BT Washington vs Livingston Academy

swipper

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know anything about the west teams. The only recollection of the west teams I have is when LA beat Memphis East when Coach Smith and Maxwell played and won the state. I think we won that game by 20 or so. The strength of girls basketball has always been in middle and east TN. However I think that the 2A and 3A teams that won the state last year or year before were from west TN ???

Booker T. Washington eliminated Westview last night and to my knowledge Westview has been ranked # 1 0r 2 pretty much all year. But looking at BTW's rank 18th and strength of schedule 109th, they don't look that impressive. Sounds to me they are sort of like us that they know how to win b/c they do have a 30 and 3 record. Most of their wins have really been lop-sided 70 to 20 something. But this is no indication how good they are b/c you really can't compare them to anybody. I guess the only thing the LA girls should worry about is continue playing with the aggressive style you have all year and see how well BTW can play under pressure. After all Defense wins championships.

I also wonder just how disciplined BTW is and are they good free throw shooters. These are 2 key intangibles that can make the difference in winning and losing. I think our girls are around 75 to 80 % from the line as a team. Last night we shot around 80% which was a key factor in the game. If it comes down to free throws LA girls should have the upper hand on most teams b/c we do make our free throws.

i agree on the free throw shooing for LA - -they are good from the line as any team should be that is why they call them free throws

they won on them against white house and against smith county in the regionals --- in the schs game they had to foul LA to get the ball back and it nearly worked --as LA did miss a few there in a row giving schs plenty of chances to tie and go ahead ---- still in the end LA pulled out the free throws -- in fact it was the way they scored in the 4th quarter -- but hey a win is a win --

they are good from the line --- i think it may again, be a key factor to them winning

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Mar 4 2007 - 06:54 AM) 826399099[/snapback]Don't know anything about the west teams. The only recollection of the west teams I have is when LA beat Memphis East when Coach Smith and Maxwell played and won the state. I think we won that game by 20 or so. The strength of girls basketball has always been in middle and east TN. However I think that the 2A and 3A teams that won the state last year or year before were from west TN ???

Booker T. Washington eliminated Westview last night and to my knowledge Westview has been ranked # 1 0r 2 pretty much all year. But looking at BTW's rank 18th and strength of schedule 109th, they don't look that impressive. Sounds to me they are sort of like us that they know how to win b/c they do have a 30 and 3 record. Most of their wins have really been lop-sided 70 to 20 something. But this is no indication how good they are b/c you really can't compare them to anybody. I guess the only thing the LA girls should worry about is continue playing with the aggressive style you have all year and see how well BTW can play under pressure. After all Defense wins championships.

I also wonder just how disciplined BTW is and are they good free throw shooters. These are 2 key intangibles that can make the difference in winning and losing. I think our girls are around 75 to 80 % from the line as a team. Last night we shot around 80% which was a key factor in the game. If it comes down to free throws LA girls should have the upper hand on most teams b/c we do make our free throws.

Let this be your warning to the LA fans........BTW is not the typical "Memphis" team that you have seen in the past......this team is VERY well-coached. They will be prepared, you can bet on that. They played 10-12 kids and are extremely athletic...can extend their defense and create alot of problems....not really good from the line, however they made enough last night to win. They shoot over 50% from the floor as a team because the majority of the shots they take are good ones. They are the best AA team in Memphis and expect a dogfight on Wednesday night.....should be a really good game.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(Not-so HeavyD @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826399292[/snapback]Let this be your warning to the LA fans........BTW is not the typical "Memphis" team that you have seen in the past......this team is VERY well-coached. They will be prepared, you can bet on that. They played 10-12 kids and are extremely athletic...can extend their defense and create alot of problems....not really good from the line, however they made enough last night to win. They shoot over 50% from the floor as a team because the majority of the shots they take are good ones. They are the best AA team in Memphis and expect a dogfight on Wednesday night.....should be a really good game.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks for the warning 'Not-so HeavyD'. But LA fans figured that BTW must have a pretty good team or they wouldn't have made it this far. We are expecting nothing less than a dogfight and we will be prepared as well. It should be a interesting match-up.

The strength of girls basketball has always been in middle and east TN.

somebody fill this guy/gal in on who has won the last two state titles in AA, actually both finalists last year were West TN

do some more research before making claims like this, you have one dominant team in Jackson Co, other than that titles have been spread around fairly well

the strength of girls basketball is not in Middle TN now, it is in West

and Northside will continue that this year

and if BTW beat Westview then they are gonna beat LA

the turning point in the shift of power from middle to west came in the hall-of-fame challenge two years ago between 13AA and 7AA when 13AA won 4 out of 6 games with the only wins for 7AA coming from the #5 vs #5 and #6 vs #6 seeds in that tourney

so the top four in 13AA beat the top four of 7AA and then has won the last two state titles with middle TN not having a rep even win silver

get used to it as new-to-the-Boro-scene Milan is gonna win it all next year

QUOTE(3pointer @ Mar 4 2007 - 12:41 PM) 826399358[/snapback]somebody fill this guy/gal in on who has won the last two state titles in AA, actually both finalists last year were West TN

do some more research before making claims like this, you have one dominant team in Jackson Co, other than that titles have been spread around fairly well

the strength of girls basketball is not in Middle TN now, it is in West

and Northside will continue that this year

and if BTW beat Westview then they are gonna beat LA

Sounds just like you did 3-pointer.

If you could read......... I believe in the first paragraph that I thought the west won the 2a and 3a last year.

You might need to do some research of your own. Jackson Co. is not the only team from these parts.

The shift in power may have shifted from the east and middle to the west but it just has been recently to my knowledge.

And to base the shift of power from 1 tournament 2 years ago is not hardly what I would call an accurate measuring stick. I'm basing mine on the last 30 some odd years that I have watched basketball. You might need to get a clue yourself there hotshot.

And saying just b/c BTW beat Westview then they will beat LA is about one the lamest statements I've ever heard. No I take that back the lamest is that Milan is going to win it all next year. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I would be happy to give you Milan and I'll take the other 109 teams in 2A if you would like to put your money where your mouth is.

Wait a minute Milan don't have Juwana Mann on their team do they . If they do then the bets off.

well my friend, last time i checked, we aint playin for years past, we playin for this year, but if we were, i think Livingston holds a candle to anyone, just check the past, and a warning to all BTW fans, LA is not the typical "Livingston" team that you have seen in the past......this team is VERY well-coached. They will be prepared, you can bet on that. They played 8-9 kids and are extremely athletic...can extend their defense and create alot of problems....excellent from the line, but always are. They shoot about 40% from the floor, but they win. They are the best AA team in the area with upperman and you BETTER expect a good game wednesday

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826399450[/snapback]I doubt either team is overlooking the other, lol. There's no need to get the teams fired up at this point.

What kind of team is BTW? Are they tall, do they handle the ball, are they up-tempo? Someone give me a little info, please.