Culleoka vs. Cloudland

culleokarep

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mphstigerfan @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826412383[/snapback]Little team down in Linden has won 6. Maybe you heard of them.

Yeah, I saw Mike Rhodes play in the 70's and everybody else put together in 11A and 12A has how many gold balls? Maybe they couldn't play in the same conference as alot of the other districts in the state. Mt Pleasant used to beat Columbia Central in basketball every now and then back in the day.

My point is that making a blanket statement after watching one team for one day is clueless. You've seen Cloudland one time in your life. They're in the tournament. That's all that matters. Your region hasn't exactly torn it up historically.

QUOTE(mphstigerfan @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826412383[/snapback]Little team down in Linden has won 6. Maybe you heard of them.

I got to see Perry County in Linden against Union City back in 1997.....That was Perry Co.'s undefeated year with Kirk Haston..They rallied to beat UC..That was also Union City's state championship year in AA......

QUOTE(mphstigerfan @ Mar 14 2007 - 07:13 PM) 826412000[/snapback]Great performance by Culleoka. I thought the key was getting off to the good start and Cloudland didn't. Friday's opponent is much more athletic and will be a tougher matchup. How many busloads of students and supporters did Culleoka bring. It looked like a bunch and they were into the game the whole time.

Cully had to pack the house. Yesterday was a milestone for not only the school, but also the community. Everyone around here loves the team. We had to show everyone in the state that we not only have the best basketball team, but also the fact that our basketball team has the best fans supporting them!

QUOTE(mphstigerfan @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826412288[/snapback]I aint hating just stating my opinion. I think they would finish in the middle of the pack in either district. Collinwood, Summertown, Mt. Pleasant, Moore County, and Richland in my opinion are all better basketball teams than Cloudland. Being in the state tourney doesnt automatically mean that your one of the best 8 teams in the state. It means you have one of the best teams in your area. Making the state tourney is a great feat and an accomplishment that many teams never make. I give credit to any team that makes it to M'boro.

Excellent post. I doubt that half the teams that played yesterday could walk away with a win if they had to play Union City, Lake County, etc.

QUOTE(mphstigerfan @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:15 PM) 826412288[/snapback]I aint hating just stating my opinion. I think they would finish in the middle of the pack in either district. Collinwood, Summertown, Mt. Pleasant, Moore County, and Richland in my opinion are all better basketball teams than Cloudland. Being in the state tourney doesnt automatically mean that your one of the best 8 teams in the state. It means you have one of the best teams in your area. Making the state tourney is a great feat and an accomplishment that many teams never make. I give credit to any team that makes it to M'boro.

That is exactly the point I have been trying to get across.....The level of play is down in this tournament and I believe the reason is because you have 5 teams that came into the tournament unranked and alot with double figure losses.....You have two of the top three teams in the state sitting at home....Just because say a Cloudland or East Literature is in,doesn't mean they are better than a Union City or Lake County...Excellent post....

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> You still have to win to advance in this tournament don't you?

Hats off to those that advanced. There's only 8 of you that made it to the 'Boro. That's what it's all about.

It's a magical season for Culleoka. First state appearance ever. The gold ball would be gravy. Enjoy the ride, take in the sights and the memories. They'll last you a lifetime.

QUOTE(AsIs @ Mar 15 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826412573[/snapback]Hey Landers, don't let them talk about your team this way! You might want to remind everyone about the 2004 UNAKA team! I think they are from dist. 1. They didn't seem to have a problem with West Tn.

Part of the blue alliance would never acknowledge the 04 STATE CHAMPION UNAKA RANGERS, after all it takes 2 Blue to make 1 MAROON!!!!!!!!!!

COME GET SOME!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 15 2007 - 08:35 AM) 826412719[/snapback]That is exactly the point I have been trying to get across.....The level of play is down in this tournament and I believe the reason is because you have 5 teams that came into the tournament unranked and alot with double figure losses.....You have two of the top three teams in the state sitting at home....Just because say a Cloudland or East Literature is in,doesn't mean they are better than a Union City or Lake County...Excellent post....

Why in the world do you keep bringing up Union City and Lake County they may have been loaded and they may have been head and shoulders above everybody else in the tournament during the regular season but obviously they didnt have what it took to get here. some of you people dont understand that the most talented team is not always going to win the championship, I know it's cliche but thats why they play the game on the court and not on paper. Maybe the play was a little sloppy yesterday but guess what I would rather play like crap and look mediocre in the state tournament than to llok like all-stars and be loaded with talent sitting at home. why dont we just continue making predictions, and analysis about the teams still standing. We are doing Temple, CSAS,Culleoka, and Humboldt a disservice by continually mentioning Union City and Lake Co. nobody cares about them right now they are not in the tournament

Whirlwind, Hampton has rode the coat tail of Cloudland all year I don't think they will have trouble acknowledging UNAKA, in terms of STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. Cloudland has been there the last two years and found out just how far off they really are.(can't compete), Hampton can't even get there, you know how far off they are. I wonder if the "alliance" has ever REALLY stoped and thought, HOW DID UNAKA DO WHAT THEY DID?

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826412719[/snapback]That is exactly the point I have been trying to get across.....The level of play is down in this tournament and I believe the reason is because you have 5 teams that came into the tournament unranked and alot with double figure losses.....You have two of the top three teams in the state sitting at home....Just because say a Cloudland or East Literature is in,doesn't mean they are better than a Union City or Lake County...Excellent post....

Dude, nobody gives a crap about Union City and Lake County. They didn't even make it to sub-state. Nobody wants to hear about them anymore..