Humboldt vs. Wartburg

VikingFan9

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 11 2007 - 10:28 PM) 826408549[/snapback]These rookie to the tourney folks don't know how we roll over here where basketball is played......If we took stuff as personal as these guys do,nobody would ever be able to attend games for fear for their safety....Good Luck to the Vikings....How bout we do like in one of the Rocky movies....After the Vikings win the Gold Ball,ya'll come on over to Union City and we'll play for that trophy.....Ding...Ding.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sounds good. But why do we have to come to Union City? Y'all ought to come over to Humboldt since we won the last meeting!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bed2i @ Mar 11 2007 - 11:33 PM) 826408605[/snapback]Sounds good. But why do we have to come to Union City? Y'all ought to come over to Humboldt since we won the last meeting!

Thought you might wanna come to the place your guys got beat by 13 points,not where you got beat by 18..Don't say we can play in Atwood..I NEVER EVER want to go there again..... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Maybe the Tornadoes and Vikings could play on Sunday afternoon on your way back to Humboldt,before ya'll get too used that trophy.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(bulldawgs#1 @ Mar 11 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826408383[/snapback]Never heard of wartburg but I'll still guarantee Humboldt is 100 times more athletic and the better team. If the vikings play decent they will win by 30 if they played really bad they could lose but that's very unlikely. Epperson is the best athlete wartburg will have ever seen. He and Sain will dominate both will have a couple of dunks that will get Humboltds crowd in to it. The state championship was played a couple of weeks ago in Carroll County. If Humboldt plays decent they will have another gold ball.

If you have never heard of a team, then how can you possibly make any logical comparisons to how the two teams will do against each other? How can you guarantee all this crap? Your an idiot

QUOTE(Bzaller @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826408711[/snapback]If you have never heard of a team, then how can you possibly make any logical comparisons to how the two teams will do against each other? How can you guarantee all this crap? Your an idiot

I will be glad for Wednesday around 3:15 to get here so the Wartburg people will get about 4-5 hours of "great season guys" and "we're really proud of you" and then get off the T. Maybe the Temple faithful will have more basketball sense.

QUOTE(dollar1906 @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826408815[/snapback]3 Starters from last year, and i think one or two that were on the bench. They are only losing one this year.

Wow, that's really impressive to lose 5 guys- 3 starters and be right back in the state tourney... honestly though- were the two kids that started last year and didn't graduate, were they the best players or did you lose your bread and butter from last year?

One senior on the team this year?- is he the go to guy...

QUOTE(Vandy1082 @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:12 AM) 826408842[/snapback]Wow, that's really impressive to lose 5 guys- 3 starters and be right back in the state tourney... honestly though- were the two kids that started last year and didn't graduate, were they the best players or did you lose your bread and butter from last year?

They lost their top three scorers from last years team, and the senior on this years team is the leading scorer.

QUOTE(Vandy1082 @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826408842[/snapback]Wow, that's really impressive to lose 5 guys- 3 starters and be right back in the state tourney... honestly though- were the two kids that started last year and didn't graduate, were they the best players or did you lose your bread and butter from last year?

I think this is probably a better TEAm this year. Anyone of the guys that play alot of minutes can drop 25-30 points at any given time. The scoring is very balanced were all of them contribute. They are a all around good team, and i think that they have an overwhelming chance to bring home some gold .

QUOTE(Vandy1082 @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:12 AM) 826408842[/snapback]Wow, that's really impressive to lose 5 guys- 3 starters and be right back in the state tourney... honestly though- were the two kids that started last year and didn't graduate, were they the best players or did you lose your bread and butter from last year?

i agree with bed2i...lost 3 starters last year...epperson came off of the bench last year and did a great job and it shows this year...sain also played last year...sain, odell jackson, and epperson all started last year at some point...but after this year they are only losing sain and have 4 returning starters again....only losing 2 seniors

QUOTE(Bzaller @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:33 AM) 826408711[/snapback]If you have never heard of a team, then how can you possibly make any logical comparisons to how the two teams will do against each other? How can you guarantee all this crap? Your an idiot

"Your" shows posession. I think "you're" might be the contraction you're looking for. And no I'm not an idiot. I've played and watched basketball the last ten years or so in west tn. I've been to several state tournaments and played a lot of games in the summer against teams east of here. Proven fact that the west has better teams and are MUCH more athletic. This is not something new. Humboldt is a very good, very athletic team by west standards. Just gonna play the percentages and say that wartburg is the usual east tn that doesn't belong on the court with humboldt. Now anything can happen, they play the game for a reason. Humboldt has been known to underachieve at times. Anything can happen but odds are Humboldt wins BIG.