Collinwood vs Trinity Christian

How is the TCA guard play? C'wood has three good ones. The big girls do no good if they can't get the ball.

Trinity's point guard, Katie Henderson, was MVP of the district tournament. She is tough and sees the floor well. Cover the big girls, and she can be high scorer. Scoring is spread pretty evenly over 5-6 players every game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hollywood85 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826401590[/snapback]How is the TCA guard play? C'wood has three good ones. The big girls do no good if they can't get the ball.

Jamie Vailes 4 year starter 6'0" Shoots inside or outside lead the team last year in 3 point %

Can post and play inside or out. MVP player of Regional Tournament.

Katie Henderson Senior 4 year starter PG. Plays inside and out. Handles the ball well, makes good decisions.

MVP of District Tournament. Also played Softball on TCA's State Championship Team last season. Signed with ETSU

Brittany Yates Ditto of the above except for being a Junior. 3 year starter likewise for the Softball and Basketball program. leads the basketball team in steals. Can post and play inside and out.

Desarai Washington Junior Also quite an athlete Top recruit in track. 3rd in State 100 hurdles last year. Quick hands also with a deft shooting touch. Will always beat you to the basket.

Cricket Glenn sophomore and 2 year starter. Plays inside and outside. Can shoot the 3 as well. Strong on the inside. Last year MVP of District Tournament. Voted Jackson Sun Freshman of the year in West Tennessee.

Off the bench 3 good young players in Shelby Cummings, Marie Yarbro, and her sister Mary Elizabeth Yarbro. All three of these subs have had games where they have been in double figures. in fact all the starters have at one time or another been the high scorer in several games. We spread the scoring around pretty good. Even though we have not been to the State Tournament with have competed in big games at the younger levels. TNT State Champions in 2003 and 2004. I believe we are ready to play. Good luck Lady Lions.

Thats a great run-down. You probably just gave us more information than all of the copies of the Jackson Sun could do. It sounds like our teams are going to match-up well with the advantage in height going to TCA in the post position. Best of luck to both of these teams as they open up the tourney tomorrow in Murfreesboro. Win or lose its just an awesome experience for every person involved. Go Green!!!!!

QUOTE(thelma @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826402204[/snapback]Thats a great run-down. You probably just gave us more information than all of the copies of the Jackson Sun could do. It sounds like our teams are going to match-up well with the advantage in height going to TCA in the post position. Best of luck to both of these teams as they open up the tourney tomorrow in Murfreesboro. Win or lose its just an awesome experience for every person involved. Go Green!!!!!

Come on Thelma we both know the coaches already have a small book about each of our teams. Looking forward to playing a great team in you guys. You have had a tremendous season.

I'm sure you are right about that Fan. I have tried and cannot seem to find much information on your girls. Not that I matter but I always like to know what to expect before the ball is tipped. It seems your post players have created the most buzz so I look forward to seeing that match-up. Good luck to you! I hope you all have a safe trip and that you play your best tomorrow!

QUOTE(thelma @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:53 PM) 826402429[/snapback]I'm sure you are right about that Fan. I have tried and cannot seem to find much information on your girls. Not that I matter but I always like to know what to expect before the ball is tipped. It seems your post players have created the most buzz so I look forward to seeing that match-up. Good luck to you! I hope you all have a safe trip and that you play your best tomorrow!

Thanks same to you guys