Humboldt vs. Wartburg

VikingFan9

I have not taken a "pot shot" at Wartburg. I have at OS because of YOU, otherwise I would have never mentioned them. What I did say is for Wartburg to represent Morgan County well and keep their composure. I stand by that statement.

Again, Wartburg doesn't need an Agent from Oliver Springs. If these fans have a problem and the usual suspects might they will call me on it.

I'm sorry however, I will not be your cheerleader, that is not in my blood.

BTW, catback are you aware that the Lady Jackets were in the 'boro yesterday to watch your cats play? Now there is you some support.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per CY,

I have not taken a "pot shot" at Wartburg. I have at OS because of YOU, otherwise I would have never mentioned them.

I didn't join CoachT until Sep. 2005, who is to blame for all of your shots at OZ before then. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Lighten up and enjoy the Razzing!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(7Pecah @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826404498[/snapback]hey buddy just to inform you a lil....we must not be that bad or we would not be goin to the 'boro....

so you prolly need to just shut up right now and not make yourself look anymore stupid than you have...

that score prediction was so ignorant.....hey im not saying we are going to blow them out of the water nor win

for that matter but i bet you this it WILL be a great CLOSE game that EITHER team could WIN!!!!!!

This game won't be close...Yes, you're going to the 'boro, but like Cosby, you played an awfully weak schedule to get there...Yes you have size...So does Humboldt and I'd be willing to bet that Sain at 6'5 and Epperson at 6'4 will get up just as high as you're 6'7 man...Humboldt's going to be much quicker than you, they're going to be more athletic than you, they're going to be just as big if not bigger than you, they're going to be more battle-tested than you, and they're going to want it more than you...Two consecutive trips to the state tourney with no championship is getting old and I can promise you these guys would consider anything other than the state championship a complete disappointment...I believe in a previous post I predicted the score to be 81-55 Humboldt...I'll stick with that score...Oh, and Wartburg...If you see a Viking coming through the lane, try not to get posterized like McGaha from Cosby did last year...I've seen that pic on the internet several times and it aint good... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Why are the posters heights and weights not matching what the school has listed? Just curious! Does anyone know which is corrrect?

Boys Basketball Roster

No. Name Position Ht. Wt. Class

15 Dustin Brown SG/PG 5'11'' 160 Sr.

12 Aaron Harvey SF 5'10'' 165 Sr.

34 Evan Jackson SG 5'10" 155 Sr.

2 Travis Nelson SG/PG 6'0'' 170 Sr.

3 Anthony Rogers SG/SF 6'0'' 180 Sr.

22 D.J. Shannon PF 6'4'' 160 Sr.

54 Tyler Winstead C 6'6'' 190 Sr.

44 Jordan Hamby C 6'1'' 180 Jr.

32 Jordan Spurling C 6'4'' 200 Jr.

33 Caleb Bunch PG 5'9'' 165 So.

45 Adam Griffith C 6'2" 175 So.

5 Andrew Howard PF 6'1" 175 So.

14 Ryan Human PF 5'11'' 130 So.

4 Josh Kidd PG 6'0" 145 So.

10 Shawn Langley

SG 5'11'' 145 So.

35 Dougie Nichols SG/SF 5'10'' 140 So.

- Colton Blakney SF 5'10" 155 Fr.

- Alex Jackson PG 5'8" 125 Fr.

QUOTE(7Pecah @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826404498[/snapback]hey buddy just to inform you a lil....we must not be that bad or we would not be goin to the 'boro....

so you prolly need to just shut up right now and not make yourself look anymore stupid than you have...

that score prediction was so ignorant.....hey im not saying we are going to blow them out of the water nor win

for that matter but i bet you this it WILL be a great CLOSE game that EITHER team could WIN!!!!!!

No one said y'all were that bad, we just don't think it is going to be a close game. Now, we could be underestimating y'all and you might pull the upset, but we just don't think so. We heard and saw the same thing last year with Cosby. Humboldt plays in the toughest district in the state and have been to state three years in a row now. So, it is not ignorant to pick Humboldt by 20+, it is just a pick and someone's point of view. We know we have been tested every night for the last few weeks so do no take it offensive that we are picturing a blow out. You know nothing about Humboldt, but we will see what happens Wednesday. Best of luck to y'all.

Here's a breakdown for both teams and how they match up based on what I've been able to collect on these guys..

