Franklin @ Clarksville

Jim Harrick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Mar 6 2007 - 03:54 PM) 826402499[/snapback]Congrats to CHS you guys played a great game. Ty Caldwell and the Merriweither kid really played well. Good luck in the boro. FHS had a great run just needed a little more talent. I heard we might be getting a transfer... I am sure we will be back next year

GO REBS!!!!

who is coming and from where?

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826402359[/snapback]Clarksville by 15 over Ridgeway!

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

LOL OH NO! don't do that pick against us again.. I no what your thinking funny.

No matter these guys are loaded for it this time and want it bad. Of course all of them do. Good luck to all the teams .. CHS bring that gold ball home.

QUOTE(TnBball @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:49 PM) 826402426[/snapback]HAHAHAHA...You must really want the cats to lose.

Ideally Whites Creek would meet Cville in the Championship. But I'm scared Marion and Hassell may put on a uniform.

Hey TnBball or any Clarksville fans, what makes this team so good. Only two losses is phenomenal.

I think Clarksville has a tougher road than the Creek. Both teams drew Memphis teams in the opening round. But Clarksville has strong Oakland team waiting in the Semi's.

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Mar 7 2007 - 07:18 AM) 826403177[/snapback]Ideally Whites Creek would meet Cville in the Championship. But I'm scared Marion and Hassell may put on a uniform.

Hey TnBball or any Clarksville fans, what makes this team so good. Only two losses is phenomenal.

I think Clarksville has a tougher road than the Creek. Both teams drew Memphis teams in the opening round. But Clarksville has strong Oakland team waiting in the Semi's.

Well, hehe, I haven't even seen this team with my own eyes this year but have kept up with them and read the press about them. I'm from Murfreesboro. However, I'll take a stab.

First, I think they have better athletes than their opponents from a team standpoint.

Secondly, they play very solid defense creating turnovers or missed shots. That is when the transition game comes into play and that is where the Cats have really exploded for points over a great many of their opponents this year. The Wildcats are excellent in transition and can really push it up the court off turnovers and rebounds. If an opponent has slower athletes on the court (and most teams do) then they get burned in transition.

Third, they have a big time player in Tyrone Caldwell whom very few have been able to stop. As one opposing Coach said, "When he gets in the lane there is nothing you can do." He has already been offered a scholarship by Austin Peay and many SEC and ACC teams have shown great interest. Merriwether down in the blocks is not too shabby either and the "role players" can hurt you as well such as Dowlin/Henderson down low and Harper/Baggett outside. Very balanced.

Fourth, while they love the fast, helter skelter transition game, they are still a very disciplined team and play excellent team ball. They are adept at playing uptempo or slow tempo. Can be very patient when they need to be. Play the game with intelligence and are well coached.

You said, "I think Clarksville has a tougher road than the Creek. Both teams drew Memphis teams in the opening round. But Clarksville has strong Oakland team waiting in the Semi's."

This is certainly true and I agree with that but it is equally true that Oakland has a tough road to the Finals if they have to face Clarksville. I hope teams facing Clarksville like to run because I think they will get a good workout and will be severely tested in that area and I especially have Oakland in mind when I say that. Then again, Coach Young might want to slow it down a bit - you never know with Coach Young who surprised everyone against Gallatin by dusting off a zone defense (very rarely used by this team) for the 4th quarter which allowed the Cats to EXPLODE on the Green Wave.

QUOTE(DunkerDon @ Mar 7 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826403210[/snapback]Well, hehe, I haven't even seen this team with my own eyes this year but have kept up with them and read the press about them. I'm from Murfreesboro. However, I'll take a stab.

First, I think they have better athletes than their opponents from a team standpoint.

Secondly, they play very solid defense creating turnovers or missed shots. That is when the transition game comes into play and that is where the Cats have really exploded for points over a great many of their opponents this year. The Wildcats are excellent in transition and can really push it up the court off turnovers and rebounds. If an opponent has slower athletes on the court (and most teams do) then they get burned in transition.

