A Mr. Basketball updates

IOWNYOU149

QUOTE(mtnman @ Mar 18 2007 - 03:01 PM) 826416316[/snapback]I doubt Skogen ever sat out a full quarter all year but I think he got shafted as well.

Please tell me your joking about sitting out a full quarter....Region 3 basketball is the best in the state single a...however there are teams that are so bad....starters rarely play but half a game... Sale Creek, Lookout Valley, Whitwell, Copper Basin Chatt-Creative Arts are some of the worst teams in the state...they are simply awful....I guarantee that skogen never played a 4th quarter against these teams.....those are just in the region....temple had wins over a handful of AAAA Georgia schools some by 30+ again...prob hardly ever played...

and the guy who said he played 23 minutes a game is either UC coach Brown's dad or Brown...that is the only way I believe him because in high school no one, NO ONE keeps track of minutes per game....

so that whole thing about minutes played is a bad argument....I watched the state championship game at home....skogen got shafted....that is for sure...they should go back to doing it a month after the state tourney to see who the big time players are.....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Mar 18 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826416295[/snapback]All thats nice, but lets not forget, he did that against teams from the UGLY SIDE of TENNESSEE, we play real basketball in the EAST.

lol..where did all the big D-1 recruits come from last year????example: Thaddeus Young, Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism,Jarvis Varnado...I bet most colleges would consider this the beautiful side of TN...you play real basketball in a half-court offense that may be your idea of real basketball...however your team would not be well conditioned enough to run with Union City or any of these other schools that run and gun....

QUOTE(Vandy1082 @ Mar 18 2007 - 02:10 PM) 826416330[/snapback]Please tell me your joking about sitting out a full quarter....Region 3 basketball is the best in the state single a...however there are teams that are so bad....starters rarely play but half a game... Sale Creek, Lookout Valley, Whitwell, Copper Basin Chatt-Creative Arts are some of the worst teams in the state...they are simply awful....I guarantee that skogen never played a 4th quarter against these teams.....those are just in the region....temple had wins over a handful of AAAA Georgia schools some by 30+ again...prob hardly ever played...

and the guy who said he played 23 minutes a game is either UC coach Brown's dad or Brown...that is the only way I believe him because in high school no one, NO ONE keeps track of minutes per game....

so that whole thing about minutes played is a bad argument....I watched the state championship game at home....skogen got shafted....that is for sure...they should go back to doing it a month after the state tourney to see who the big time players are.....

you obviously are clueless about Union City...the coach is Coach Sisco..

QUOTE(Vandy1082 @ Mar 18 2007 - 02:10 PM) 826416330[/snapback]Please tell me your joking about sitting out a full quarter....Region 3 basketball is the best in the state single a...however there are teams that are so bad....starters rarely play but half a game... Sale Creek, Lookout Valley, Whitwell, Copper Basin Chatt-Creative Arts are some of the worst teams in the state...they are simply awful....I guarantee that skogen never played a 4th quarter against these teams.....those are just in the region....temple had wins over a handful of AAAA Georgia schools some by 30+ again...prob hardly ever played...

STATS??? It is called the Union City Daily Messenger (BTW, one of the top sports newspapers in the state, and yes, they have awards to prove it).

Do you want me to provide their phone number so you can double check my work???

How about I dig up the issue that all these stats were compiled in and list this as well?

Guess I should of cited my references, since you don't believe these statistics. Did not know I was writing a term paper.

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Mar 18 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826416295[/snapback]All thats nice, but lets not forget, he did that against teams from the UGLY SIDE of TENNESSEE, we play real basketball in the EAST.

That's all you got??? We can help you with a better comeback against ourselves if you need the help??

Ex: This is my favorite...."UC sat at home and did not make it to the boro." ---true statement

Or another one...."MJ Brown did not lead his team to a state title and did not have as good of numbers as Skogen"-=-another true statement.

Come-on 'Grace Golden Eagles.' Man surely you have something better than that!!

Just having a little fun with ya!!

Hey what about them VOLS?????

QUOTE(johnnyutah7 @ Mar 18 2007 - 04:03 PM) 826416385[/snapback]MJ Brown is the best player in the state

Union City is the best team in the state

East Tennessee just got lucky that uc didn't make it to the boro

Sounds more like Humboldt got lucky...

Union City can only sit home and talk about what they did do and what they hoped to do, but didn't.

Temple, on the other hand, can only talk about what they did do. Ahh-Huhmmm (Throat clearing) /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 18 2007 - 03:45 PM) 826416514[/snapback]Sounds more like Humboldt got lucky...

Union City can only sit home and talk about what they did do and what they hoped to do, but didn't.

Temple, on the other hand, can only talk about what they did do. Ahh-Huhmmm (Throat clearing) /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I for one was picking Oglesby maybe the greatest athlete to come out of Jeff County...too bad he left.

QUOTE(johnnyutah7 @ Mar 18 2007 - 04:03 PM) 826416385[/snapback]MJ Brown is the best player in the state

All we hear is the same endless chatter about a team, that didn't even make it out of their own region, that is supposed to be the "best in the state". Why can't you just give credit to Temple for what they have accomplished by winning their 3rd Gold Ball in 5 years?

QUOTE(johnnyutah7 @ Mar 18 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826416385[/snapback]MJ Brown is the best player in the state

You have to beat the team that beat you to beat the team that beat the team that beat you /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If thats real basketball then I'm gonna start watching soccer /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> .......

I was so bored watchin the Single A games....CSAS didn't need to be in the 'Ship......Clearly, the championship was won in the semifinals..... Congrats to Temple, but I would have rather seen Humboldt/Temple in the 'Ship that CSAS....That was a good game....

Vandy- how many Temple games have you seen this year? Skogen did not sit against these awful teams until he got at least 20 points. Ask the parents of the kids sat the bench. It didn't matter what they were up by, Skogen (and other seniors) played in the fourth quarter in almost every game.

Again I am not argueing against him, he is clearly the best player in Class A. Not sure how they choose.