A Mr. Basketball updates

IOWNYOU149

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:25 PM) 826413744[/snapback]Skogen is a post, not a point guard!!

oh haha! well, there you go then. that explains it! forgive me...sorry. I've never seen him play and don't know a thing about him except from reading on here and looking at the program yesterday.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826413744[/snapback]Skogen is a post, not a point guard!!

Can someone explain his role on the team? You say that he's a post and that's why his assists are low. Everytime that I have seen him play, he pops out, gets the ball behind the arc, and then fires up a three. Looks like if he was a true post that doesn't get assists, he would stay down low and wait for the ball. I think that he's not a team player. Just my opinion from what I've watched.

Seth Skogen deserves to be Mr. Basketball.

He averages 21 points, 9 rebounds, 2.8 assists, and 2.5 steals a game.

He holds career records at Temple for most points (2,465) and most rebounds (951).

He's been an all-state selection for the last 3 years and has been finalist for Mr. Basketball the last 2 years.

This should be his year to win the award.

skogen also scored 52 points in ONE GAME!!!

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 16 2007 - 06:03 PM) 826414435[/snapback]Temple[/url] for most points (2,465) and most rebounds (951).

He's been an all-state selection for the last 3 years and has been finalist for Mr. Basketball the last 2 years.

This should be his year to win the award.

skogen also scored 52 points in ONE GAME!!!

Isn't Seth considered a shooting post? It seems like he plays the high post position and normally pops out for a three but doesn't normally live there. I honestly do not know if I have ever seen a more well-rounded player than Seth. People who think he is lazy, etc., just do not realize what they are seeing. He makes it look easy to shoot in people's faces. Let some of the doubters interview the kids that have had to defend him.

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Mar 16 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826414725[/snapback]They are both good candidates and maybe Skogen should get it because of how they did Caleb wrong his Senior year.

/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> I know you didn't say that...who's Caleb? Seth's brother? Ok explain... I know you're NOT saying that somebody should receive an award because of what happened to somebody else a previous year! Earn the award on your own talents...isn't that what it's all about? Seth Skogan is a very athletic talented player and I would hope that his own accomplishments would be the ONLY reasons he should get Mr. Basketball.

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Mar 16 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826414725[/snapback]They are both good candidates and maybe Skogen should get it because of how they did Caleb wrong his Senior year.

I actually agree with you, I thought caleb was the best high school player his Senior year....Doaks had alot of potential but didn't impress me like skogen did (granted I saw skogen play more)

I think seth should win it but only because of what he has done...

phx1best....I don't think gracegoldeneagles thinks seth should get it b/c caleb got screwed, he was just getting that opinion out...