarrassed at the obvious "home cooking" and the Knoxville News Sentinel even focused on the officiating in their coverage of the game. This group of girls have worked very hard to get this far. It will be a shame if they continue to play the way they have the last few weeks and don't at least get a fair shot.

Then I guess it was the refs that scored twice as many as you guys did? No. Greenback didn't deserve to win that game, and they didn't... And how do you get home cooking in sub-state? Keemom, dear, refs for sub-state come from regions 3 and 4... Greenback wins this year by 6.

QUOTE(keemom @ Mar 2 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826397291[/snapback]Greenback will definitely be ready to play. How likely are we to get unbiased officiating? Last year at Hampton we never had chance. We had Hampton fans apologizing in the parking lot because they were embarrassed at the obvious "home cooking" and the Knoxville News Sentinel even focused on the officiating in their coverage of the game. This group of girls have worked very hard to get this far. It will be a shame if they continue to play the way they have the last few weeks and don't at least get a fair shot.

it may have been bad officiating but not home cookng,the refs are not even from the home team and often times we blame the refs when its not justified.I've never seen a visiting team loose a close game and someone don't blame the ref,and I'll guarantee you there was calls you got during the game that you thought was good and the other side said was terrible.Take care of business and 99% of time you'll win when your suspose to

QUOTE(auntkim @ Mar 2 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826397000[/snapback]Ok danba, you're good until you get to Forrest vs Jackson County........rewind to last year, same result ( I hope), then Forrest vs C'range for the title and........ FORREST takes back to back State Titles!!!!!!!!!!!......... read the March 11th headlines in the Sunday paper.......ok this is my dream....... and I hope the girls make my dream, but more importantly THEIR DREAM a reality.......lots of basketball to be played........Good luck to all teams GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!! One game at a time, start with Moore Co and give it your all.......

auntkim give your friends in 7a a little love and don't beat us all again,collinwood and gleason and forest all are capable of winning it but my hearts with JC first then C'range and I believe one or both could be there at the end

QUOTE(senator @ Mar 2 2007 - 07:43 PM) 826397548[/snapback]auntkim give your friends in 7a a little love and don't beat us all again,collinwood and gleason and forest all are capable of winning it but my hearts with JC first then C'range and I believe one or both could be there at the end

No love this time of year.......... unless it's tough love /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Seriously though, I am not even from 7A but I am proud of JC and the season they have had, they have just come on so much the second half of the season.....Good luck to y'all up there, hope to see you at the 'boro cause that will mean we made it there too!!!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 2 2007 - 03:13 PM) 826397235[/snapback]Here we go again with this 7A talk. There are alot of good teams left. Dont count out Trinity, Gleason, Collinwood or Oliver Springs. The Trinity/Collinwood winner will give Clark Range all they want. And Jackson County will never get by Gleason or Forrest, just my opinion..

It is for sure we all have our opinions about these games and are hopeful for our teams. And I respect each one of us for that. I don't believe that Collinwood, Oliver Springs, Gleason, or Forrest have played the schedule that Jackson County and Clarkrange have played. I also believe that Clarkrange had played more 2A and 3A teams than Jackson County. Look at the showing that Clarkrange made in the early part of the season against these Powerhouse teams. The ones that are now fixing to be champs in their divisions. I believe when any of these 1A teams come up against Clarkrange it will be their last night in Murfreesboro. Lamar Rogers is set to win the state Championship again this year. That will be an average of 1 every 3 years for the last 30 years. If I were a coach of any of these other teams, I would understand what I was up against. But after everything is said the real issue is that all the games are healthy and everyone go home thinking they got a fair deal. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(thelma @ Mar 2 2007 - 08:31 AM) 826396593[/snapback]Great Job PG12! I always enjoy your usually unbiased posts. I know this is far ahead and you dont want to overlook your current opponent but by your predicitions Collinwood would play TCA in the first round of the State Tourney next week. I'm curious to know your thoughts on how those two match up. Also, as the brackets fall, who do you see with the best chance to take the title this year? Collinwood and Clarkrange are in the same bracket, but Jackson County, Gleason and Forest all fall into the bottom bracket together. Do you have time to offer a prediction? Thanks for your time and enlightening thoughts. Come to Collinwood tomorrow night if you have the chance!

There is a possibility that I might be in Collinwood tonight. I will either be there, at Forrest/Moore County, or TCA/Lake County. I've seen all of these teams play this year except MTCS and I would like to see them play even though I think their game against Collinwood would be the least interesting game of the three I am choosing between.

As for a State Tournament prediction---I'll probably post a run-down of the first round State Tournament games Sunday night.

QUOTE(blueeagle @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:03 AM) 826396651[/snapback]PT12

if you're a betting man, i wll take unaka and the 19 points. knowing the way they play defense, i can see this game being in the high 20's or low 30's.

Oliver Springs has only scored in the 30's three times this year and those games were against Knoxville Webb (33), Cookeville (37), and Clarkrange (37); all of which are top tier teams. The rest of the year the Lady Cats have been scoring mainly in the 50's and 60's. Unless Unaka is planning on stalling or holding the ball, then I do not see this happening. But you never know; anything is possible?

QUOTE(danba @ Mar 2 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826396936[/snapback]Class A Sub-State

Collinwood Over Middle Tennessee Christian School

Trinity Christian Academy over Lake County

Oliver Springs over Unaka

Clarkrange over Temple

Gleason over Scotts Hill

Forrest over Moore County

Cloudland over Greenback

Jackson County over Grace Baptist Academy

Will this be the first round of the state games ?

Collinwood Vs. Trinity Christian Academy

Oliver Springs Vs. Clarkrange

Gleason Vs. Forrest

Jackson CountyVs. Cloudland

Will this be the second round of the state games?

Collinwood Vs. Clarkrange

Forrest Vs. Jackson County

Will this be the third Round of the state games?

Clarkrange Vs. Jackson County

Will this be the state Champion?

Clarkrange

What is some ideas on this subject?

LOOKS GOOD wouldn't change a thing /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />