Franklin @ Clarksville

Jim Harrick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cobra, you like picking against the Cats' ... maybe a little jealousy involved? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You picked Gallatin to win at CHS in the first round of the region too, and they got dropped.

I do hope Whites Creek wins tonight, the will give the midstate the best chance ( along with CHS) @ MTSU.

QUOTE(Ticket @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826400341[/snapback]Cobra, you like picking against the Cats' ... maybe a little jealousy involved? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You picked Gallatin to win at CHS in the first round of the region too, and they got dropped.

I do hope Whites Creek wins tonight, the will give the midstate the best chance ( along with CHS) @ MTSU.

Lol, I probably should pick the opposite. I've been a kiss of death for teams playing Clarksville.

Gallatin got blown out. I'm sure Luna thanks me for picking Gallatin. And now Johnson probably hates I picked Franklin against Cville.

I guess I still have a bad taste in my mouth from a no call(Shawn Marion over the back) on a missed free throw (Clarksville) put whites creek out of the substate(Marion tipped in the game winner on the play). Not sure of the yr. But I know Marion and Hassell were both playing. It was Marion's sr yr. I think it was 96'.

QUOTE(Ticket @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826400341[/snapback]Cobra, you like picking against the Cats' ... maybe a little jealousy involved? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You picked Gallatin to win at CHS in the first round of the region too, and they got dropped.

I just got word that tonight's game at CHS is a sellout but not sure about the reliability of the source.

Here is the Wildcat's basketball website. There is some video footage from various games - some quite good and some not so spectacular. I do like the alley oop dunk on the fast break. I hope the link works.

Wildcat Basketball

QUOTE(DunkerDon @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826400388[/snapback]I just got word that tonight's game at CHS is a sellout but not sure about the reliability of the source.

Here is the Wildcat's basketball website. There is some video footage from various games - some quite good and some not so spectacular. I do like the alley oop dunk on the fast break. I hope the link works.

Wildcat Basketball

sold out?????,,,,how do franklin fans get in?

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826400383[/snapback]Lol, I probably should pick the opposite. I've been a kiss of death for teams playing Clarksville.

Gallatin got blown out. I'm sure Luna thanks me for picking Gallatin. And now Johnson probably hates I picked Franklin against Cville.

I guess I still have a bad taste in my mouth from a no call on a missed free throw (Clarksville) put whites creek out of the substate. Not sure of the yr. But I know Marion and Hassel were both playing. Probably Marion's sr yr. I think it was 96'.

The year was 1995-96 season which happen to be Shawn Marion's SR year and Hassells Jr. Marion had the putback to win the game. I thought it was clean considering no one put a body on Marion. Considering how athletic Shawn was, that should have been the first thing Nollner said in the timeout before the free throw. However that was a grerat game. The following year Hassell gave James stuart all he wanted in a head to head matchup which CHS won that year as well.

But I'm sure Clarksville enjoys Cobrafan picking againist them, more motivation. I want the best Middle TN teams to advance who have the best chance to win State.

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826400397[/snapback]sold out?????,,,,how do franklin fans get in?

I don't even know if that is true, Jim Harrick. That is just what I read on an Austin Peay basketball board and the Austin Peay play-by-play announcer asked the poster the same question; "How do I get in?"

First of All: Marion and Hassel should have never lost A GAME,,,ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Second; Everybody is looking past these Rebels,,,if they shoot halfway decently, they will win. They are about 12 deep and they can all fill it up. They beat a good McGavock team and had WCreek on the ropes,,,,Jamie took over on offense and defense and shots just didn't fall.

That coach for Franklin knows what he is doing, look for a close game, and if the Rebels get hot, don't be surpised if they end up in the boro!

QUOTE(Metro @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826400410[/snapback]First of All: Marion and Hassel should have never lost A GAME,,,ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Second; Everybody is looking past these Rebels,,,if they shoot halfway decently, they will win. They are about 12 deep and they can all fill it up. They beat a good McGavock team and had WCreek on the ropes,,,,Jamie took over on offense and defense and shots just didn't fall.

That coach for Franklin knows what he is doing, look for a close game, and if the Rebels get hot, don't be surpised if they end up in the boro!

Yeah, I agree about the team with Hassel and Marion. It was a tight game in the State semi's going into the 4th quarter then Tony Harris of Memphis East (?) took over the game. Clarksville Northwest with Marques Maybin (U of Louisvile) lost in the other semi-final.

QUOTE(TnBball @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:16 AM) 826400398[/snapback]The year was 1995-96 season which happen to be Shawn Marion's SR year and Hassells Jr. Marion had the putback to win the game. I thought it was clean considering no one put a body on Marion. Considering how athletic Shawn was, that should have been the first thing Nollner said in the timeout before the free throw. However that was a grerat game. The following year Hassell gave James stuart all he wanted in a head to head matchup which CHS won that year as well.

But I'm sure Clarksville enjoys Cobrafan picking againist them, more motivation. I want the best Middle TN teams to advance who have the best chance to win State.

Thanks for the reminder Tnball. I forgot it was two yrs in a row. GO FRANKLIN. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

cobrafan/wildcathater

QUOTE(Metro @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826400410[/snapback]First of All: Marion and Hassel should have never lost A GAME,,,ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Not sure anyone is looking past Franklin but like someone else posted earlier, considering these factors this is why Clarksville is favorite...

1. Clarksville is playing at home

2. They are a top 5 team who is on a 20 game winning streak.

3. They did beat them in the first game of the year by 3 without thier whole team

4. Franklin is missing a key starter

Those are 4 good reasons why Clarksville is a favorite

Franklin is a threat at all times because one they know how to put the ball in the hole, meaning they shoot the three ball as well as anybody in the state. They play incredibly hard and defend on the perimeter well. They are well coached and have tradition like Clarksville.

So there are 4 good reasons that Franklin could pull a upset but anytime you go on the road, the home team will be favorite. Let the game begin..