Projected lineups for Wartburg (22-8) and Humboldt (27-8) respectively are as follows:

C - Tyler Winstead 6'6 C - Derek Sain 6'5

F - DJ Shannon 6'4 F - EJ Epperson 6'4

G - Travis Nelson 6'1 G - Cordero Wade 6'1

G - Anthony Rogers 5'11 G - Odell Jackson 5'8

PG - Caleb Bunch 5'9 PG - Chauncey Hunt 6'2

Off the bench:

PG - Dustin Brown 5'7 PG - Ramon Parham 5'7

F - Jordan Hamby 6'0 F - Tevin Crayton 6'3

G - Josh Kidd 6'0 F - Charles Taylor 6'5

C - Adam Griffith 6'0 C - Deandre Perry 6'4

In 30 games, Wartburg In 35 games, Humboldt

has scored 72.4 ppg. has scored 72.2 ppg. and

and has allowed 60.1. has allowed 60.7.

Wartburg is 21-5 against Humboldt is 22-6 against

A schools, 1-0 against AA A schools, 5-2 against AA

schools and 0-2 against schools, and 0-0 against AAA

AAA schools... schools...

Key wins: University Key wins: Lake Co., Union City,

School, Grace Christian Middleton, Crockett Co.

Key losses: Oliver Springs, Key losses: Bradford, Gibson Co.

Harriman

Key players: DJ Shannon, Key players: Derek Sain, EJ Epperson

Tyler Winstead Cordero Wade

Postseason record: 5-2 Postseason record: 6-1

Last 10 games: 8-2 Last 10 games: 8-2

Why they'll win: Why they'll win:

DJ Shannon is a potent Experience and athleticism...

scorer and Winstead Humboldt is playing in March for the

provides solid post third consecutive season and has

play the most athletic team in 1A basketball

Why they'll lose: Why they'll lose:

Inexperience and weak Foul trouble...when Humboldt's

schedule...Wartburg big men get into foul trouble early,

hasn't seen the caliber of it limits what Humboldt does offensively...

team that they'll see If Wartburg can get Sain and Epperson on the

Wednesday all year bench, this game might be closer than expected...

This is probably the most detailed breakdown you'll find for now, so have fun..

Ya'll might get beat worse than that....it will not be close....

QUOTE(catback @ Mar 8 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826404955[/snapback]Even in your response to me, you take pot shots at surrounding schools, just remember these

are KIDS your talking about. And yes, you did show some support in your post, but, not without

taking a few digs along the way.

I pull for all area teams, as long as their not playing my team, because, I UNDERSTAND the sacrifice

these young people make, in order to compete. As I did for the yellowjackets in the Football playoffs.

Granted, Coalfield won a gold ball in baseball, (congrats to them) almost 10 years ago, I don't think

any area teams are envy of that PAST success. (1 State Championship in the schools history,see below)

As an Oak Ridge High graduate, maybe you should tour the school up there, and see all of the banners for State Championships hanging from the rafters, now that's something to be envious of. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

But just in case you can't make it up there.

State Titles at Oak Ridge:

(6) Football

(2) Boys Basketball

(7) Boys Cross Country

(7) Boys Track

(3) Girls Cross Country

(3) Girls Tennis

(3) Girls Basketball

31 Total State Championships

who gives a crap about oak ridge! i dont see anything that says somethin about oak ridge on this topic. its about humboldt v. wartburg in the class A boys basketball state tournament just in case you were wondering

QUOTE(catback @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826404955[/snapback]Even in your response to me, you take pot shots at surrounding schools, just remember these

are KIDS your talking about. And yes, you did show some support in your post, but, not without

taking a few digs along the way.

I pull for all area teams, as long as their not playing my team, because, I UNDERSTAND the sacrifice

these young people make, in order to compete. As I did for the yellowjackets in the Football playoffs.

Granted, Coalfield won a gold ball in baseball, (congrats to them) almost 10 years ago, I don't think

any area teams are envy of that PAST success. (1 State Championship in the schools history,see below)

As an Oak Ridge High graduate, maybe you should tour the school up there, and see all of the banners for State Championships hanging from the rafters, now that's something to be envious of. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

But just in case you can't make it up there.

State Titles at Oak Ridge:

(6) Football

(2) Boys Basketball

(7) Boys Cross Country

(7) Boys Track

(3) Girls Cross Country

(3) Girls Tennis

(3) Girls Basketball

31 Total State Championships

Thanks Catback for the support and for putting cy in his place this man needs to learn to support the whole county with out the smart #### remarks we all know what coalfield has done in football and thats great it makes the county look good that they do good we should suport each other when not playing against one another /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />