Humboldt vs. Wartburg

VikingFan9

The thing somebody obviously doesn't understand.....most single A schools dont offer nearly that many athletic programs. So telling us how many championships Oak Ridge has won doesn't mean anything to me! I could care less how many cross-country championships anybody has won! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(triathlete @ Mar 9 2007 - 08:59 AM) 826405919[/snapback]Did you hear that...........OOH OOH,WHAT, EM' VIKINGS IN THA HOUSE. Humboltd will bring a ton of people and you'll hear that saying above 400 times.( It's catchy tho, I kinda like it).

I hate to do anything for the Humboldt folks, but I think it's "Hoo Hoo, HEEEEEEEEEEY, Those Vikings in the HOOUUUUSE". .. .at least when I've heard it.

I also take this moment to say I thought Union City's cheerleaders stealing that and putting in Tornadoes after Humboldt started that last year was weak.

I will take Humboldt by 22. . .88-66. I really think it could be worse, but shooting percentages at the Murph are always terrible in the first round.

Well, if we lose at least we had faith, we always have next year. Our boys worked hard for this so it doesn't matter whether its close or not. We got this far and we are proud of it! Especially since its the first time our school has ever gotten this far!! Good Luck Dawgs(minus Phil Daughtery)lol we have faith in you!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Mar 9 2007 - 08:36 AM) 826405961[/snapback]I hate to do anything for the Humboldt folks, but I think it's "Hoo Hoo, HEEEEEEEEEEY, Those Vikings in the HOOUUUUSE". .. .at least when I've heard it.

I also take this moment to say I thought Union City's cheerleaders stealing that and putting in Tornadoes after Humboldt started that last year was weak.

I will take Humboldt by 22. . .88-66. I really think it could be worse, but shooting percentages at the Murph are always terrible in the first round.

close enough..."the" vikings in the house...but anyway my prediction of the game...

Humboldt 87 Wartburg 53

gonna get dirty...all starters and charles taylor score in double digits along with 4 dunks in the game

QUOTE(frankieD12 @ Mar 9 2007 - 04:46 PM) 826406546[/snapback]close enough..."the" vikings in the house...but anyway my prediction of the game...

Humboldt 87 Wartburg 53

gonna get dirty...all starters and charles taylor score in double digits along with 4 dunks in the game

4 dunks alone by Sain..lol...I heard that Humboldt's coach was taking to the hospital the other night after the game...is he good to go?

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 9 2007 - 08:20 PM) 826406603[/snapback]4 dunks alone by Sain..lol...I heard that Humboldt's coach was taking to the hospital the other night after the game...is he good to go?

yea he is a diabetic, and he had gotten to hot and nearly passed out after the game. He has been at school the past two days.

QUOTE(7Pecah @ Mar 8 2007 - 10:43 AM) 826404498[/snapback]hey buddy just to inform you a lil....we must not be that bad or we would not be goin to the 'boro....

so you prolly need to just shut up right now and not make yourself look anymore stupid than you have...

that score prediction was so ignorant.....hey im not saying we are going to blow them out of the water nor win

for that matter but i bet you this it WILL be a great CLOSE game that EITHER team could WIN!!!!!!

Son you don't have a clue........Wartburg would struggle to finish 4th in District 14A.....You guys are probably pretty good over where you play......I doubt you have a player that could start for Humboldt......

That was a bold prediction though..."Either team could win"??.....Either team could..Only one will...It will be Humboldt

There is no doubt that Humboldt is a good team, but they will have to play up to their abilities and not down to the competition to win this classification. They are the 2nd best team from their region, but won when they had too. It would not surprise me, or anyone else that knows basketball, that the West will win at least 2 gold balls and depending on which Humboldt team shows up, a good chance of 3 will be won. Temple is strong and has a very good fundamental program, so I wouldn't count them out by any means. This isn't a diss against east wartburg, but who ever comes out of this side of the bracket will have their hands full with the other side, whether it be humboldt/temple/wartburg...I think the sleeper will be westside. They upset the opponent in the substate game, but they have flown under the radar all year. They are very fast and play tenacious D. From the brackets, it very well could be an all West finals. Temple makes me nervous.

QUOTE(Hater_Nation_Rules @ Mar 10 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826407170[/snapback]There is no doubt that Humboldt is a good team, but they will have to play up to their abilities and not down to the competition to win this classification. They are the 2nd best team from their region, but won when they had too. It would not surprise me, or anyone else that knows basketball, that the West will win at least 2 gold balls and depending on which Humboldt team shows up, a good chance of 3 will be won. Temple is strong and has a very good fundamental program, so I wouldn't count them out by any means. This isn't a diss against east wartburg, but who ever comes out of this side of the bracket will have their hands full with the other side, whether it be humboldt/temple/wartburg...I think the sleeper will be westside. They upset the opponent in the substate game, but they have flown under the radar all year. They are very fast and play tenacious D. From the brackets, it very well could be an all West finals. Temple makes me nervous.

If I was a Humboldt fan they(Temple)would make me nervous too,especially after what happened against Grace last season......Humboldt will be all over Wartburg,but the Vikings will have to go watch some other teams in the tourney this season and scout them.....Westside is a pretty solid club,but Humboldt has seen their style of play on a regular basis playing Union City..Bottom Line...If Humboldt doesn't get too cocky after their blowout win in the first round and they come to play like they did in the region semis against Union City,they won't be challenged...But if the team that lost to Bradford and Gibson County shows up they will go home disappointed for the third year in a row....