Third, they have a big time player in Tyrone Caldwell whom very few have been able to stop. As one opposing Coach said, "When he gets in the lane there is nothing you can do." He has already been offered a scholarship by Austin Peay and many SEC and ACC teams have shown great interest. Merriwether down in the blocks is not too shabby either and the "role players" can hurt you as well such as Dowlin/Henderson down low and Harper/Baggett outside. Very balanced.

Fourth, while they love the fast, helter skelter transition game, they are still a very disciplined team and play excellent team ball. They are adept at playing uptempo or slow tempo. Can be very patient when they need to be. Play the game with intelligence and are well coached.

You said, "I think Clarksville has a tougher road than the Creek. Both teams drew Memphis teams in the opening round. But Clarksville has strong Oakland team waiting in the Semi's."

This is certainly true and I agree with that but it is equally true that Oakland has a tough road to the Finals if they have to face Clarksville. I hope teams facing Clarksville like to run because I think they will get a good workout and will be severely tested in that area and I especially have Oakland in mind when I say that. Then again, Coach Young might want to slow it down a bit - you never know with Coach Young who surprised everyone against Gallatin by dusting off a zone defense (very rarely used by this team) for the 4th quarter which allowed the Cats to EXPLODE on the Green Wave.

WOW, That seems to be as good of a scouting report that I've heard about on a team. I think that is a fairly accurate one as well. I think when you have good guards you're going to win alot of games and that holds true with this team. The guards are good and the "role players" well they play thier roles. State Tournament should be fun to watch with stars such as..

Tyrone Caldwell-Clarksville

Shaun Merriweather-Clarksville

Terrance Olgesby-Bradley Central

Keith Dodd-Bradley Central

Jason Jones-Ridgeway

Martino Brock-Ridgeway

Terico White-Craigmont

Jamie Grahm-Whites Creek

Demonte Harper-Whites Creek

Chassion Allen-Oakland

I know I left some others off but thats a stout list of players.

QUOTE(TnBball @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:31 AM) 826403268[/snapback]WOW, That seems to be as good of a scouting report that I've heard about on a team. I think that is a fairly accurate one as well. I think when you have good guards you're going to win alot of games and that holds true with this team. The guards are good and the "role players" well they play thier roles. State Tournament should be fun to watch with stars such as..

Tyrone Caldwell-Clarksville

Shaun Merriweather-Clarksville

Terrance Olgesby-Bradley Central

Keith Dodd-Bradley Central

Jason Jones-Ridgeway

Martino Brock-Ridgeway

Terico White-Craigmont

Jamie Grahm-Whites Creek

Demonte Harper-Whites Creek

Chassion Allen-Oakland

I know I left some others off but thats a stout list of players.

Thank you but as I have stated before; Memphis teams are scary and often difficult to gauge how a non-Memphis team will match up with them. Memphis is such a breeding ground and hotbed of talent that they endure a season of beating up on one another. Hence, a Memphis team with 8 or 9 losses and considered the underdog at State is often better than a 1 or 2 loss team they face. There are years where Clarksville schools can field a few really good teams but CHS really did not have much this year by way of intra-city competition (Northwest, Northeast, Kenwood, Rossview, Montgomery Central). Ridgeway did have a more difficult schedule. Still, that being said, many teams which were supposed to be a real test for Clarksville wound up getting beat and some rather badly. Some teams the Cats played twice were beaten so soundly the first time that they came into the second game with entirely new strategies abandoning their usual style of play.

If ex-Ridgeway players like Fields and Channels is a good indication of the athleticism that Ridgeway brings then I think they can hang with the Cats athletically. I think Oakland would have a much more difficult time in this area against Clarksville should the two face one another insofar as running the floor.

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826402359[/snapback]Clarksville by 15 over Ridgeway!

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

No way that will happen, this game is going to be close. Remember they beat the best AAA team in the state twice this year. The team that wins this game will be the one who executes their game plan the best. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Mar 7 2007 - 07:18 AM) 826403177[/snapback]Ideally Whites Creek would meet Cville in the Championship. But I'm scared Marion and Hassell may put on a uniform.

You guys are obviously sleeping on Craigmont. Everybody is in for a rude awakening with Craigmont. They are one of the most athletic teams in Memphis.