DHS - COACH

NO.1TROJAN

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Did anyone happen to read the editorial in the Gazette on 3/1/07, would like to hear some of your opinions, that includes you too DC, I did notice that you all were mention in the article...

Good Luck Monday..... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> with BTW....

QUOTE(NO.1TROJAN @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826396739[/snapback]/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Did anyone happen to read the editorial in the Gazette on 3/1/07, would like to hear some of your opinions, that includes you too DC, I did notice that you all were mention in the article...

Good Luck Monday..... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> with BTW....

I did read the article. 1st- When you have two teams with a rivalry that DC and DHS have, why would DHS kids want to transfer? Especially when DC has only won 6 games in the last 2 years. How could anyone (DHS folks) say that it is recruiting? Would you be willing to give up winning season because someone ask you to? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" NOT!!! Having so much love for the game, what would make them willing to give up 1/2 of a season to get an opportunity to play? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

The kids at DHS have a lot of talent. They deserve a lot of respect. It appears that they weren't getting it. Therefore, you have a senior that is very talented, and has watched something happen for 4 years that he feels has cost them from being #1. If you harbored these feelings and your coach is the type to blame everything and everyone else except himself, cussed at the team, could you refrain from firing back at him? Probably not.

REGARDLESS...........THIS KID IS A SENIOR AND DESERVED TO BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND HIS BANQUET. Maybe he only responded in a manner that he has picked up from someone he has been led by for the last few years. Just my opinion.

QUOTE(NO.1TROJAN @ Mar 2 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826396739[/snapback]/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Did anyone happen to read the editorial in the Gazette on 3/1/07, would like to hear some of your opinions, that includes you too DC, I did notice that you all were mention in the article...

Any way you could post the article??....

[quote name='GCPioneer' date='Mar 4 2007 - 04:45

Here is the article.........

DHS Fans, administration should hold basketball coaching staff accouintable

To the Editor:

Where does the Dyersburg Boys Basketball Program go from here? ARe they going to continue running players to Dyer County? It really looks bad on the city of Dyersburg by going to a Dyer County ball game and seeing that threee or four of the five starters are from Dyersburg. I'm glad to see those kids still playing in the tournament, but think about it, if Dyersburg had those three or four players and a different coach, they would still be playing and maybe go to the state tournament.

The real problem is some in the administration want to blame the kids. After six or seven years it is time to take a different loo. Every year it 's the same thing, one o fthe players tells the coach the truth about his bad coaching. Take the kids on this year's team. He and Brown have had arguments all year on the sideline, but his last game as a high school player he gets kicked off the team and labeled as a bed person by the coaches and the head principal and can't go to the Basketball Banquet. Why? because he was pushed to the edge and he expressed himself. I also heard another player told the coach the same thing, but because he has another year to play, nothing was said. They talk about players using bad language, what about the coach? Like the Bible say, you reap what you sow.

So let's look at the coaching staff. Seems to me he's the kid on the team. He found a way to get the young man back for telling him about his coaching for the year, which was a true statement.

Now Dyersburg, it's in our hands to stop running our kids to Dyer County and start doing something about the staff and the administration at DHS. To Dyer county, don't get mad if the players stop coming your way.

Guest brooks_12

wow...somebody doesnt like the coaching at dyersburg...

i honestly dont know who i would be mad at if i was a dyersburg fan.

the administration or the coaches?

i dont know much about brown, but the way i saw his son play agaisnt dyer county and it gave me a bad impression of the coach...he ( his son) hept bad mouthing the refs and finally got a technical and the elder brown still wouldnt take him out.....

im sorry that yall at dyersburg have to deal with this stuff...

now you know how we kind of felt prior to having coach mccord

we had coach froedden and not to badmouth him, he was a great guy and all but he just couldnt win with pur guys...

everybody was wanting to blame somebody, whether it be the coaching or administration when you lose games....

again sorry bout all that.....and no we wont be mad if the players stop coming our way either.....

