Humboldt vs. Wartburg

VikingFan9

Guest Shocker0

Everytime you hear about an east team playing a west you are almost guaranteed that they won't have class. This game seemed to be different until the end when the guy wouldn't even let the Wartburg player pick him up. I hope Humboldt gets stomped next round and glad to see that Wartburg lost by 30 like the Humboldt fans predicted. I would have been a little scared going into the fourth quarter if I was them cause they almost lost. Wartburg wasn't intimidated.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shocker0

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 11 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826408469[/snapback]He/She will on Wednesday if he/she hasn't.....They are about to get a taste of how actual basketball is really played /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sounded like Humboldt got a little taste, too. Either both teams played "actual" basketball, or neither did. Your lucky Humboldt won or else you woulda been eating a lot of crow.

Guest Shocker0

QUOTE(bulldawgs#1 @ Mar 11 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826408383[/snapback]Never heard of wartburg but I'll still guarantee Humboldt is 100 times more athletic and the better team. If the vikings play decent they will win by 30 if they played really bad they could lose but that's very unlikely. Epperson is the best athlete wartburg will have ever seen. He and Sain will dominate both will have a couple of dunks that will get Humboltds crowd in to it. The state championship was played a couple of weeks ago in Carroll County. If Humboldt plays decent they will have another gold ball.

I don't know what you saw in Epperson but he definetely wasn't the best athlete Wartburg has ever seen. Sain was really good but They had to give Epperson about 10 chances to make one free throw. Thank god he finally did.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 14 2007 - 03:30 PM) 826411753[/snapback]Humboldt survives and advances despite hitting only 14 of 34 free throws.....

Humboldt outscored Wartburg 41-29 in the second half....25-6 in the decisive run that brought Humboldt back from a 39-30 deficit to lead 55-45....

Humboldt wins the game 68-59

The Vikings will not be able to win the tournament shooting that wa from the free throw line

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 14 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826411759[/snapback]You say that because of just one play??...The class thing??

Where was that free throw shooting a couple of weeks ago??.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Sounds like they did a pretty good University of Memphis imitation. that's about average for the Tigers too. Pathetic. Must have good athletes to overcome that stat. compare it to Gleason girls who made like 52 of 55 free throws.

QUOTE(Preston3 @ Mar 14 2007 - 04:12 PM) 826411785[/snapback]Sounds like they did a pretty good University of Memphis imitation. that's about average for the Tigers too. Pathetic. Must have good athletes to overcome that stat. compare it to Gleason girls who made like 52 of 55 free throws.

Actually 60-65 92.3%..A new state record....But you were close

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 14 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826411759[/snapback]You say that because of just one play??...The class thing??

Where was that free throw shooting a couple of weeks ago??.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

No kidding. What was the percentage against the UC game? I was there but can't remember. I do remember them shooting good from the line.

They are capable of doing it, I just don't know what happened today.

Come on vikings.

QUOTE(3153 @ Mar 14 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826411807[/snapback]No kidding. What was the percentage against the UC game? I was there but can't remember. I do remember them shooting good from the line.

They are capable of doing it, I just don't know what happened today.

Come on vikings.

21 of 25 right off the top of my head...And Epperson even hit 6 of 8 in the Trenton game....He missed 8 or 9 free throws today by himself...

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 14 2007 - 04:39 PM) 826411809[/snapback]21 of 25 right off the top of my head...And Epperson even hit 6 of 8 in the Trenton game....He missed 8 or 9 free throws today by himself...

Seems to me that every team that loses in the state tournaments seems to say the other team has bad class...same was said for Gleason girls after they won the state championship!! lol..it's pathetic that you lose to the better team and call them classless...Don't forget WARTBURG you just played the 3rd best team in 14a!!!!

QUOTE(bulldogplayermom @ Mar 14 2007 - 07:51 PM) 826411972[/snapback]Listen your team did win tonight. I seriously doubt after watching that they are the best team in the state. So Whooo Hooooo or whatever to you. Good luck moving on! Your season is over after your next game anyway so enjoy this one but you had better get your minds on your next round!

Their minds were prolly on next round anyways /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />