DII championship

bball35

QUOTE(mfalc04 @ Mar 3 2007 - 08:08 PM) 826398576[/snapback]The last couple of minutes were amazing. BA looked like they had the game in hand, but made some silly TO's while Webb turned up the heat. It was a brutal ending for BA. Congrat's to Knox Webb. The girl for Webb that won Ms. Basketball is pretty amazing.

one explanation - GLORY! she completely took over the 4th quarter. She had a not so great 1st half only 4 pts. She completely turned the game with her smart play in the last quarter. She did shoot a lot of free throws but she also stole the ball and took over to score some lay ups and several other shots. Unbelievable heart. I thought BA had the game in the bag. Oh, and Glory did all this with 4 fouls.

QUOTE(sandysue @ Mar 3 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826398649[/snapback]one explanation - GLORY! she completely took over the 4th quarter. She had a not so great 1st half only 4 pts. She completely turned the game with her smart play in the last quarter. She did shoot a lot of free throws but she also stole the ball and took over to score some lay ups and several other shots. Unbelievable heart. I thought BA had the game in the bag. Oh, and Glory did all this with 4 fouls.

I think those of us in the crowd pulling for BA would find some significance in the number of times Webb got to the free throw line in the last 2 minutes. It sure seemed that the refs wanted to insert themselves in the action.

Having said that, Glory Johnson was amazing. I think she only had 7 or 8 points and 4 fouls mid way through the 4th and you could almost feel/see her just take the game on her shoulders. While I might argue a few of the calls, she hit her free throws under pressure. Her steal (clean) and layup with 36 seconds left was something else. She was clearly the best player on the court (and I love Victory Dunlap of BA) and in the end, she won the game. She clearly deserved the Miss Basketball award and I'll be interested to see what she can do next year. For those of us in DII, I think we can look forward to watching her in the finals again next year.

It was an exciting game (albeit heartbreaking for the Eagles). Congratulations to both teams!

QUOTE(superdaveosborne @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:44 PM) 826400048[/snapback]I may have missed it but how many kids does Webb return?

Webb loses 1 starter--Shayla Jackson. She's a good ball player, no doubt, and will be missed greatly. Returning starters are Glory Johnson (Jr), Faith Dupree(So), Jessica Goswitz(So), and Jessica Walter(Jr). Bench losses are Emily Dupree and Lauren Shepherd. Both are solid role players, very solid individuals, and will be missed also.