thanks for posting the article

QUOTE(brooks_12 @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:08 AM) 826400319[/snapback]wow...somebody doesnt like the coaching at dyersburg...

i honestly dont know who i would be mad at if i was a dyersburg fan.

the administration or the coaches?

i dont know much about brown, but the way i saw his son play agaisnt dyer county and it gave me a bad impression of the coach...he ( his son) hept bad mouthing the refs and finally got a technical and the elder brown still wouldnt take him out.....

im sorry that yall at dyersburg have to deal with this stuff...

now you know how we kind of felt prior to having coach mccord

we had coach froedden and not to badmouth him, he was a great guy and all but he just couldnt win with pur guys...

everybody was wanting to blame somebody, whether it be the coaching or administration when you lose games....

again sorry bout all that.....and no we wont be mad if the players stop coming our way either.....

thanks for posting the article

[quote name='brooks_12' date='Mar 5 2007 - 09:08 AM'

You are welcome, the post was no problem posting. In your former coaches defense if he had had the players that you guys have now... he would have been a winner... your former coach did not have a lot of talent, (and that is not meant to be disrespectful to you all). I think that perhaps next year you guys will be a MONSTER however the true test of his coaching skills will be when this class has moved off the scene, unless of course by then you haven't received a bus load of transfers and that is a very strong possiblity. The Trojans will be cheering you guys on.......tonight...... in my opinion your continual success should be the perfect statement of our administraton's ineptitude of handling the coaching situation here. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

good luck to all ... everyone always wants to point the finger when then are not going the way they think they should and no one will ever take the blame. its a shame that adults are acting like the kids and we wonder why the generations continue to take the attitude that its not my fault. best of luck and hope it all gets straightened out or the rippled affect will continue. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Guest brooks_12

QUOTE(NO.1TROJAN @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:33 AM) 826400338[/snapback][quote name='brooks_12' date='Mar 5 2007 - 09:08 AM'

You are welcome, the post was no problem posting. In your former coaches defense if he had had the players that you guys have now... he would have been a winner... your former coach did not have a lot of talent, (and that is not meant to be disrespectful to you all). I think that perhaps next year you guys will be a MONSTER however the true test of his coaching skills will be when this class has moved off the scene, unless of course by then you haven't received a bus load of transfers and that is a very strong possiblity. The Trojans will be cheering you guys on.......tonight...... in my opinion your continual success should be the perfect statement of our administraton's ineptitude of handling the coaching situation here. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

yea he didnt have the talent that mccord does this year...and that will be a test of his coaching......he was succesful in missouri but it took him a while to build the program up....he came here and with the talent he has and is winning a lot of games.. froedden got beat by liberty i think in the region 6 semis...so he is a good coach.....

QUOTE(choc4life @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826399441[/snapback]I did read the article. 1st- When you have two teams with a rivalry that DC and DHS have, why would DHS kids want to transfer? Especially when DC has only won 6 games in the last 2 years. How could anyone (DHS folks) say that it is recruiting? Would you be willing to give up winning season because someone ask you to? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" NOT!!! Having so much love for the game, what would make them willing to give up 1/2 of a season to get an opportunity to play? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

The kids at DHS have a lot of talent. They deserve a lot of respect. It appears that they weren't getting it. Therefore, you have a senior that is very talented, and has watched something happen for 4 years that he feels has cost them from being #1. If you harbored these feelings and your coach is the type to blame everything and everyone else except himself, cussed at the team, could you refrain from firing back at him? Probably not.

REGARDLESS...........THIS KID IS A SENIOR AND DESERVED TO BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND HIS BANQUET. Maybe he only responded in a manner that he has picked up from someone he has been led by for the last few years. Just my opinion.

This senior transferred from Ripley and it was his first year under Coach Brown. You are from DC so i don't know how you know that Coach Brown blamed the losing on anybody? Unless somehow your in the administration and snuck back into the locker rooms? If you were, i believe you would have a different opinion of what took place. Do you even know who said what and why the senior was not allowed to attend? I have no idea so can you please tell me how you got this info so I can be informed too?