East Lit

Noway

QUOTE(athomp54 @ Mar 6 2007 - 07:50 PM) 826402787[/snapback]they came from AA basketball losing to MLK, and David Lipscomb now they are in A basketball

they also have a few stratford football players on there team and statford football team is in class 4A

We played up in the last classification period for the purpose of travel and rivalries. Hindsight being what it is probably not a good idea. My mistake. We will be moving back to double A next year (this time because of our numbers).To clarify the part about Stratford football, our student athletes play football for Stratford in the TSSAA co-op program. We actually benefit them, not the opposite.

They will be my "sleeper" pick, outside their fans and probably a few in Metro and the region they came from I am sure no one is counting on them to do much in the state. They were upset in the district semis and lost on a lack-luster effort in the consolation game in their district to Houston County, to finish a #4 seed going into the region. When they came to Cascade and played my home-town team I was extremely impressed with their athletic ability and their ability to shoot the ball. Coach Pope had told me they were a very athletic single A team but he was hoping they wouldn't shoot the ball well and his kids would have a chance but that was not the case. After that first region win, they looked extremely focused and driven to get to the state. They hammered Nashville Christian and took advantage of some Eagleville miscues to win the region. I had seen Moore County play Cascade twice and thought that they could defeat East Literature but it seems from everything I heard East Lit's kids outplayed Moore County as well. Good luck to East Lit and hopefully you will represent our region and along with Culleoka our sub-state for more than one game!

QUOTE(baller88 @ Mar 7 2007 - 07:27 AM) 826403187[/snapback]They will be my "sleeper" pick, outside their fans and probably a few in Metro and the region they came from I am sure no one is counting on them to do much in the state. They were upset in the district semis and lost on a lack-luster effort in the consolation game in their district to Houston County, to finish a #4 seed going into the region. When they came to Cascade and played my home-town team I was extremely impressed with their athletic ability and their ability to shoot the ball. Coach Pope had told me they were a very athletic single A team but he was hoping they wouldn't shoot the ball well and his kids would have a chance but that was not the case. After that first region win, they looked extremely focused and driven to get to the state. They hammered Nashville Christian and took advantage of some Eagleville miscues to win the region. I had seen Moore County play Cascade twice and thought that they could defeat East Literature but it seems from everything I heard East Lit's kids outplayed Moore County as well. Good luck to East Lit and hopefully you will represent our region and along with Culleoka our sub-state for more than one game!

East Lit is a very good team and has just as good a chance to advance in the state as any other team. Not really sure what you mean by no one counting on them to do much in the state. I would have to say the people who actually know this team and understand how athletic these kids are have a much better idea of what they are capable of doing. This is a class team and will represent the Region very well. The only people who underestimate this teams ability are people who either don't know anything about District 10A and how competitive the teams are in the district or haven't seen East Literature play when they are truly focused. This team is a good team that comes from a very tough District. Good luck to East Literature and congrats on a very good season no matter what happens. The teams in District 10A will miss them next year.

We played up in the last classification period for the purpose of travel and rivalries. Hindsight being what it is probably not a good idea. My mistake. We will be moving back to double A next year (this time because of our numbers).To clarify the part about Stratford football, our student athletes play football for Stratford in the TSSAA co-op program. We actually benefit them, not the opposite.

[/quote

Hey coach when it comes to having football players from a good 4A program I not mad at you for it. I feel like TC and the others have a serious advantage when it comes to being physical on the court and especially in the post against 1A basketball and if I were coaching I would definitely want that advantage.

Good Luck and Ill be there next week supporting you and WC.

oh yeah for 2 years I worked with you at East as a CS with Saulter and Godwin.

QUOTE(Jim B. @ Mar 7 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826403738[/snapback]I agree with Voldad. My son played against East Lit during the regular season. He said that they showed the best sportsmanship of just about any team they played. I am behind them 100% and I wish them and their coach the best of luck!

I think this speaks volumes for the coaching staff and the caliber of players East Lit has.

Most people will remember more of how you act…..than how you play.

Good Luck to East Lit. I will be there pulling for you on Wednesday.