Franklin @ Clarksville

Jim Harrick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826400463[/snapback]TO ANYBODY CONCERNED: Franklin @ Clarksville is NOT SOLD OUT

the previous post stating it was is just a fan starting rumors,,,,get the facts right next time

GO REBELS

Yes, a new post came up on that board stating that no tickets have yet been sold and will not be sold to the students until lunch times.

Now, Jim Harrick, please do not insinuate that I am starting rumours on this board. I did no such thing but merely relayed what I had read on another board and clearly stated that I was unsure as to the veracity of the source. Here is a link to the board where I read it and the thread in question is titled *Tyrone Caldwell - Clarksville Play Tonight @ CHS.* It is a site called "Peaymania."

Peaymania

More specifically, "PeayVoice," who is the play-by-play announcer for Austin Peay and works for WJZM said, "Turnipgreens......BigButch said the game is a sellout!?? Where do I get in???"

I do not know who is BigButch but Greg Walker (PeayVoice) was told by him that the game was sold out. Since I have no idea who is BigButch then I added that I was unsure as to the reliability of the source. Subsequent to my relaying what was being said on Peaymania, another poster who is a former Governor basketball player posted the following:

"No tickets have been sold yet. They are selling tickets in lunch (11-12:25) today at CHS. And they might have them at the front office after that. I can't image that it will be a sell-out. You should be fine just coming to the game and buying a ticket."

Unrelated but also, for any Franklin fans unfamiliar with Clarksville and are going there but would like to eat prior to the game; The school is not too far from the first exit you come upon along I-24 (Exit 11 - Clarksville/Adams) but insofar as I am aware the only good restaurant that is not a fast food chain in that vicinity is Ruby Tuesdays. Exit 4 - Clarksville/Guthrie - which is two exits past Exit 11 has every restaurant imaginable.

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Mar 3 2007 - 09:37 AM) 826398071[/snapback]Word on the street is Franklin is the big underdog here???

Not sure why, saw the rebels play them tough and could have beaten them early in the year.

I know both teams have changed a bit, but you better not write off the Rebels just yet!

Coach Harrick,

What street do you live on? Because everybody on my block likes the Rebels!!!!!

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Mar 5 2007 - 03:05 PM) 826400748[/snapback]I would love to see Franklin win this game, personally. But they've been playing uncharacteristic basketball the past two games. For Franklin to win, they need to be patient and not force any unnecessary plays.

theyve been buildin up for the big game tonight theyll have it all together and itll be a complete turnaround