Liberty vs. Knox Fulton

nebuntyn

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(papatiger @ Mar 13 2007 - 06:41 PM) 826410600[/snapback]P.A. & Nebuntyn, I would love to come tomorrow and sit with you guys again. It was a lot of fun at Waverly. I have to work tomorrow, it's Wednesday you know. Also, I hear that they're calling for flash floods tomorrow in Murfreesboro, all the way to Knoxville. Make sure you wear your boots and bring your boat, because those Fulton tears will flow. Liberty by 27.

Well, I wasn't but 2 points off. Just as I predicted on another thread. It would be close early and LT blow it open in the third.

Dyer County or White House either don't have a snowball's chance.

I'll give my prediction when I see who wins that game though.

Congrats LT, keep it up guys, you are a class act.

Hey Muffin, hand me a mop! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Hater_Nation_Rules @ Mar 10 2007 - 09:29 AM) 826407164[/snapback]Their coach should have chosen the Pizza and the Hall of Fame trip. Liberty by 25+!!!!! copy this post /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I called this on Mar. 10, 2007...hence my copy of my post...this will be the closest game of the tourney for Liberty. If Humboldt can get past Temple (depending on the ft's), you can probably see an all West gold ball collection again. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

P.S. Dyer county is the only team that can keep Liberty Tech under 25. And that's only if they are hitting some threes!!

QUOTE(Hater_Nation_Rules @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:07 PM) 826412263[/snapback]I called this on Mar. 10, 2007...hence my copy of my post...this will be the closest game of the tourney for Liberty. If Humboldt can get past Temple (depending on the ft's), you can probably see an all West gold ball collection again. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

P.S. Dyer county is the only team that can keep Liberty Tech under 25. And that's only if they are hitting some threes!!

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> R u serious? These people just don't get it!!!! Liberty ain't goin!!!!!!!! U really think Dyer county can hold them under 25 points? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yall crack me up!!!!!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Dyer county is babbage and White house was babbage!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Libery was pretty awsome. Hats off to a great prefomance. I would be shocked if they didn't win the gold. And as talented as they were, I'm just as proud of Fulton for competing on their level in the 1st half. 2nd half was just a combination of cold shooting and being very undersized. Liberty posters were right about owning the third. Your run showed your dominance.

I know this is basketball, but in football it is common for a team to run the ball up the middle to let the clock run and eventually taking a knee to end the game. There are some teams that can be winning by 4 touchdowns and will throw to the endzone trying to add more points. A phrase I heard a lot this week is "Typical Liberty Basketball". My question to you would be is it typical Liberty basketball to keep the starter in the game when you're up by 25 in the 4th quarter? Or late in the 4th quarter and with the game in hand, continue to launch the 3 pointers in the game? Was it a classy coaching call or a players decision to throw the ally-oop with less than 2 minutes to go? Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound to prove you're th better team.... or maybe it was for PR and not wanting to win by less than 20.

Comments aside... Liberty is a great team. Congratulations and good luck.